Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#111 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm As someone who mained ranged SH for a while I would like to say: REEEEEEEEE!

You seriously need people who know how the classes / builds work when you try to rebalance a class.

This really feels like as if you went in for surgery to fix your knee and the doctor amputated your leg instead...
Feel free to write balance proposal to fix the Game :)
Was any of the balance proposals for the RSH taken into consideration or implemented, if so, which ones?
Geniunely curious.
We read all proposals take some stuff in there but excluded the one that 100% mirrored RSW cause that’s not what we wanted. Thoughts some ppl here crying we changed SWDW but asked in their proposed to change the effect to 25% armor pen ..
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#112 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm
Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm As someone who mained ranged SH for a while I would like to say: REEEEEEEEE!

You seriously need people who know how the classes / builds work when you try to rebalance a class.

This really feels like as if you went in for surgery to fix your knee and the doctor amputated your leg instead...
Please show me ANY "balance proposals" from the players that asked for a reduction in range for the SH. The tactic to increased your range on "quick shootin" wasnt even optional, it was the one tactic that made that build playable.
This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#113 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:12 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:07 pm

Was any of the balance proposals for the RSH taken into consideration or implemented, if so, which ones?
Geniunely curious.
We read all proposals take some stuff in there but excluded the one that 100% mirrored RSW cause that’s not what we wanted. Thoughts some ppl here crying we changed SWDW but asked in their proposed to change the effect to 25% armor pen ..
Fair enough!

Nishka
Suspended

Post#114 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:12 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:04 pm
Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Nerfedbutton 111111111111 player detected. Seriously man, there is no argument anyone can make to sustain that addon.
Nerfed buttons does do some good things. You think nerfed buttons as playing the game for you. It is also used to save buttons for classes which have more than one skill. For example, Once you hit 1, another move will come in that moves place to save buttons. Like, using the same button for all your healing pots. That means you don't have to bind 3 different keys. People who put all their moves on one nerfed button are limited on move selection.
Imagine playing a game where u'll actually need 30+ keybinds... And here we are with most classes not having more than a 5-8 rotation IF EVEN. U got issues with 3 pots? Really man?
Oh well...
If you think about it, playing with monitor isn't hardkoare enough as well. Sound is enough for real pro gamers
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

gebajger

Post#115 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:59 pm
Nishka wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Then they should remove the keyboard support, because it's basically cheating. Real pro gamers click the skills with a mouse.
Nerfedbutton 111111111111 player detected. Seriously man, there is no argument anyone can make to sustain that addon.
Nerfed buttons does do some good things. You think nerfed buttons as playing the game for you. It is also used to save buttons for classes which have more than one skill. For example, Once you hit 1, another move will come in that moves place to save buttons. Like, using the same button for all your healing pots. That means you don't have to bind 3 different keys. People who put all their moves on one nerfed button are limited on move selection.
Its not about how YOU use it.
NB has the capacity of a semi-bot, and many ppl use it as such.
Some years ago the devs said something about cilent control being a requirement to disable NB.
The client control is there, so maybe their stance on the subject changed...
Rioz

farng84

Post#116 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm
Klozje wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Please show me ANY "balance proposals" from the players that asked for a reduction in range for the SH. The tactic to increased your range on "quick shootin" wasnt even optional, it was the one tactic that made that build playable.
This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Not sure I see the proposal of reducing the range of quick shootin'.
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

-Tactic Shootin Wif' da wind: Path of Quick Shootin' abilities penetrate 25% armor.
-Run 'n Shoot base range increased to 100'
-Yer bleedin' Now stacks up to 3 times and base range increased to 100'
-Tactic Split Arrows: Run 'n Shoot and Yer Bleedin' now hit all enemies within 20' of your initial target, but their range is reduced to 65'.
-Run Away move to core abilities.
-Move Explodin' Arrer to 5pt Path of Quick Shootin'
-Add new ability "Barrage" (same as Shadow Warrior) to 13pt Quick Shootin'.

The only suggestion about reducing range was on a tactic witch would reduce from 100 to 65 ft as trade off to make the two skills aoe.
A little different

retekelek

Post#117 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Spoiler:
Nishka wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Imagine playing a game where u'll actually need 30+ keybinds... And here we are with most classes not having more than a 5-8 rotation IF EVEN. U got issues with 3 pots? Really man?
Oh well...
If you think about it, playing with monitor isn't hardkoare enough as well. Sound is enough for real pro gamers
Sounds? Aamateur... I use only my noose to smell out filty order.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#118 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:25 pm

Oh well...
I can link you to some arena videos where I kill ppl with my monitor off in Aion if it pleases you, but it's irrelevant to nerfed buttons and how it allows bad players to be better. Just put the time in and get better, you'll thank yourself in the long run.
Last edited by Hardkoar on Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Grimir

Post#119 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Sagovindar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:46 pm R.I.P rSH shooting with the wind was an absolute must have, no point playing any ranged build as a SH now
Yep, totally agree. With this nerf of range, QS rSH is unplayable, espacially during siege. This rework is, imho, a total mess.
I have never asked for a buff of this class, as i was happy with my rSH, his mobility and his range. I know that some rSH players wanted more AoE utilities, but never asked for such a deep rework.

As i said, i was playing rSH for his mobility. And with this range nerf, no point to play it anymore, except if you want to go Big Shootin. But well, if you want to play a static pole that deal damages, you should roll a BW, not a rSH...

Nishka
Suspended

Post#120 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:25 pm

Oh well...
I can link you to arena videos where I kill ppl with my monitor off in Aion if it pleases you, but it's irrelevant to nerfed buttons.
Due to nature of this game I rant often but never I blamed NB for losing. I guess it's because I generally don't believe in conspiracy theories.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld