Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sponn
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#301 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:52 pm
marafado wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 pm ohhhhh....many years of "best patch ever" can give wrong ideias to young /aprentice devs trying to get portfolio
No idea what forums you've been hanging out on, but nothing about balance is remotely peaceful. Everyone wants their own personalized ideal changes, always buff, never nerf, and a hex on your home if you change their special thing.

If anything it's preparing for a fight any time a change is made because someone is inevitably going to hate it before they even log in to the game and skip right to logging into the forums to make sure we know how stupid/wrong they think we are.

But that's just part of the job I guess.
<3

Ads
Jurki

Post#302 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:50 pm

marafado wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 pm ohhhhh....many years of "best patch ever" can give wrong ideias to young /aprentice devs trying to get portfolio
No idea what forums you've been hanging out on, but nothing about balance is remotely peaceful. Everyone wants their own personalized ideal changes, always buff, never nerf, and a hex on your home if you change their special thing.

If anything it's preparing for a fight any time a change is made because someone is inevitably going to hate it before they even log in to the game and skip right to logging into the forums to make sure we know how stupid/wrong they think we are.

And the job might be too, to not focus on troll, hateful and insulting comments but more on the constructive side which you have enough in this forum, to be honest. There are still enough people who can explain themself in a civilized manner when it comes to game related discussions.

marafado
Suspended

Post#303 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:20 pm

in an constructive civilized manner ill like to say this game was developed by adult professional workers :) with all the respect for the current staff. Why amateurs think they are better than pros ;p

ps: guess its same **** like premade vs pug ;p
Last edited by marafado on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lyncher12

Post#304 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Teefz

Post#305 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Sorry to burst the little power hungry bubble that you've manage to create around yourself over the years, but this is not your job. This is a hobby. Which is most likely the sole reason, why you still are in a seat of power when in comes to balance discussions, despite of you not playing all aspects of the game on a consistent basis - if any at all?

If this was your job, the amount of negative feedback you have accumulated over many of your questionable 'balance changes' and the lack of in-game knowledge would have had implications on your 'job'. But hey, at least you can always just ban people, so there is no constructive feedback, until everyone falls in line or you run out of players.

Making class defining changes with the mentality that you are preparing for a fight, instead of keeping an open mind and have a fruitful discussions that would allow players multiple choices and different play styles for people to dive into is simply mind boggling - it is actually kinda sad for the project and the future of it, as this is ultimately the most important factor for a mmorpg to thrive and keeping a healthy playerbase.

Currently you spend more time trolling your community with snarky comments and don't even listen to the testers/veterans of the community - the only reason they are around is mostly to check on functionality of your changes, you have already made that very clear.

Gurf

Post#306 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Teefz wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Sorry to burst the little power hungry bubble that you've manage to create around yourself over the years, but this is not your job. This is a hobby. Which is most likely the sole reason, why you still are in a seat of power when in comes to balance discussions, despite of you not playing all aspects of the game on a consistent basis - if any at all?

If this was your job, the amount of negative feedback you have accumulated over many of your questionable 'balance changes' and the lack of in-game knowledge would have had implications on your 'job'. But hey, at least you can always just ban people, so there is no constructive feedback, until everyone falls in line or you run out of players.

Making class defining changes with the mentality that you are preparing for a fight, instead of keeping an open mind and have a fruitful discussions that would allow players multiple choices and different play styles for people to dive into is simply mind boggling - it is actually kinda sad for the project and the future of it, as this is ultimately the most important factor for a mmorpg to thrive and keeping a healthy playerbase.

Currently you spend more time trolling your community with snarky comments and don't even listen to the testers/veterans of the community - the only reason they are around is mostly to check on functionality of your changes, you have already made that very clear.
You think he's personally responsible for the changes? I am pretty sure it is a team effort from a bunch of people all putting their input in.

As far as i'm concerned (apart from Shammies survivability) this game is far more balanced than live ever was, considering its done as a hobby that is pretty good.

Jurki

Post#307 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Gurf wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:38 pm

You think he's personally responsible for the changes? I am pretty sure it is a team effort from a bunch of people all putting their input in.

