Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#241 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:57 am

Grimknivur wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am So ranged sh has NO aoe at all now if I understand it correctly?? Thought part of the changes was making ranged SH somewhat useful in other parts of the game besides small scale roaming.
The balance goal is not to make all specs viable on all encounters but to give classes a usable spec for a certain encounter. You don't need range aoe, when you have melee aoe. SW has no melee aoe for example but range aoe instead.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#242 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:58 am

Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:43 am
Grunbag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:39 am
Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:34 am

Stats are one thing, but without investment in the melee tree you won't have skills.

Honestly, allowing players to properly play either ranged or melee seems better than forcing them to hybrid.

You really should reconsider disallowing AoE in the ranged trees. Turning Shootin' Thru Ya into a morale is one of the least popular changes you made, tbh.
That’s not something we would reconsider anytime soon . Their aoe spec is melee tree
Why? If I may be frank, why? Giving SH (and Destro in general) more AoE RDPS "omphf" has been one of the most sought-after changes and what most players wanted out of the rSH rework/buff.

That's why the removal of AoE rubbed everyone the wrong way and, frankly, pissed a lot of players off with these changes and further cemented the notion that the dev team doesn't really know/care about Destruction's needs.
Not all players want a aoe ranged spec . See jurki or teefz proposals for exemple . Again , aoe spec is and will stay Bouncin
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

chovudal

Post#243 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Another Nerf for Engineer:

If u dont put any points into the sniper-path, you now have lost the gunturret ability armor-debuff.
So if u go on gren or tinkerer, your gun turret is worse then before.
But why is there no hint in patchnotes?

Imo engi needs a real buff atm instead of nerfing... :roll:

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#244 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 pm

chovudal wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:03 pm Another Nerf for Engineer:

If u dont put any points into the sniper-path, you now have lost the gunturret ability armor-debuff.
So if u go on gren or tinkerer, your gun turret is worse then before.
But why is there no hint in patchnotes?

Imo engi needs a real buff atm instead of nerfing... :roll:
It’s in bug tracker , take a break drink a coffee :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

chovudal

Post#245 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Ah ok its a bug. Thx for answering.

ztil

Post#246 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Charon wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:50 am You don't have even implemented mechanism "i need SM with ww to be really effective" like sw. So why do you complain. And if you really like classes with op long range roll magus.
I'm guessing you think SW needs SM with ww to be really effective because Festering Arrow has a 5s CD. Maybe you didn't know that the Squig Herder Poison Arrer specc also requires cooldown reduction to be fully effective because it has exactly the same cooldown. However unfortunately now with these latest changes the rSH version of this spec has no finisher. It already had lower base dmg on abilities than the SW equivalent and no Bull's Eye tactic increasing it's crit chance and no VON making it undefendable for 10s.

And I wouldn't call 98ft "op long range". It's just right outside of pounce range and slow abilities range. Most melee classes have slow immunities and gap closers to use to get closer.
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior

Ugle

Post#247 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 pm

ztil wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:16 pm
Charon wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:50 am You don't have even implemented mechanism "i need SM with ww to be really effective" like sw. So why do you complain. And if you really like classes with op long range roll magus.
I'm guessing you think SW needs SM with ww to be really effective because Festering Arrow has a 5s CD. Maybe you didn't know that the Squig Herder Poison Arrer specc also requires cooldown reduction to be fully effective because it has exactly the same cooldown. However unfortunately now with these latest changes the rSH version of this spec has no finisher. It already had lower base dmg on abilities than the SW equivalent and no Bull's Eye tactic increasing it's crit chance and no VON making it undefendable for 10s.

And I wouldn't call 98ft "op long range". It's just right outside of pounce range and slow abilities range. Most melee classes have slow immunities and gap closers to use to get closer.
I think he was referring to Lileaths arrow and Barrage AoE spam which requires WW to reduce their 5sec cd :)
inactive

ztil

Post#248 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:57 am
Grimknivur wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am So ranged sh has NO aoe at all now if I understand it correctly?? Thought part of the changes was making ranged SH somewhat useful in other parts of the game besides small scale roaming.
The balance goal is not to make all specs viable on all encounters but to give classes a usable spec for a certain encounter. You don't need range aoe, when you have melee aoe. SW has no melee aoe for example but range aoe instead.
Places where warbands tend to get stuck in a narrow gap, like, let's say the keep door funnel in keeps and forts, it's arguably more useful to have ranged AOE than melee AOE. Especially since the ranged AOE can stand on top 3rd floor in siege defences and just rain down aoe on the melee AOE'ers. So if you look at balance from that perspective I think it's a strange decision to force one side into melee AOE and the other into ranged AOE. But I guess it is what it is, we have no say in this.

My primary concern is with the ranged limit to 65ft.
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

Ads
ztil

Post#249 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 pm
ztil wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:16 pm

I think he was referring to Lileaths arrow and Barrage AoE spam which requires WW to reduce their 5sec cd :)
Ah yes, you're probably right. Barrage AoE spam is perhaps even a better choice for CDR
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

Snigz

Post#250 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 am
Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:27 am
XsorrowerX wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:25 am

The general direction from the changes that I'm getting is that they want you to switch in and out of squig armor to make the class more dynamic. Hence why they removed aoe from ranged, so you have to pop in and out to do any at all, same with interrupt and the shorter range for quick shootin'. They want you to stance change when needed, not stay in form. That's why they lowered the cooldown on it also.
Which probably wouldn't work because you spec into either melee or range, no?
With stat exchange in squig armor it’s possible to have an hybrid spec

Sorry but seems you were not really playing the mSH class. It is an interesting thought to constantly switch and enhance the gameplay, I like that. But this patch is far from enabling that.
I have to give a gcd to come out apply the interrupt. Most cases you will already miss the interrupt, then the 5cd on squig armor is not finished so I have to wait plus an other gcd to get back.
For what? what skill I get that is useful and worth to come out while specced to the melee tree with tactics?
Can not spec rotten even after 70+ if I would like to have my melee spells lol.
I could do choking or shrapnel and some st shooting while being way more vulnerable. And I dont have a squig because I need ABM to be viable. Get rid of that and you gut the squig aoe dmg. So again, really no sense to come out and switch in cities or other open rvr wb fights for mSH. I can see some roaming small scale hybrid build where you can utilise this switching more. But not in main aoe melee spec.
Thats why I feel this patch is not really thought through.