Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
NSKaneda

Re: Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Post#251 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:35 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:29 pm Another thing thats different for msh is that they dont have axe toss to dismount a target, idk if thats been mentioned already.

Maybe let them spit at target or something :?

What about range squig attacks? And bow, you know you can use it, right? :D
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#252 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:35 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:29 pm Another thing thats different for msh is that they dont have axe toss to dismount a target, idk if thats been mentioned already.

Maybe let them spit at target or something :?

What about range squig attacks? And bow, you know you can use it, right? :D
Yea, and how is that relevant to the MELEE squigherder? You seen those squig armor arms?? They're even tinier than the actual goblins'.. they cant string up a bow :lol:

NSKaneda

Post#253 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:39 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm Yea, and how is that relevant to the MELEE squigherder? You seen those squig armor arms?? They're even tinier than the actual goblins'.. they cant string up a bow :lol:
You still have a bow. You still have your range attacks. Just because you choose to stay in close quarters doesn't mean there are no tools to range dismount.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

nebelwerfer

Post#254 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:34 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:39 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm Yea, and how is that relevant to the MELEE squigherder? You seen those squig armor arms?? They're even tinier than the actual goblins'.. they cant string up a bow :lol:
You still have a bow. You still have your range attacks. Just because you choose to stay in close quarters doesn't mean there are no tools to range dismount.
you are technically right but it's still very inconvenient and a difference worth pointing out as squigleap and pounce was the best way to dismount but now.. yeah.

Neverever

Post#255 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:35 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:00 pm
Neverever wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 am Yea yea yea... Once more you try to manipulate people with false data. Everybody is so familiar with your bullshit in this forums that as you can observe from the responds, no one is taking you serious. ...well except a dev who is obviously in love with the certain class you tirelessly try to keep above others in every single thread with your childish arguments such has "hey I have the numbers, here they are but don't ask the details of how I obtained those numbers...". Very convincing!
MY GUY!!!! PROVE I AM WRONG!!!! You are doing all this talking, ZERO testing. Go get logs, go make your data. Bring it back. I will be waiting. I helped torq do testing with the mSH and gave him suggestions to fix their burst. He took it and a few other small tweaks for them when the melee tree first came out.

If you know anything about Torq he is not a Hyperbole type guy.
Huh.. ? What is there to prove wrong? I don't understand. what do you think you have proved by putting some addon numbers in front of us? If you are presenting some numbers and arguing that MSH and WL has the same burst damage and looking to your numbers SH has done even 1 k more dmg in the given time, which I find very amusing, you have to also share how and under what conditions that numbers were obtained. Is it that hard to grasp ? But judging from your rejection of sharing the real data it is obvious you just try to manipulate people with your made up numbers.

I wasn't talking about Torque...

sogeou

Post#256 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Neverever wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:35 pm
sogeou wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:00 pm
Neverever wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 am Yea yea yea... Once more you try to manipulate people with false data. Everybody is so familiar with your bullshit in this forums that as you can observe from the responds, no one is taking you serious. ...well except a dev who is obviously in love with the certain class you tirelessly try to keep above others in every single thread with your childish arguments such has "hey I have the numbers, here they are but don't ask the details of how I obtained those numbers...". Very convincing!
MY GUY!!!! PROVE I AM WRONG!!!! You are doing all this talking, ZERO testing. Go get logs, go make your data. Bring it back. I will be waiting. I helped torq do testing with the mSH and gave him suggestions to fix their burst. He took it and a few other small tweaks for them when the melee tree first came out.

If you know anything about Torq he is not a Hyperbole type guy.
Huh.. ? What is there to prove wrong? I don't understand. what do you think you have proved by putting some addon numbers in front of us? If you are presenting some numbers and arguing that MSH and WL has the same burst damage and looking to your numbers SH has done even 1 k more dmg in the given time, which I find very amusing, you have to also share how and under what conditions that numbers were obtained. Is it that hard to grasp ? But judging from your rejection of sharing the real data it is obvious you just try to manipulate people with your made up numbers.

I wasn't talking about Torque...
If you played both classes you would know, but guess what you don't. You don't even play those classes. So, you don't know. Prove me wrong. Go do it. You can't.

Josewales

Post#257 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Gurf wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am There seems to be a bit of myth built up around the WL, i'm not rr80 or anything but about the only thing I kill 1 v 1 is a Sorc and that is only if I can get the jump on them. I'm easy kill for MSH and Mara. Just look at ranked, there is only one WL in the whole leader board.
There is a reason why we WLs hang in the back calculating when to move in. We only have a few seconds to get the job done unless one has guard and pocket heal. Range gob gob wheh they see us come in range. Much like I gob gob when I see a brave WE pop out on a squishie.

A lot of nerf cries are based off of their wish ‘don’t touch me’ immunity. I don’t take them serious unless they get their way. They should try roaming solo with one...and then come back.

This patch imo wasn’t really a nerf. It’s dps trade off into the pet that helps in the middle of rotations. Already I notice a difference wheh going toe to toe with such as WES. More pet damage and noticeable crits via enemy addon.

I actually utilize every ability and dont spam only a couple abilities. Which is why I enjoy the WL.

My take.

Aezron

Post#258 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:49 pm

I was wondering about this part of the patch notes:

[All pets]

Stats from Renown training are now granted to the pets as well.

In addition to the stats they already get from items, all pets in all stances get the following stats from the owners items:
- Melee Crit
- Magic Crit
- Ranged Crit (On Horned Squigs and Regular Squigs this is converted to melee crit)
- Critical Hit Rate
- Reduced chance to be crit
- Armor Penetration
- Armor Penetration Reduction

About the first part, does that mean all stats from renown are granted to pets as well? Or only the already granted stats from items are now granted by renown trainings aswell, so Intelligence and Wounds for Magus pets for example?
Or does it mean only the listed renown training (crit etc.) gets applied to pets as well?
So if I e.g. get Toughness with renown training, does my Magus Daemon now also gain that toughness in addition to my character? I'm a bit confused

Ads
PlagueMonk

Post#259 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:24 pm

I have a number of problems making a direct comparison of the WL to the mSH and that is, WL do.......MDPS, period. We have options to do different types of that melee damage but it's all in melee range. So when you compare it to the mSH they still have the option to pick up a bow if they want, where is the WL's bow? (please don't squawk about axe toss, not the same thing). During a siege I would love to be able to do a decent amount of ranged damage. Where are all the other things a SH still has access to like better defensive tools, self heal (WL can heal their pet but that's not the same), aoe punt, self kb, aoe snare, etc? All the WL does is MDPS so we should be doing more damage imho or give us some more utility tools like our supposed mirror has. Utility should come at a cost but I'm seeing none.

Personally I think WL should have similar burst to a WE/WH (with lion) since, unlike those classes, we can't choose our targets as easily and precisely as they can nor can we vanish back to safety if we fail to take down our target in 5 secs. You see a WL coming. All 3 however are MDPS.

Pounce should have some sort of damage component to it, even if it's small to allow it to be used as a dismount. What about a 1 sec KD? (should also apply to the SH version)

If this change holds then the Loner Tactic should get a damage boost since that damage moved to the Lion they don't have (this should also apply to "All by Meself") along with the extra pounce nerf on the tactic.