Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#141 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Orgruk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm
Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign

- State of Realm has been switched to give an estimate of number of players in the RvR lake instead of exact number or no number. Instead it will say the following labels depending on amount of players:
• Scouts
• Parties
• Warbands
• Vanguard
• Battlehost
• Warhost
Disappointing, you made a great change by removing every kind of numbers in the previous patch, just had to remove the AAO indicator and it would have been perfect ... but then just revert it back to an x-realmer helping tool. :(
Because not knowing, where there are activities, is right what we need. You most likely know the amount of communication in pug sc to sort groups. No point in requiring a chat channel to see which zones are empty.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#142 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:07 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 pm Maybe you should try playing a Squig Herder AM/SW to see what life without any of the speed boosts is like.
Fixed for you.

You welcome.

CeeJay89

Post#143 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 pm

Jurki wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Spoiler:
wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am Been dicking around for a couple hours looking at tooltips and builds on my SH.
Not even gonna attempt to be involved in the ranged ability/tactic shoveling as i simply dont have the knowledge of rsh atm.

But for a ranged kite class, i think the debate about how a ranged or a kite-class should behave on RoR
giving kite classes a ranged knockdown is fine by me, they kinda need it as a way of creating distance when they get gabclosed on.
Same for having a speed mobility to distance themselves further, and these tools not breaking on useage makes sence so you can keep the enemy at distance while unloading some damage.

So far i am following the idea. Looking at the bigger picture Destro as a realm needed some ranged love (if this turns out to actually work and be playable after nerfs/buffs/adjustments)
thematically if sh is this cooldown career with some burst, based around core cooldowns, and it seems the dev idea is basing the burst around the pet, then it on paper seems like a class than can become a high skillceiling ranged dps (just like Jerky and Teefz made it pre-overhaul) making the good experienced SHs stick out and the rest having to put in work to become better.

There is a bit of risk giving these many tools to one kite class, and then leaving the glasscanon singletarget sorc with no mobility tools at all (baseline aoe root, disarm, FM m2) but the sticking power of the mobile classes might just be too much if the kite-classes are getting tools to deal with pounces, charges, snarebreakers. Yes Sorc is probably the middle ground of destro ranged dps, between the immobile situational Magus burst, and the mobile rsh, the sorc lands in a category of "walk around untill you can stop and unload"

Im not saying this is wrong, but if the issues with rsh kiteability is based around pounces, maybe that joke about reducing pounces would not be too bad of an attempt (here comes the kittycat army in 3-2-1)

tl:dr immobile other ranged dps classes might be pushed further back if SH suddenly can kite with several kite tools, but pounces are still an issue for the other rangeddps classes no matter how much stuff SH is handed.
The topic around range isnt just about pounce. Its about being permanently in close-medium range to actually use your abilities while youre extremely vulnerable defence wise, means no mobility possible. Enemy classes have a bunch of tools to close the gap and in a game which is based around group/warband play youre melting away in secs without the opportunity to get out of there. As it is right now, the opportunity to get on 80ft (gas squig) without being forced to use old and not up to date equip is a good start.
We have to test and observe how it plays out to mainly use the gas squig. But in the long run i think it will be outlined that core 65ft is just too close considering that you wont be able to use your spiked squig, which gives you 5% crit and the ability to use autoattacks while moving. Atm we have still the issue that there is only one, maybe two builds to play a viable rSH, which was one of the reasons to actually change the SH.

1 - 2 viable ranged specs, 1 viable melee spec, so you mean... one viable spec for every tree, something many other classes can't say on either realm?

SH has a long range nuke spec, which now has what, the 3rd longest range in the game with Gas Squig next to Magus/Engineer, except they don't need to sit around, on top of maintaining all of their mobility? All of their utility? All of their abilities?

SH has the most overloaded melee spec in the history of this game. There's no other melee that comes close. But hey, Rampage is the go-to excuse.

SH now has a medium range, high damage spec with unparalleled mobility.

The class has every bit of utility built baseline, or as low hanging fruit that can be weaved into any build. Other classes were butchered for less on both realms.

Your argument that having to get close being a problem is laughable at best. You not only have multiple tools to kite around multiple people, but you're also on the realm that has the best mobility AND more gap closers.

