Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lyncher12

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#261 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:41 pm

people just want to brainafk in forts spamming ranged aoe and are very envious of sw ability to do so. not that these changes aren't bad for the 5 people that enjoyed playing single target rsh

Ads
Wdova

Post#262 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 pm

This patch did not get well. 2nd time pushed zones for fort just to realize doors are still bugged, wont open and fort countdown freeze at 0:00. Not a great weekend for RvR indeed.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Sulorie

Post#263 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 pm

ztil wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Places where warbands tend to get stuck in a narrow gap, like, let's say the keep door funnel in keeps and forts, it's arguably more useful to have ranged AOE than melee AOE. Especially since the ranged AOE can stand on top 3rd floor in siege defences and just rain down aoe on the melee AOE'ers. So if you look at balance from that perspective I think it's a strange decision to force one side into melee AOE and the other into ranged AOE. But I guess it is what it is, we have no say in this.

My primary concern is with the ranged limit to 65ft.
For this range aoe there are already magus and sorc. SH adds melee aoe and with it's cd increaser and high mobility you have abilities other destro melee dd don't have.
Dying is no option.

Onigokko0101

Post#264 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Places where warbands tend to get stuck in a narrow gap, like, let's say the keep door funnel in keeps and forts, it's arguably more useful to have ranged AOE than melee AOE. Especially since the ranged AOE can stand on top 3rd floor in siege defences and just rain down aoe on the melee AOE'ers. So if you look at balance from that perspective I think it's a strange decision to force one side into melee AOE and the other into ranged AOE. But I guess it is what it is, we have no say in this.

For this range aoe there are already magus and sorc. SH adds melee aoe and with it's cd increaser and high mobility you have abilities other destro melee dd don't have.
The problem is Destro really has ONE good and viable ranged AoE and thats Magus. Its been gone over again and again on the forums, but Sorc's long range AoE is pitiful, and most of its AoE is mid-close range.

Furthermore, why is there an issue with giving Destro another viable ranged AoE? because they have 3 melee AoE? Why not give Order a third melee AoE in that case.

Its weird to me to have such a glaring difference between realms, as its not even about class identity/balance or whatnot. Let both realms have equal footing on ranged/melee
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#265 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:47 pm

The problem is Destro really has ONE good and viable ranged AoE and thats Magus. Its been gone over again and again on the forums, but Sorc's long range AoE is pitiful, and most of its AoE is mid-close range.

Furthermore, why is there an issue with giving Destro another viable ranged AoE? because they have 3 melee AoE? Why not give Order a third melee AoE in that case.

Its weird to me to have such a glaring difference between realms, as its not even about class identity/balance or whatnot. Let both realms have equal footing on ranged/melee
And it's weird to me how the dominant realm (for years now) can still ask for more and more and even more stuff they supposedly "don't" have (translation: we have it but it's not enough yet). SH is already the class with the most utility PLUS the best melee dps on destro. What else do you want? Being the best rdps class, too?

Sundowner

Post#266 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Anyone had problems with launching the game? tried repairing and deleting cache and all addons but the game still crashes on loading screen

franzjaeger

Post#267 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:31 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:03 pm And it's weird to me how the dominant realm (for years now) can still ask for more and more and even more stuff they supposedly "don't" have (translation: we have it but it's not enough yet). SH is already the class with the most utility PLUS the best melee dps on destro. What else do you want? Being the best rdps class, too?

Well range utility spec is dead now thanks to swdw nerf, so what we're left with is a supposed "ranged class" which only viable spec is melee. And this was a class that already was undesirable in wbs when range specced. SHs are now the worst single-target ranged class in destro with zero ranged AoE capabilities and very few long-range utility abilities.

NSKaneda

Post#268 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Spoiler:

Magus and Engie have range extender tactic for their aoe so they are not locked in 65ft range. They do have 65ft in close quarters tree.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Onigokko0101

Post#269 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:38 pm

blondgelockt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:03 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:47 pm

And it's weird to me how the dominant realm (for years now) can still ask for more and more and even more stuff they supposedly "don't" have (translation: we have it but it's not enough yet). SH is already the class with the most utility PLUS the best melee dps on destro. What else do you want? Being the best rdps class, too?
Ah yes, the dominant realm that loses 75% of Forts and is losing cities more then its winning. That dominant realm?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

diedrake

Post#270 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:47 pm

destro wanted a revamp of the ranged SH, they received it. But sadly, the revamp, isnt what destro wanted. They wanted the SH to have 2 aoe viable specs. Some of the changes i disagree on, but hey, not everyone can be happy. It seems desto was hoping for a revamp to turn the win/loss ratio at forts, but the revamp just made the rsh somewhat into another small grp gank member.

The revamp, I am sure, will be adjusted so calm down peeps.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x