Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sKrissy

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#61 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:07 pm

When will the servers be up again?? W8 starting to feel like dying.

Ads
Koha

Post#62 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:19 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Why does a range class get an ability better than charge for free? I will patiently wait for a reasonable answer that makes sense. =D
As logical answers are not allowed to be used as serious responses, the obvious answer is the magical powers of Gork and Mork.
Can we upgrade Order and Destro melee Charge to be unbreakable now to be equal to SH? Basically SH free ability is called, "Charge 3080 FTW3 Ultra".
1. WE have a tactic for +25% speed 10 sec unbreakable on fleet-footed (most ppl don't use it, even before Elixir of Shadows)

2. Concerning SH Run Away, don't forget that it includes a ''Challenge'' for free as well (-30% dmg). Most ppl forget to play it that way, except well known hardcore SH.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#63 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Squiggy stuff aside, removing the gold cost on Renown respec and BoE Vanquisher Boots/Gloves are two of the greatest overall changes I've seen in a good while.

Devs deserve kudos for these.

Sulorie

Post#64 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Run Away! is the strongest tactic in the game right now IMO.

The run speed should turn off on ability use, like every other run speed increaser in the game (save for flee).
You mean your 40% snares or rkd can't stop their 30% speed proc? Are you talking 1vs1 again?
Dying is no option.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#65 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm

The run speed should turn off on ability use, like every other run speed increaser in the game (save for flee).
You mean your 40% snares or rkd can't stop their 30% speed proc? Are you talking 1vs1 again?
Right, cause shammy puddle and exploding knockback don't exist?

Just saying it is an obvious outlier in terms of being over performing, it literally breaks the rules of speed increasers built upon by the game. Relying on a passive to save you which is up pretty much 100% of the time is kind of broken. Everyone knows Run Away is OP.

Willing to bet every AM would give their left..... something for Run Away! Tactic like Shammy.

I can play this game too? Rampage is OP? That is BS just knockback, knockdown, disarm, snare the Slayer. Describing pie in the sky situations and made up environments of how it plays out in YOUR head doesn't change the facts.
Last edited by Sponn on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nanakaros

Post#66 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 pm

knick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm
Run away is to simply and have no drawback. it cost no AP and you dont need to think about it. there is a good reason why you see SH and shamys everywhere roaming but no AM and only a few SW. a tactic so powerful should be reworked. i mean most tactics like absorb have a trigger time but why not run away? A internal cooldown like 3-5 sec is not unreasonable...

Flashfire joined the chat

knick

Post#67 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm The team hasn't gotten it right but they're going in the right direction with these changes by moving Run Away! to a core ability. The game is balanced around group play, not one-on-one vacuums. Ranged Squig Herders got a massive rework BUT that made the class feel clunky and unnatural to veteran QS Squig Herder players who suddenly found themselves in the fray with melee.

That said, every mDPS has a form of speed boost, some even multiple, and your snare/root break/immunity should not be used recklessly considering the cooldown on it.

And last I checked WLs are still a popular class and have ranged root, charge, pull, and of course the iconic Pounce. If anything, the change to Run Away! has made me feel like White Lion's should lose charge... unless dual wielding...

edit: On live we all slotted Odjira in our boots and specced into Quick Escape because of how good speed increases are both offensive and defensively. RA! should have a condition on it, something like requires an active Gas or Spiked Squig instead of just an active pet.
range root can be blocked, pull dosent work on a enemy who is running strait away from pet because stand still while attack and if you pounce you landing out of attack range if the enemy is moving. You should try it by yourself befor give such statements.

Run away is to simply and have no drawback. it cost no AP and you dont need to think about it. there is a good reason why you see SH and shamys everywhere roaming but no AM and only a few SW. a tactic so powerful should be reworked. i mean most tactics like absorb have a trigger time but why not run away? A internal cooldown like 3-5 sec is not unreasonable...
Actually, I see just as many (if not more) AMs roaming than I see friendly Shamans.

See that's the problem with personal anecdotes as evidence. ;)
where did i say my statement bases on statistic and so on. of course its my personal opinion. you should stop trying to push opinions you dont like in a corner. better give a constrctive statement otherwise you dont do more then incite a flame war in this discussion.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

BelligerentBob

Post#68 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm The team hasn't gotten it right but they're going in the right direction with these changes by moving Run Away! to a core ability. The game is balanced around group play, not one-on-one vacuums. Ranged Squig Herders got a massive rework BUT that made the class feel clunky and unnatural to veteran QS Squig Herder players who suddenly found themselves in the fray with melee.

That said, every mDPS has a form of speed boost, some even multiple, and your snare/root break/immunity should not be used recklessly considering the cooldown on it.

And last I checked WLs are still a popular class and have ranged root, charge, pull, and of course the iconic Pounce. If anything, the change to Run Away! has made me feel like White Lion's should lose charge... unless dual wielding...

edit: On live we all slotted Odjira in our boots and specced into Quick Escape because of how good speed increases are both offensive and defensively. RA! should have a condition on it, something like requires an active Gas or Spiked Squig instead of just an active pet.
range root can be blocked, pull dosent work on a enemy who is running strait away from pet because stand still while attack and if you pounce you landing out of attack range if the enemy is moving. You should try it by yourself befor give such statements.

You're thinking of the tactic which actually breaks on ability use, the ability Run Away! does not break on ability use.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Ads
Sundowner

Post#69 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:23 pm

everyone agrees that run away! should break on ability use right? RIGHT?

Spellbound

Post#70 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Koha wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:19 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm

As logical answers are not allowed to be used as serious responses, the obvious answer is the magical powers of Gork and Mork.
Can we upgrade Order and Destro melee Charge to be unbreakable now to be equal to SH? Basically SH free ability is called, "Charge 3080 FTW3 Ultra".
1. WE have a tactic for +25% speed 10 sec unbreakable on fleet-footed (most ppl don't use it, even before Elixir of Shadows)

2. Concerning SH Run Away, don't forget that it includes a ''Challenge'' for free as well (-30% dmg). Most ppl forget to play it that way, except well known hardcore SH.
Yes most don't read notes. Tryhards will put it to good use.