You're also acting like ANY OTHER RDPS has significant defense to survive anything. This SHOULD be a problem for ranged DPS who get jumped on. SH has the LEAST number of survivability problems in close range compared to other rDPS with the exception of maybe tanky built Engis and Magus.

This is the issue others have spoken about with good, dedicated players of a class like yourself speaking up about what your class needs. You want every weakness your class has to be removed because you have some belief that other classes fare better. They don't.

What more does your class need, my guy? Name a real weakness that your class suffers from as a whole. Because I promise for every legitimate weakness SH has, a dedicated player of ANY other class can name two.

billyk

Post#144 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:14 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:15 am Taking pounce dmg away from WL and mSH. Nerfing KOTBS and Chosen.
At least try to get out of your bias bubble.
mSH works fine without damaging pounce. It has tons of other useful skills. OTOH, there is no reason to play WL without damaging pounce. There's a reason you people aren't crying about WL anymore while SH is still considered OP.
Same for Chosen and KotbS: Knight is now useless except as an Aurabot, Chosen is somewhat weaker but still useful.
You act as if classes were exact mirrors of each other, which simply isn't true. If they were, nobody would complain.
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 am Yes, actually. I'd like SWs to get some of new rSH mobility (then again their range in skirmish is better but they deserve some love... At the cost of reducing range from 100 to 80ft), WP and DoK could use their dps healing looked at (reverting Aza's changes would be a dream come true), minor tweaks to IB (and mirror to BG) to make them more noob friendly...
Order gets no buffs, in case you haven't noticed yet.
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 am I play 19 classes mostly because that's how I learn tricks to deal with enemies. Some class is killing me repeatedly and seems lol-OP? Roll it, play it, see what it's vulnerable to. And I guarantee there are no classes without soft spots.
I guarantee there are in practice. A weakness in 1on1 doesn't really matter because most gameplay is 6vs6 or warband vs warband, for example.

in b4 muh Rampage muh BW aoe

sogeou

Post#145 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Why not make the SH KD tied to the pet like the WL. SH having a ranged KD is kinda dumb while they have a ranged disarm already.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#146 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm

sogeou wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 pm Why not make the SH KD tied to the pet like the WL. SH having a ranged KD is kinda dumb while they have a ranged disarm already.
And SW RKD will be tied to ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Fenris78

Post#147 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Wow really ?

- Another charge ability now core (one mastery point saved), that can be used while attacking,
- A +15 ft range means there are now 115 and 80 ft, meanwhile SW got "only" 110 and 72ft with rkd on the move removed...
- And finisher to 9 pts instead of 13 ?
- Now SH got 4 speed increasers... wait, 5 with the standard flee. For a ranged class. Neat.

I can see I've seen everything now but every time someone manage to surprise me... :/

Brizio

Post#148 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign

- State of Realm has been switched to give an estimate of number of players in the RvR lake instead of exact number or no number. Instead it will say the following labels depending on amount of players:
• Scouts
• Parties
• Warbands
• Vanguard
• Battlehost
• Warhost
Disappointing, you made a great change by removing every kind of numbers in the previous patch, just had to remove the AAO indicator and it would have been perfect ... but then just revert it back to an x-realmer helping tool. :(

:lol: is this real?

Ppl still complain about x-reamers? Game population is going down to the point NA is almost dead and you are worried about that?

Imho lockout should be removed to allow ppl to play with friends when they want and not quit the fraking game.

Ads
gebajger

Post#149 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 pm Why not make the SH KD tied to the pet like the WL. SH having a ranged KD is kinda dumb while they have a ranged disarm already.
And SW RKD will be tied to ?
Stance.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should remove rkd. I'm not pointing at any one thing, but the whole.

-Heal debuff
-Armor brake
-Ranged kd
-Absorb remove
-Silence
-Disarm
All this with high mobility
Rioz

Orgruk

Post#150 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Spoiler:
Brizio wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:15 pm
Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign

• Scouts
• Parties
• Warbands
• Vanguard
• Battlehost
• Warhost

:lol: is this real?

Ppl still complain about x-reamers? Game population is going down to the point NA is almost dead and you are worried about that?

Imho lockout should be removed to allow ppl to play with friends when they want and not quit the fraking game.
You're welcome to play in EU time and witness what happens with x-realming ;)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance