Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sponn
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#151 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 pm Why not make the SH KD tied to the pet like the WL. SH having a ranged KD is kinda dumb while they have a ranged disarm already.
And SW RKD will be tied to ?
SW and SH are "mirrors?"

I thought there was a psuedo 4 way mirror between SH, WL, Mara, and SW.

Also I'm pretty sure SH is the only class that gets a knockdown, disarm, and snare by default (squig armor abilities).

Just seems like a false equivocation considering the psuedo 4 way

Ads
Brizio

Post#152 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Orgruk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:19 pm
Spoiler:
Brizio wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:15 pm
Orgruk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Disappointing, you made a great change by removing every kind of numbers in the previous patch, just had to remove the AAO indicator and it would have been perfect ... but then just revert it back to an x-realmer helping tool. :(

:lol: is this real?

Ppl still complain about x-reamers? Game population is going down to the point NA is almost dead and you are worried about that?

Imho lockout should be removed to allow ppl to play with friends when they want and not quit the fraking game.
You're welcome to play in EU time and witness what happens with x-realming ;)

Oh, but i have. And to be honest the 800 players online right now is pretty low even to ROR standards.

On RoR devs always punished the zerg instead of rewarding the underdogs. Thats a recepe for failure well known on MMO RPG market for ages. Players will logoff instead of playing for no reward.

But right now, the game cant lose any more players so... let x-realmers play what they want. If YOU dont like it, change to the underdog side. Join the dance.

Neverever

Post#153 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:30 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 pm
Jurki wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Spoiler:
wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am Been dicking around for a couple hours looking at tooltips and builds on my SH.
Not even gonna attempt to be involved in the ranged ability/tactic shoveling as i simply dont have the knowledge of rsh atm.

But for a ranged kite class, i think the debate about how a ranged or a kite-class should behave on RoR
giving kite classes a ranged knockdown is fine by me, they kinda need it as a way of creating distance when they get gabclosed on.
Same for having a speed mobility to distance themselves further, and these tools not breaking on useage makes sence so you can keep the enemy at distance while unloading some damage.

So far i am following the idea. Looking at the bigger picture Destro as a realm needed some ranged love (if this turns out to actually work and be playable after nerfs/buffs/adjustments)
thematically if sh is this cooldown career with some burst, based around core cooldowns, and it seems the dev idea is basing the burst around the pet, then it on paper seems like a class than can become a high skillceiling ranged dps (just like Jerky and Teefz made it pre-overhaul) making the good experienced SHs stick out and the rest having to put in work to become better.

There is a bit of risk giving these many tools to one kite class, and then leaving the glasscanon singletarget sorc with no mobility tools at all (baseline aoe root, disarm, FM m2) but the sticking power of the mobile classes might just be too much if the kite-classes are getting tools to deal with pounces, charges, snarebreakers. Yes Sorc is probably the middle ground of destro ranged dps, between the immobile situational Magus burst, and the mobile rsh, the sorc lands in a category of "walk around untill you can stop and unload"

Im not saying this is wrong, but if the issues with rsh kiteability is based around pounces, maybe that joke about reducing pounces would not be too bad of an attempt (here comes the kittycat army in 3-2-1)

tl:dr immobile other ranged dps classes might be pushed further back if SH suddenly can kite with several kite tools, but pounces are still an issue for the other rangeddps classes no matter how much stuff SH is handed.
The topic around range isnt just about pounce. Its about being permanently in close-medium range to actually use your abilities while youre extremely vulnerable defence wise, means no mobility possible. Enemy classes have a bunch of tools to close the gap and in a game which is based around group/warband play youre melting away in secs without the opportunity to get out of there. As it is right now, the opportunity to get on 80ft (gas squig) without being forced to use old and not up to date equip is a good start.
We have to test and observe how it plays out to mainly use the gas squig. But in the long run i think it will be outlined that core 65ft is just too close considering that you wont be able to use your spiked squig, which gives you 5% crit and the ability to use autoattacks while moving. Atm we have still the issue that there is only one, maybe two builds to play a viable rSH, which was one of the reasons to actually change the SH.

1 - 2 viable ranged specs, 1 viable melee spec, so you mean... one viable spec for every tree, something many other classes can't say on either realm?
I haven't read after that point. Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you really put your fingers on a SH and tried its Big Shooting tree or are you just making assumptions on what you have read on the patch notes ? The senseless claims you make just points that it is the latter. Big shooting tree is not a viable tree at all. I main a SH and tried all of the options and can guarantee that you wont be seeing any SHs , who is not a newbie and knows what he is doing with the class, running BS. Whine less and try to adapt the fact that with the recent patch RSH received a viable tree with the cost of the safety and mobility of 100ft. Contrary to what you claim most of the classes has different options to adapt their play style to whatever setup they wanna play with. SW has probably best of the combination among those. A perfect unkillable melee speck, a long range scout tree that can destroy you in 3s KD time. And even a better skirmish tree that does even more aoe dmg than SH single target DPS. SO stop crying.