As far as i'm concerned (apart from Shammies survivability) this game is far more balanced than live ever was, considering its done as a hobby that is pretty good.
You might underestimate the impact of few, especially when they have important roles in maintaining something like a server, on how they contribute in creating more conflicts and a more and more toxic community. What Teefz said summarizes the development of this project over quite a time now. It should be heard.

knick

Post#308 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Funny that it is now a problem. Never read something from you on last patches but now while "your" main class gets a rework the admins are evil.
I have read some of the suggestion made by some so called SH "veterans" and it displayed perfekt the problem between own wishes and game reality.
Nobody like it when the own class gets a nerf. But when player decide there own class we would have a endless upward spiral of buffs. Always a bit more...
Admins are in a uncomfortable position. I don't know one of the balancing team. In a perfect world it consist of 12 people all maining one of the classes.
And about wargrimnir. As far as I can see he does a good job. You bring her some accusations which on weight heavy. Unfortunately without deeper explanation. And I can say this all about the balancing team even as a WL main player seen how many nerfs to my own class? 5? 6?
Grow up.
Last edited by knick on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#309 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Spoiler:

I'll go ahead and reply from my perspective, since I believe whatever Wargrimnir will reply with, you will remain unpleased and with personal issues with him, even though this shouldn't be personal at all.

There is a balance team, which includes around 7 staff members, from different departments. A proposal based on multiple threads, opinions and thoughts gets prepared, then the balance team discusses it for weeks. In fact, since the rSH patch, the related balance channel was extremely active, every hour, for days. Does the whole proposal need to adhere to your own vision of rSH? No. But your feedback, and other players' feedback help in shaping changes in the near future - as you know this won't be the final patch related to rSH abilities getting adjusted.

Wargrimnir is part of the balance team and multiple other teams. Does his opinion/feedback always get implemented? No, just like any other staff member. There are multiple thoughts and opinions, just like any other team and community in the world. Some opinions will be implemented while others won't - and we don't get upset from one another for that. We understand that a final decision will have to be taken. We understand that changes can be tested.
I'll go further and let you know that Wargrimnir was completely against shards dropping from players, yet they were implemented. He had another idea for SoR, yet it wasn't added. He had another thought of Chosen, yet it wasn't implemented, another one was. He was in favor of more rewards for Twitch Drops and in favor of a more attractive, reshaped and more rewarding Ranked system.

There are more than 20 channels Wargrimnir is part of, if you think he's to be blamed for everything you dislike then I have bad news for you, you were misleading yourself for some time. There are several teams within the larger RoR team, they surely could involve the same staff members, if there's a relation to their own field/expertise.

You're a veteran player, and I assume you're mature enough to understand that this is a game developed and maintained by people on their free time, even if it took away their weekends.
You don't know us personally, you don't know Wargrimnir, Max, Dalen, Secrets and other staff members on a personal level. You don't know what they work in real life and for how many hours. But you still chose to openly attempt to bash someone on a personal level.

You don't know what each staff member works on here, and where/how much do they help. You just know what you read on the forums, and you'll never read "Hi, I'm X from the staff and I did A, B and C for you guys."

I would discuss the way you turned toxic and while being in testers channel, you asked devs to test things by themselves, while they trusted you to be mature and professional. But I guess you were just filled with anger. It happens.

To finalize, I would like to ask you to not drag this thread into a discussion that shouldn't have even happened here. Please feel free to contact anyone from the team on the forums or on Discord.

Again, I ask everyone posting after this post to please stick to the thread's original topic. The team is always available on Discord to discuss other critical matters, we will also have Q&As where we'd love to answer questions that you think are critical, over voice chat, in front of hundreds of people.

Xergon

Post#310 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Imo, whats we missing here as usual in patch notes, explanation for making changes and why they are made in that way no other. This would give arguments to understand and process and would avoid making it personal. It would put more of base discussion ground to talk through... but i guess its not important so community needs to deal with it the way it is being presented... so we have reactions like this no other...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube