Ads

Patch Notes 11/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 11/11/2020

Post#11 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:19 pm

diedrake wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:07 pm hmm interesting changes, the SH change seems right as technically armor is a stance.

Not sure about engy changes but then again i don't play engy. Just to clarify, the engy lost the mine but magus still has it?

i guess the healing on turret/minion is good?

All in all interesting changes :)
Engi still have land mine , but the tactic that we’re adding build time when using land mine is now applied on Flashbang grenade instead
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
xanderous

Post#12 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:32 pm

- Shock Grenade is removed and replaced by Field Repair : 3 seconds channelled Heal on your turret

Could you not have just made this ability effect allies within 30ft of the player its cast on to remove multiple staggers as a single stagger removal was very niche and i almost never saw a worthwhile opportunity to use it but i have seen many times multiple people being staggered at once.

Unless the heal is super powerful as in it regains all health in 1s, otherwise will just be useless as only flame turret will have enough wounds to justify using it before it dies from damage, making it channelled means spending 3s healing a pet and i assume not being able to do anything else in that time, which means spending AP on that ability when you could just spend it on spawning another turret and take the stack loss.

-Quick Reloader effect changed from "All Path of the Rifleman abilities now cost 35% fewer action points." to "Snipe and Gun blast now build up one second faster"

Actually not a bad change but means having to sacrifice a tactic slot for something that is already tactic starved in that area, will try it out but i have a feeling it won't be worth sacrificing either tracer rounds, fighting chance, masterful aim, unless you remove well oiled machine but running without that is pretty much an impossibility that this point.

Also why did not magus get this tactic, is it planed for next patch?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:16 pm

It’s fair for both sides : it was a strong tactic for core, and not mirrored to magus. Now it require to invest points to get it.
In another hand , engineer doesn’t need to give free immune by using landmine to apply the build up increaser
Originally tactics to reduce cast time had a drawback in increased ap cost. When the description in the patch notes is correct, it sounds like a no-brainer tactic.
On your main targets with low to mid armor, who rarely dodge you anyway, you will deal basically twice the dps.
I see it is added to mirror phys range dps cast time reduction of SW/SH but those had lower tooltip dmg anyway.
We will see how it works out but I guess the keep wall camping midgets will have even less reason to move. :P

Shouldn't be a problem with tactic slots either, because Masterful Aim is about 10% extra dmg, while this tactic increases dps by a lot more.
Dying is no option.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#14 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:32 pm - Shock Grenade is removed and replaced by Field Repair : 3 seconds channelled Heal on your turret

Could you not have just made this ability effect allies within 30ft of the player its cast on to remove multiple staggers as a single stagger removal was very niche and i almost never saw a worthwhile opportunity to use it but i have seen many times multiple people being staggered at once.

Unless the heal is super powerful as in it regains all health in 1s, otherwise will just be useless as only flame turret will have enough wounds to justify using it before it dies from damage, making it channelled means spending 3s healing a pet and i assume not being able to do anything else in that time, which means spending AP on that ability when you could just spend it on spawning another turret and take the stack loss.

-Quick Reloader effect changed from "All Path of the Rifleman abilities now cost 35% fewer action points." to "Snipe and Gun blast now build up one second faster"

Actually not a bad change but means having to sacrifice a tactic slot for something that is already tactic starved in that area, will try it out but i have a feeling it won't be worth sacrificing either tracer rounds, fighting chance, masterful aim, unless you remove well oiled machine but running without that is pretty much an impossibility that this point.

Magus didn’t had the -35% AP stuff and have access easily to crit tactic in this tree , where engi have to spend 11 pts in tinkerer.

About the heal it’s a channel heal (around 2k heal) and during the time the turret / minion is healed , they are briefly immune to damage

Jabba

Post#15 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm

If engies are getting quicker casts on snipes, does this mean the snipe target leashing can finally be fixed, so you're not hit at like 250ft range and out of los for like 3 seconds. Make it cancel when a target goes out of los or out of range like pretty much everything else.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#16 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:42 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:39 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:16 pm

It’s fair for both sides : it was a strong tactic for core, and not mirrored to magus. Now it require to invest points to get it.
In another hand , engineer doesn’t need to give free immune by using landmine to apply the build up increaser
Originally tactics to reduce cast time had a drawback in increased ap cost. When the description in the patch notes is correct, it sounds like a no-brainer tactic.
On your main targets with low to mid armor, who rarely dodge you anyway, you will deal basically twice the dps.
I see it is added to mirror phys range dps cast time reduction of SW/SH but those had lower tooltip dmg anyway.
We will see how it works out but I guess the keep wall camping midgets will have even less reason to move. :P

Shouldn't be a problem with tactic slots either, because Masterful Aim is about 10% extra dmg, while this tactic increases dps by a lot more.

Mara build up time tactic act the same as engi new one

xanderous

Post#17 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Magus didn’t had the -35% AP stuff and have access easily to crit tactic in this tree , where engi have to spend 11 pts in tinkerer.
I was speaking in regards to the " to "Snipe and Gun blast now build up one second faster" not the AP part of the tactic
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#18 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:45 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:43 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:32 pm

I was speaking in regards to the " to "Snipe and Gun blast now build up one second faster" not the AP part of the tactic
I got that . Again , the build up faster tactic replace te trash -35% AP cost tactic , which magus didn’t have (cause they have crit tactic instead) unless you are asking to remove crit tactic from magus havoc and add build up reducer ?

Ads
hammerhead

Post#19 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:55 pm

This is not critical, but in this version, Hollow-Points loses any meaningful meaning. And the Quick Reloader stacks with the Expert Skirmisher :twisted:
(\|)o0(|/)

xanderous

Post#20 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:45 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:43 pm

I got that . Again , the build up faster tactic replace te trash -35% AP cost tactic , which magus didn’t have (cause they have crit tactic instead) unless you are asking to remove crit tactic from magus havoc and add build up reducer ?
If you are saying you cannot add a tactic without removing something on the mastery tree then i suppose you could swap out "fiery winds" a fairly useless tactic imo, put "changers blessing" at the bottom and new tactic up top, chaos unleashed can sit in the middle, it would not effect builds as single target spec builds up past that anyway.