Orgruk

Post#154 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:33 pm

Spoiler:
Brizio wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm
Spoiler:
Brizio wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:15 pm

:lol: is this real?

Ppl still complain about x-reamers? Game population is going down to the point NA is almost dead and you are worried about that?

Imho lockout should be removed to allow ppl to play with friends when they want and not quit the fraking game.

Oh, but i have. And to be honest the 800 players online right now is pretty low even to ROR standards.

On RoR devs always punished the zerg instead of rewarding the underdogs. Thats a recepe for failure well known on MMO RPG market for ages. Players will logoff instead of playing for no reward.

But right now, the game cant lose any more players so... let x-realmers play what they want. If YOU dont like it, change to the underdog side. Join the dance.
Thanks but that ain't my thing. My Order toons were only created for testing purpose and most of them have been deleted (the others are just dusty and now only retain funny and/or roleplay names), beside this I only play Destro, so when the x-realming dance begins ... I log off and do something else. :mrgreen:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Brizio

Post#155 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Orgruk wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:33 pm
Spoiler:
Brizio wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm
Spoiler:

Thanks but that ain't my thing. My Order toons were only created for testing purpose and most of them have been deleted (the others are just dusty and now only retain funny and/or roleplay names), beside this I only play Destro, so when the x-realming dance begins ... I log off and do something else. :mrgreen:
My way or the highway!

We should be talking about viable solutions to make both type of players happy. We want you to stay online. WE NEED YOU! Please, dont quit!!!!!

:D

ztil

Post#156 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Making Run Faster a core ability doesn't really change much because everyone was already speccing into it in all 3 specs (it was only 5pts after all). Atleast I did. There are other changes more impactful than this one. So I don't get why so many are getting hung up on this ability now when it's basically working exactly the same way it did pre-patch.
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior

CeeJay89

Post#157 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:51 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:30 pm
CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 pm
Jurki wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Spoiler:

The topic around range isnt just about pounce. Its about being permanently in close-medium range to actually use your abilities while youre extremely vulnerable defence wise, means no mobility possible. Enemy classes have a bunch of tools to close the gap and in a game which is based around group/warband play youre melting away in secs without the opportunity to get out of there. As it is right now, the opportunity to get on 80ft (gas squig) without being forced to use old and not up to date equip is a good start.
We have to test and observe how it plays out to mainly use the gas squig. But in the long run i think it will be outlined that core 65ft is just too close considering that you wont be able to use your spiked squig, which gives you 5% crit and the ability to use autoattacks while moving. Atm we have still the issue that there is only one, maybe two builds to play a viable rSH, which was one of the reasons to actually change the SH.

1 - 2 viable ranged specs, 1 viable melee spec, so you mean... one viable spec for every tree, something many other classes can't say on either realm?
I haven't read after that point. Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you really put your fingers on a SH and tried its Big Shooting tree or are you just making assumptions on what you have read on the patch notes ? The senseless claims you make just points that it is the latter. Big shooting tree is not a viable tree at all. I main a SH ..
Stopped reading here because you're the epitomy of a biased player. Get over yourself. It's cool, though, as I've said before, fustrations will boil over, and when your beloved class receives a very well deserved nerf, I'll be watching for your whine post.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#158 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:20 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 pm Why not make the SH KD tied to the pet like the WL. SH having a ranged KD is kinda dumb while they have a ranged disarm already.
And SW RKD will be tied to ?
SW and SH are "mirrors?"

I thought there was a psuedo 4 way mirror between SH, WL, Mara, and SW.

Also I'm pretty sure SH is the only class that gets a knockdown, disarm, and snare by default (squig armor abilities).

Just seems like a false equivocation considering the psuedo 4 way
I’m pretty sure other class aren’t locked into 1 tree because of squig armor
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Neverever

Post#159 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:33 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:51 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:30 pm
CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 pm [/spoiler]

I haven't read after that point. Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you really put your fingers on a SH and tried its Big Shooting tree or are you just making assumptions on what you have read on the patch notes ? The senseless claims you make just points that it is the latter. Big shooting tree is not a viable tree at all. I main a SH ..
Stopped reading here because you're the epitomy of a biased player. Get over yourself. It's cool, though, as I've said before, fustrations will boil over, and when your beloved class receives a very well deserved nerf, I'll be watching for your whine post.
Nice way of avoiding what you can't actually answer.
I bet you are the amblem of the objectivity in that sense... Whining in all the possible threads about Destro classes and crying for Order ones. Very objective and without bias... Keep wishing little whiner. Don't forget, the most amazing wishes come true when you actually expect them the least .

Charon

Post#160 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 pm

Im not expert, but I fear that changes with rsh are going in well know direction of guardian wl - all in one, no counter, only bc 2 well know players directly rejected first project team idea. I just hope that devs will not lose sense of balance and are fully aware about consequence of bringing the class with such high amount of utilities/cc, mobility and still very good dmg to game (for now this amount of sh de facto are denying any (small scale) order play outside zerging and keep defences. And i hope that next order character will be treated with this same amount of good will (tend to appease criticism) in the balancing process. RP, AM, IB all of them need still some love.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)