Post#221 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:34 am

Found the issue with Tastes like chicken . It will be fixed for next patch
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
MedV

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#222 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:47 am

I think we need to test out the SH changes before anyone really decides if it was a nerf or buff. That said, after a short test of QS (the main path I played) and having to stay at 65' I will be laying down my SH and moving on.

Maybe this was a buff, but it goes against the play style I originally picked up the class for... a mobile long range kiter.

The squig has become a stationary dps... If I really wanted to play that I would go on my magus.
The King.

Jabba

Post#223 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 am

Easy way to test whether it's a nerf/buff. Put old range increase back in as a core tactic that stops you being able to use ranged interrupt and behind ya, and then see how many people take one of the new damage tactics instead of it.

Hint: no-one will.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Orgruk

Post#224 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 am Open World Campaign

- As a test, exact population numbers are disabled in State of Realm. Only AAO and other warfront status will be shown.
Fanks Gork fer dat !!!
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Orontes

Post#225 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:23 am

mSH patch feedback:

-Squig Frenzy: 25% more damage is too low for the pet. It isn't a significant increase, only adding in around 10% more total damage. I suggest following all the class recommendations pre-patch and go with 50%.

-Horned Squig summon: previously this pet could be summoned while moving (spike and gas could not, which makes sense given they were range focused). Allowing the horned squig to be summoned while moving speaks directly to how the class plays. If the mSH has to stop to summon while fighting, the whole dynamic is impacted. It speaks against bringing a pet in the first place.

-Sneaky Git tactic: This replaced Sneaky Stabbin. Previously, Sneaky Stabbin gave an armor bonus. This averaged 1000 to 1200 armor increase (separate and above the armor increase from the horned squig) that lasted for 15 seconds on a 10 second cooldown. Therefore, it was intended to always be up when in a fight. This was not dependent on a pet. The new Sneaky Git states it increases defensive stats by 10%, but there is no armor increase. The previous armor increase needs to be added in to the tactic.

-Da Smell Don't Bother Me tactic: this was not touched. It remains at 120 hit points every 5 seconds. This is not viable on any level. The heal amount needs to be increased and the tick decreased: perhaps to 4 seconds.

Squig Armor: the cooldowon was reduced earlier to 5 seconds. Given the larger changes with this patch, perhaps reduce the squig summon cooldown to 15 seconds.

NSKaneda

Post#226 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:28 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:34 am Found the issue with Tastes like chicken . It will be fixed for next patch
Manticore inc? ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Wiede

Post#227 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:32 am

- Lowered volume on the summon mount horn sounds.

Döööööt :cry:

Snigz

Post#228 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 am

Kabuco wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 pm You ever looked at the description of Quick Shootin?
It says something about short range. Since when is nearly 100ft short range?
Oh Jeez, an other order dev trolling or what?
SW got a huge aoe dmg buff with that reduced ranged. Everyone thought that rSH will get some aoe potential with this rework. No one would come and moan about the QS 65 range if it was an aoe/utility tree.

Ads
Jabba

Post#229 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 am

Snigz wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:39 am
Kabuco wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 pm You ever looked at the description of Quick Shootin?
It says something about short range. Since when is nearly 100ft short range?
Oh Jeez, an other order dev trolling or what?
SW got a huge aoe dmg buff with that reduced ranged. Everyone thought that rSH will get some aoe potential with this rework. No one would come and moan about the QS 65 range if it was an aoe/utility tree.
No, not everyone thought rSH would get the same crappy changes SW got so they could have some aoe. MSH exists.

People were just naively hoping that the Devs wouldn't ruin the rSH's only viable build and maybe give them some qol changes, while making big shootin a viable alternate option.

Lots of people would still come and complain if rSH quick shootin was made an aoe tree. If you want to play a ranged aoe class, you shouldn't have chosen SH. Sh was in a very good spot, you had a viable aoe option for warbands/zerging, and you had a viable ranged spec suited to small scale/roaming. Now it doesn't.

Also, going back to the first quote from kabuco.

100 ft is short range in this game, ever since engis/Magus were given the ability to attack from 150+.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Snigz

Post#230 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:13 am

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pmYes if you were expecting a long range aoe mobile spec that’s not what we wanted .
Instead we now have another attempt at a "mid-range" ranged spec which historically don't work because 65ft range is an awkward range: too short to participate in sieges (attacking or defending), too short to kite anything with a speed buff in its pocket, puts you in Pounce/Squig Leap range which is pretty much instant death, etc. A kite spec that doesn't have the range to kite. There's a reason why the "65ft" specs come with range buffs...
We can definitely think about reducing squig leap and pounce range if it’s the main issue you encounter :)
Hi Grunbag,

I would like to touch the smaller mSH changes this patch brought, there were not many comments about it.

You got rid of 2 abilities. In cities and roaming wb comp ppl have to use ABM for the aoe dmg output.
Even before with territorial this form had only a few abilities to use and it is really sad to see it dumbed down further.
I did not have an issue to use an ability (means you have to get to someone, include it in the rotation and hit), and check if it is up instead of have it granted.
I dont like the easy mode dumbed down play and just spamming aoe mindlessly in a blob.

And I am more upset on removing the melee interrupt. Let me describe it because I dont know how much were you playing in this spec.
It was kinda a mini game for me when I was jumping on the backline to annoy healers with this ability. It had a long cd so you could not pop every moment, you had to be close and pick one healer (or a bw channeling), watch and know from the animation if they are building up something. So it needed attention and some skill to use it effectively, and for example after an Indigestion a well placed interrupt could mean something. But you had to work for it and not just blindly smashing buttons.
I like that for indigestion too, it is a really strong skill but you have to aim it, after a jump you have to consider how many healers you can apply it and do the positioning. So you need attention to use it to its full potential. I would be really angry if you would buff it to a simple aoe around the squig.

It would be good to get that interrupt back on the mSH(now you have a ranged interrupt with half cd btw) and revert or replace sneaky strike with something. I dont want imba easy mode dmg, just something that is worth to put in the rotation, something with utility, a debuff (dont have to be strong and with big dmg but something that at least worth to include in the rotation) and if it comes with some timing/positioning requirement the better.

I hope Wargrimnir agrees as well that abilities increasing the skill ceiling are more welcome in the future changes too.

PS.: I can absolutely get over on a leap/pounce reduce to 50ft but add some minor dmg like a 100 for dismount. And pls give back some mSH abilities first because the spec is stripped right now.