Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Twick

Re: Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Post#121 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Ahh yes knight with the lowest dps in the game gets a useless talent to cleanse deataunts LMAO (OMG KNIGHT DPS SO SCARY)

and chosen gets free 45 points of renown, good balance guys.

There needs to be more forethought or at least some sort of mindset you guys have to post with what direction you heading with these changes.

I don't like them, I think they are stupid and this is just a huge crutch given to Destro but I COULD BE WRONG and I want to know the rationale behind these changes from the dev team, where is the direction headed?

I think they are stupid, but with some light shown on them from the mindset of the dev team we might learn something we didnt know.

Who knows, maybe these are the best balance changes we have ever seen. I just wanna know the dev rationale and direction, like what are yall aiming for here?
Last edited by Twick on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
volantis

Post#122 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:43 pm

I would like to add that the fort change sounds fun and interesting change. Cannot wait to try it out. Thank you.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#123 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm

We're gauging reactions to people playing the patch before making any changes.

To be clear:
-There's other classes that have this tactic, though not on a defensive reaction. Of note:
* IB/BG have a 25% crit reduction
* Sacrifices Rewarded can prevent crits entirely via absorb on a defensive ability
* Raking Talons (Path of Vaul) which increases damage taken
* Overpowered Swings which increases chance to be crit for an enemy
- The Chosen must be COMPLETELY glass cannon for this to work well. If they avoid damage, it doesn't apply. If they get crit, it hurts. Toughness would be the only benefit for this build, and toughness really works best with chance to be crit reduction.
Anyone who plays a tank knows what it feels like to have 0% chance to be crit reduction, and it's painful to say the least.

I think 25% is far too much, and I let dalen know as much. He agrees, and it's likely this will be changed to 10% to match arcing swings' tactic in a hotfix before the weekend.

I think we'll observe with it at 10% until the next patch, and then adjust to 5% as needed.

I still think it needs an ICD (it's incredibly powerful) but I am reserving judgement for now.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#124 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40478

I remember when stacking slayers using rampage+ID+CD reduction (+retribution) wasnt OP because:
-Rampage can be shattered/dispelled
-ID can be cleansed "with any of the thousand grp cleanse"

Well, your healers must be sleeping if not cleansing this curse asap => any average+ warband should be able to achieve this. For sure this curse can be cleansed with any of those thousand grp cleanse...
Last edited by emiliorv on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#125 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:53 pm

zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Spoiler:
Gurf wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:24 pm
wonshot wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:15 pm An other way to put it into perspective, I assume most slayers are around 30% critchance +-. This debuff would strip them down to 5%. A monstro mara build would strive to get 50%critchance, and this tactic alone would reduce a critchance-stacking build to half? too potent.
Most Slayers aren't anywhere near 30% Crit, even the rr85+ ones here are unlikely to be that high, more like 15%
Who needs crit chance when you have undefendable attacks.
funny how they claim for low crit....but how much %armor pen is running a RR85 BIS slayer?

CptGeorges

Post#126 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:56 pm

25% crit chance reduction is too much. Reduce it by 10-15%. This nerfs every single order aoe specced class in the game in every engagement where there's one chosen.
Last edited by CptGeorges on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madmatics

Post#127 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm We're gauging reactions to people playing the patch before making any changes.

To be clear:
Spoiler:
-There's other classes that have this tactic, though not on a defensive reaction. Of note:
* Sacrifices Rewarded can prevent crits entirely via absorb on a defensive ability
- The Chosen must be COMPLETELY glass cannon for this to work well. If they avoid damage, it doesn't apply. If they get crit, it hurts. Toughness would be the only benefit for this build, and toughness really works best with chance to be crit reduction.
Anyone who plays a tank knows what it feels like to have 0% chance to be crit reduction, and it's painful to say the least.

I think 25% is far too much, and I let dalen know as much. He agrees, and it's likely this will be changed to 10% to match arcing swings' tactic in a hotfix before the weekend.

I think we'll observe with it at 10% until the next patch, and then adjust to 5% as needed.

I still think it needs an ICD (it's incredibly powerful) but I am reserving judgement for now.
That is great communication, thanks.

And btw, also thank you for having looked into the bugged Magus tactics.

Time to test some Path of Changing builds again...
Last edited by madmatics on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twick

Post#128 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:51 pm viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40478

I remember when stacking slayers using rampage+ID+CD reduction (+retribution) wasnt OP because:
-Rampage can be shattered/dispelled
-ID can be cleansed "with any of the thousand grp cleanse"

Well, your healers must be sleeping if not cleansing this curse asap => any average+ warband should be able to achieve this. For sure this curse can be cleansed with any of those thousand grp cleanse...
With that same rationale Broadhead arrow is useless yet you see every destro and their mama bitching about it.

By that rationale rampage shouldn't be a big deal at all, it is cleansable and you can just CC or knockback the slayer.

By that rationale Overpowered swing is useless, because you can just cleanse the debuff.

Come on everyone here is posting "pie in the sky" perfect scenarios in a bubble where people have perfect comps and such, some things sound amazing in theory and don't work that way in practice.

Ads
forsa

Post#129 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm We're gauging reactions to people playing the patch before making any changes.

To be clear:

*afaik its 20% on 100 hate, st, 5 sec kd
*afaik absorb does not provide crit immunity waaay long ago
*RT reduce damage for 4 (four) sec, requires 3 stance and target to hit. You prob meant Lingering Intimidation - st,5 cd, -25% crit on target, 2 stance?
* 10% in 30ft aoe cone, target should not parry attack, mirrored to BG as skill
-There is a - crit dmg limi, als0 Ch can just go full Hardy Concession + tough + hp
Also it works on all targets hitting ch due to no icd.
Last edited by forsa on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gurf

Post#130 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

There isn't really such a thing as a Glass Cannon Chosen in this case, he won't have much parry or block but can very easily get over 1k toughnes and wounds, heavy armour, plus the tactic itself removes the need for Futile Strikes so they only take the occasional crit without having to spend all that rr to get it, which then frees up a whole load of rr to spend on other things. Plus you only need a couple in an entire warband to have the desired effect