Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jastojan

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#131 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:10 am

billyk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:03 am
JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:32 am Just gonna continue to ignore the 6 months of order buffs and destro nerfs? Oh okay.
Which ones, taking dmg away from WL pounce? Nerfing KotbS even further?
There were no Order buffs in the last 6 months.
JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:32 am Again play NA prime time. Order still horribly outnumbers destro.
Play EU and Destro outnumbers Order. TBH Destro is so OP that you're simply a bad player if you can't win against Order. Git gud.
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 am So instead of asking for a buff to order you call for a nerf to destro. Great logic.
Still hoping for an Order buff? lol
This reply (especially) shows how biased you are. Sad to see this kind of posts. There is nothing more to add.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#132 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:15 am

billyk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:03 am Which ones, taking dmg away from WL pounce? Nerfing KotbS even further?
There were no Order buffs in the last 6 months.

Taking pounce dmg away from WL and mSH. Nerfing KOTBS and Chosen.
At least try to get out of your bias bubble.

billyk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:03 am
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 am So instead of asking for a buff to order you call for a nerf to destro. Great logic.
Still hoping for an Order buff? lol

Yes, actually. I'd like SWs to get some of new rSH mobility (then again their range in skirmish is better but they deserve some love... At the cost of reducing range from 100 to 80ft), WP and DoK could use their dps healing looked at (reverting Aza's changes would be a dream come true), minor tweaks to IB (and mirror to BG) to make them more noob friendly...
I play 19 classes mostly because that's how I learn tricks to deal with enemies. Some class is killing me repeatedly and seems lol-OP? Roll it, play it, see what it's vulnerable to. And I guarantee there are no classes without soft spots.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Snowhawk

Post#133 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 am

Spoiler:
Please make a roll back to the old SH. the new reworkign is just tragic for big shootin!
- Casttime for Exolodin Arrer? No instant AOE like other classes? Go Siege... 2 Sec cast for a tiny little AOE... than death by SW's, E's, and BW^s INSTANTS... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Great!
- DMG for Poison Arrer under 25% HP? Who got this stupid idea? Its use 3sec casttime!!!!!!!! lets kill us self in scenrio. Or bringt the Arrer in Sieges... 3 Sec dots from Order on me and than finishing my self with my own dot? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Really not funny! :evil:

Why devs got afraid, that a SH can use a good +100ft range like the Orderclasses?
Who got this really nonsens ideas in the team? Realy... WHY? Lets nerf the weakest path more? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please consider writing proper, respectful feedback, if you have any in mind.
Last edited by GamesBond on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#134 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am

Been dicking around for a couple hours looking at tooltips and builds on my SH.
Not even gonna attempt to be involved in the ranged ability/tactic shoveling as i simply dont have the knowledge of rsh atm.

But for a ranged kite class, i think the debate about how a ranged or a kite-class should behave on RoR
giving kite classes a ranged knockdown is fine by me, they kinda need it as a way of creating distance when they get gabclosed on.
Same for having a speed mobility to distance themselves further, and these tools not breaking on useage makes sence so you can keep the enemy at distance while unloading some damage.

So far i am following the idea. Looking at the bigger picture Destro as a realm needed some ranged love (if this turns out to actually work and be playable after nerfs/buffs/adjustments)
thematically if sh is this cooldown career with some burst, based around core cooldowns, and it seems the dev idea is basing the burst around the pet, then it on paper seems like a class than can become a high skillceiling ranged dps (just like Jerky and Teefz made it pre-overhaul) making the good experienced SHs stick out and the rest having to put in work to become better.

There is a bit of risk giving these many tools to one kite class, and then leaving the glasscanon singletarget sorc with no mobility tools at all (baseline aoe root, disarm, FM m2) but the sticking power of the mobile classes might just be too much if the kite-classes are getting tools to deal with pounces, charges, snarebreakers. Yes Sorc is probably the middle ground of destro ranged dps, between the immobile situational Magus burst, and the mobile rsh, the sorc lands in a category of "walk around untill you can stop and unload"

Im not saying this is wrong, but if the issues with rsh kiteability is based around pounces, maybe that joke about reducing pounces would not be too bad of an attempt (here comes the kittycat army in 3-2-1)

tl:dr immobile other ranged dps classes might be pushed further back if SH suddenly can kite with several kite tools, but pounces are still an issue for the other rangeddps classes no matter how much stuff SH is handed.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

zulnam

Post#135 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:01 pm

The new changes look promising. Will try them out sometime over the weekend. and give a detailed review here.

