Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lorsten

Re: Patch Notes 09/12/2020

Post#81 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:29 pm

What do you mean its not instant like BO's? You can precast it just like BO (i mean get to perfect balance/da best plan), it have same stance req. The only difference is you need to go mellee to actually use it (is it really such a problem on tank?). Yes its not the same as choppa has, definetely choppas one is way better than both SM/BO, but here we come to choppa/slayer balance and unique skills, where i doubt choppa is in favor.
Last edited by Lorsten on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Elvicof

Post#82 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:21 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:37 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Seen plenty of warbands with 3 mSH.
Lets review you numbers: 4 BO+4 choppa+3 mSH (+4 chosen/Bg+8 healers) => well, looking at you numbers only 1 spot letf to: sorc/magus/we/mara....your theroycrafting numbers fail.

Another note, i have seen plenty of wbs with 3+ SWs or with 3+ engis or with 3+ WHs but that means NOTHING....they not perform well, the same happen if you stack mSHs. You want 1-2 mSHs (2 at max), if you dying at mSHs stacks you really ahve other problem beyond "balance".

Order can stack slayers without problems, they bring a strong dps and also CD increaser.
Again, not one comment on why SM Whispering Wind isn’t instant ability cast like BO or Choppa. We can theory craft all day, that one question has no answer or logic that players/devs prefer to ignore and crop out when quoting a reply.
Should probably be looked into, but there are plenty of other things. Like a passive wounds buff just by being grped with a wp
Moonlapse and VII

Detangler

Post#83 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Even mediocre BO and SM players know you can stance dance to get to perfect balance before you get the first hit off. Stop saying "It takes multiple hits to get WW off" just cause you have never played the class past tier 1 and are looking it up on career builder. In an imperfect beginning clash where you are suddenly jumped on by the enemy you hit stance dance, (improved balance ability), then WW. At most its one global cooldown before WW is off. Its not the end of the world.

I am complete dog turds on my SM and even I can pull it off.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#84 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Spoiler:
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Seen plenty of warbands with 3 mSH.
Lets review you numbers: 4 BO+4 choppa+3 mSH (+4 chosen/Bg+8 healers) => well, looking at you numbers only 1 spot letf to: sorc/magus/we/mara....your theroycrafting numbers fail.

Another note, i have seen plenty of wbs with 3+ SWs or with 3+ engis or with 3+ WHs but that means NOTHING....they not perform well, the same happen if you stack mSHs. You want 1-2 mSHs (2 at max), if you dying at mSHs stacks you really ahve other problem beyond "balance".

Order can stack slayers without problems, they bring a strong dps and also CD increaser.
We can theory craft all day.
The only one theorycrafting here is YOU...and pulling ridiculous numbers for your "destro OP wb composition"...

CeeJay89

Post#85 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:07 pm Even mediocre BO and SM players know you can stance dance to get to perfect balance before you get the first hit off. Stop saying "It takes multiple hits to get WW off" just cause you have never played the class past tier 1 and are looking it up on career builder. In an imperfect beginning clash where you are suddenly jumped on by the enemy you hit stance dance, (improved balance ability), then WW. At most its one global cooldown before WW is off. Its not the end of the world.

I am complete dog turds on my SM and even I can pull it off.
I'm not a SM player, so perhaps someone will correct me, but it is to my understanding that it can be defended? If that's the case, a defensive tank is less likely to hit with it in the first place, and stopping everything else you do to get into position behind someone and hoping lag doesn't catch you is certainly a disadvantage compared to smacking a button as soon as the fight starts.

30s (40s with a little coordination) with easier application between Choppa and BO is also a hell of a lot better than 10s on such a decisive effect. But that's a different discussion.

Sundowner

Post#86 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:45 pm

skills on demand (bo) and needing to hit in melee (sm) is a huge difference bruh

Ramlaen

Post#87 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Elvicof wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Again, not one comment on why SM Whispering Wind isn’t instant ability cast like BO or Choppa. We can theory craft all day, that one question has no answer or logic that players/devs prefer to ignore and crop out when quoting a reply.
Should probably be looked into, but there are plenty of other things. Like a passive wounds buff just by being grped with a wp
More one way mirroring.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

wonshot

Post#88 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:09 pm

On the debate of partycooldown decreasers:

BO gives up a tactic slot for his Waargh
Choppa picks a mastery ability
SM needs to stancedance and then the hit(s) need to not be defended against.

One realm having the advantage of two cooldown decreasers, but one is at a cost of a tacticslot, i am personally fine with.
But would both realms not benefit, and would it not give incentive for more teamplay, if both the tank versions of this nice group utility, didnt need a succesful hit(s) on the ability.
I am not asking for them to be undefendable, but just performing the ability on a target should proc the friendly cooldown decreaser. Unstead of defended attacks preventing the ability.

That should help vs the Rampageing Shattered limbs from slayers, for destro.
And help Order's only Cooldown decreaser seeing more realiably uptime even for those SMs who can only tabtarget a tank and get their WW defended.

Just an idea that should hopefully help both realms.
Last edited by wonshot on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Spellbound

Post#89 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:54 pm
Elvicof wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm

More one way mirroring.
Yes, Destro on the server just want more one way mirroring without realizing they got most Order abilities mirrored, yet Order has less Destro abilities. You don't see Windblock, Winds of Insanity, Mara AoE Knockdown, GTDC, Shaman auto-detaunt, etc., being requested. Just same abilities, but being put on instant cast for SM like BO with tactic. This isn't the crowd I know to explain things to on forums, why I don't post here much.

Ramlaen

Post#90 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:09 pm On the debate of partycooldown decreasers:

BO gives up a tactic slot for his Waargh
Choppa picks a mastery ability
SM needs to stancedance and then the hit(s) need to not be defended against.

One realm having the advantage of two cooldown decreasers, but one is at a cost of a tacticslot, i am personally fine with.
But would both realms not benefit, and would it not give incentive for more teamplay, if both the tank versions of this nice group utility, didnt need a succesful hit(s) on the ability.
I am not asking for them to be undefendable, but just performing the ability on a target should proc the friendly cooldown decreaser. Unstead of defended attacks preventing the ability.

That should help vs the Rampageing Shattered limbs from slayers, for destro.
And help Order's only Cooldown decreaser seeing more realiably uptime even for those SMs who can only tabtarget a tank and get their WW defended.

Just an idea that should hopefully help both realms.
WW is also a mastery ability and higher in its tree than Chop Fasta.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky