Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jabba

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#331 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:22 pm

The only spec is mSH, because Big shootin isn't even a spec, it's just plink spam with a 2 sec cast hitting for peanuts.

Quick shootin is now the only range spec that can't really do anything unless the melee are already fighting. So you might as well just play melee.

AoE mSH also just feels bad imo, you have like 4 buttons to press now, if you don't have cd reduction in your party as soon as you get hit by shatter limbs you're sitting there playing with your **** waiting for 1 of your abilities to become available. It's not that it's weak, it just feels so bad to play now.

Single target mSH seems to be in a good spot, really good burst against squishy chars, maybe a bit too much, not really sure as I hate the spec so haven't really played it myself.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Tosher85

Post#332 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:08 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:41 pm
scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:24 pm Can the HTL change be reverted please? It is necessary for dodge and disrupt to be 360 degrees.
360 degrees HTL is not logical.
Check the picture. Seems to be very logical.

Jastojan

Post#333 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Tosher85 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:08 pm
scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:24 pm Can the HTL change be reverted please? It is necessary for dodge and disrupt to be 360 degrees.
Check the picture. Seems to be very logical.

Are you serious? Where is the logic about 360 degrees HTL in the picture. Poor Wlop...

Teinhala

Post#334 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:46 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:41 pm 360 degrees HTL is not logical.
Using magic also very logical too xD

TreefAM

Post#335 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:55 pm

When you die you need to get your char deleted too, resurrections makes no sense.

yates

Post#336 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 pm

If we are going to be logical then the size of the tank and shield need to be accounted for along with the height differences between those attacking and those defending. HTL shouldn't provide any defense against guys shooting from walls, it would go right over the "shield".

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#337 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:11 pm

I love when you try to give a reason that has anything to do with logic and the retorts are so ridiculously bad it kind of makes you wonder what you could get away with if you just put up a middle finger and called it magic instead. Would that be easier to accept? What a curious argument to make. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

NSKaneda

Post#338 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but HTL was always cone shape behind tank that provided (visual) htl buff and I thought the visual effect = functionality? To get 360 effect tank had to rotate in place to cover allies around him. When was HTL 360 degrees?

/360 is full circle. Just stating the obvious.

yates wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 pm If we are going to be logical then the size of the tank and shield need to be accounted for along with the height differences between those attacking and those defending. HTL shouldn't provide any defense against guys shooting from walls, it would go right over the "shield".

This is not rocket science, if projectile hits from above, rise shield:

RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#339 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm

retekelek wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:04 pm Hoping this change will have more negative, than positive outcome and gets reverted.
The majority of feedback is positive for now, and I'm not talking about forum posts only - because the very minority uses the forums - even though the feedback on the forums is mostly positive. I'm talking about player behavior in-game and you can see that shift into the right direction. Warband leaders, guilds and smaller groups are able to do a lot more.

However, back to you; Why don't you join guilds/warbands? Or ask in /t4 chat for enemy locations and allied warbands? Why don't you check the world map, where fights are shown? There are plenty of ways to get information on where's the action. Without SoR, you just need to be a bit proactive.
if you want to nerf the effect of HTL on friendlies that is fine, but in a situation where a tank needs to kite he already has very little disengage potential and channeling hold the line as he runs or even flee -> ap pot -> HTL is a key component of his survivability. If you want something logical imagine slinging the shield on your back to block an arrow like achilles did in the movie troy.

Detangler

Post#340 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:16 am

Anyone that tries to apply "logic" to a game with fireballs, demon pets, and giant teeth-filled testicle monsters already lost the argument.

Its a game. Don't use "logic" to justify a sudden change in game mechanics. You just sound stupid. Same goes to those that argue against it with more "logic."

Can't wait to read whatever the balance dartboard brings us this week!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable