Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 11/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orontes

Re: Patch Notes 11/11/2020

Post#121 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 pm

nailinthehead wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 am Funny to see how people complain about a tactic reducing the cast time, which requires to drop another dmg increasing tactic, of most stationary class tree ever, requiring you to have the turret up for 8s before the shot, stack lots of WS and stay at the turret for the shot to make any significant dmg. If you get killed by a rifleman engi it means a) you're being focused on b) you met BT sniper squad which leads to the a) point. And believe me - it happens that even 8 or more engis sniping at the same time are not able to kill some maras, not even talking about tanks.
I assume from the above the poster would have no issue if the Magus Bolt of Change could be reduced to 2 seconds from a tactic?

Ads
nailinthehead

Post#122 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Orontes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 pm
nailinthehead wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 am Funny to see how people complain about a tactic reducing the cast time, which requires to drop another dmg increasing tactic, of most stationary class tree ever, requiring you to have the turret up for 8s before the shot, stack lots of WS and stay at the turret for the shot to make any significant dmg. If you get killed by a rifleman engi it means a) you're being focused on b) you met BT sniper squad which leads to the a) point. And believe me - it happens that even 8 or more engis sniping at the same time are not able to kill some maras, not even talking about tanks.
I assume from the above the poster would have no issue if the Magus Bolt of Change could be reduced to 2 seconds from a tactic?

Well, I'm no expert when it comes to Magus so I can't really tell how heavy impact it would have on the gameplay. But one have to take into consideration that Magus does magical dmg and it can't be straight forward compared to rifle engi, which is pure psychical dmg. I only know that I die to Magus quite often.

Wam wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:29 pm Usually will be unguarded unsuspecting solo players die to snipe assist...

Players in proper setups with decent gear need to be focused extra by the snipe team... and the snipe team does not have mobility so break line of sight or range and its no problem just need to be aware of them before they are of you :lol:

You have to take in mind how many dps players they have assisting, there is aprox 12 players grouped, usually 1 rp, 1 ib 1 slayer... likely 9 rdps engi assisting, that is more assist than city WB (8) and its all Single target, decent cast and undefendable so its going to hurt but mostly because its 9 dps on same target at the same time... but if they are attacking borks/chosen/mara/doks classes with med/heavy armour then the scaling of gear (Sov) drasticially improves chance of survival the initial burst. If its on a light armour class then RIP. Engi's need high BS and WS, magus only need high intel, its the big difference between them.

Dwarves do dwarf things 8-)

This. Sniping is all about positioning, group play, comms and synchronization. It's fun but nothing more and even BT sniper squad has basically no influence on orvr situation. Even with that tactic burst potential of single rifle engie is minimal, the only power is in number of engies and even that requires close cooperation of whole group to kill ONE target at a time. I could as well complain about unkillable shammies groups roaming but in the overall scope they have no impact on they gameplay other than being so damn annoying.

Just to clarify - outside the sniper squad I don't run the rifle engie and personally I don't care too much. The concussion mine change for me is much worse as it broke one of the very few close combat builds.

Ramlaen

Post#123 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:12 pm

I think the more absurd thing is expecting to live with 9 dps on you.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Schweedy

Post#124 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 am

The new Engineer is the powerhouse of Tier 2/Tier 3 now for sure.

Maybe a different story for T4 due to how much armor gets stacked, but everything below Tier 4 dies in scenarios. People can't detaunt me in time for them to survive my burst. It's quite insane. Poor Sorcs/Zealots. :cry:
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Wam

Post#125 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Schweedy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 am The new Engineer is the powerhouse of Tier 2/Tier 3 now for sure.

Maybe a different story for T4 due to how much armor gets stacked, but everything below Tier 4 dies in scenarios. People can't detaunt me in time for them to survive my burst. It's quite insane. Poor Sorcs/Zealots. :cry:
possibly because the lack of armour pots, lack of talismans, and probably lacking guard and other things used in these tiers... scaling of gear (armour) improves defensively post 40 and engi's will need to invest alot more into weapon skill than lower tiers.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Sulorie

Post#126 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Schweedy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 am The new Engineer is the powerhouse of Tier 2/Tier 3 now for sure.

They were easy kills before as well, now it only goes faster. Overall an appropriate counter would having guard and heals and using LoS.
Dying is no option.