But da real MVP.
The cost for renown respeccing has been removed.
Vanquisher & Oppressor boots and gloves are now bind on equip, just like the sets below it.
Noice!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Jurki

Post#136 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am Been dicking around for a couple hours looking at tooltips and builds on my SH.
Not even gonna attempt to be involved in the ranged ability/tactic shoveling as i simply dont have the knowledge of rsh atm.

But for a ranged kite class, i think the debate about how a ranged or a kite-class should behave on RoR
giving kite classes a ranged knockdown is fine by me, they kinda need it as a way of creating distance when they get gabclosed on.
Same for having a speed mobility to distance themselves further, and these tools not breaking on useage makes sence so you can keep the enemy at distance while unloading some damage.

So far i am following the idea. Looking at the bigger picture Destro as a realm needed some ranged love (if this turns out to actually work and be playable after nerfs/buffs/adjustments)
thematically if sh is this cooldown career with some burst, based around core cooldowns, and it seems the dev idea is basing the burst around the pet, then it on paper seems like a class than can become a high skillceiling ranged dps (just like Jerky and Teefz made it pre-overhaul) making the good experienced SHs stick out and the rest having to put in work to become better.

There is a bit of risk giving these many tools to one kite class, and then leaving the glasscanon singletarget sorc with no mobility tools at all (baseline aoe root, disarm, FM m2) but the sticking power of the mobile classes might just be too much if the kite-classes are getting tools to deal with pounces, charges, snarebreakers. Yes Sorc is probably the middle ground of destro ranged dps, between the immobile situational Magus burst, and the mobile rsh, the sorc lands in a category of "walk around untill you can stop and unload"

Im not saying this is wrong, but if the issues with rsh kiteability is based around pounces, maybe that joke about reducing pounces would not be too bad of an attempt (here comes the kittycat army in 3-2-1)

tl:dr immobile other ranged dps classes might be pushed further back if SH suddenly can kite with several kite tools, but pounces are still an issue for the other rangeddps classes no matter how much stuff SH is handed.
The topic around range isnt just about pounce. Its about being permanently in close-medium range to actually use your abilities while youre extremely vulnerable defence wise, means no mobility possible. Enemy classes have a bunch of tools to close the gap and in a game which is based around group/warband play youre melting away in secs without the opportunity to get out of there. As it is right now, the opportunity to get on 80ft (gas squig) without being forced to use old and not up to date equip is a good start.
We have to test and observe how it plays out to mainly use the gas squig. But in the long run i think it will be outlined that core 65ft is just too close considering that you wont be able to use your spiked squig, which gives you 5% crit and the ability to use autoattacks while moving. Atm we have still the issue that there is only one, maybe two builds to play a viable rSH, which was one of the reasons to actually change the SH.

Snowhawk

Post#137 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Please make a roll back to the old SH. the new reworkign for big shootin are horrible:
- Casttime for Exolodin Arrer?
- DMG for Poison Arrer under 25% HP? backloaded damage?

Simple Question: Why?

wachlarz

Post#138 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:45 pm

teiloh wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:22 am
wachlarz wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 am but but fokusing wl pet its Easy when main threat is Wl 😂
Uh, it's easy to kill a WL pet in a zerg but I don't see why you'd bother. It doesn't do much unlike a Squig pet that can debuff your damage.
if problem is zerg i suggest dont zerg. In zerg fight Yours prob is rshy pet ? not a 250 + enemy players ? 🤔

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#139 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Snowhawk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 pm Please make a roll back to the old SH. the new reworkign for big shootin are horrible:
- Casttime for Exolodin Arrer?
- DMG for Poison Arrer under 25% HP? backloaded damage?

Simple Question: Why?
Explodin’ arrer is not only a aoe DoT it also aoe KB , not sure if you spam it like a dot your realm mates will appreciate the free immunity you’ll give.

About the tactic that give damage under 25% : you might haven’t log in game to read tooltip properly . Don’t read only patch notes . Poison arrer still do the same thing. But When you slot
Extra toxic coating , in addition of the old effect (ignore resistance) , poison arrer will ALSO add a debuff for 10 seconds , and if target goes below 25% health while having this debuff it will instantly cleanse itself and deal damage to the target.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Orgruk

Post#140 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm
Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign

- State of Realm has been switched to give an estimate of number of players in the RvR lake instead of exact number or no number. Instead it will say the following labels depending on amount of players:
• Scouts
• Parties
• Warbands
• Vanguard
• Battlehost
• Warhost
Disappointing, you made a great change by removing every kind of numbers in the previous patch, just had to remove the AAO indicator and it would have been perfect ... but then just revert it back to an x-realmer helping tool. :(
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance