Ads

Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Post#41 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:10 am

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am Isnt it a better idea to split ranked based on gear Tok unlocks, like invader and above in one bracket+vanq and below in another ?
We thought about some other ways to split it. But we didn't want players to game the system by not equipping the last invader piece. And also wanted a simple system that everyone can remember and not 5 rules that together determine which tier you are in. So in the end we decided for one just based on RR.
Source Developer

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 am

Thanks for that awesome patch! Finally no 2h KotbS (with what feels like conq gear ) in my ranked matches! It was allways so straining to be nice and explain why they should not que ranked with lov gear. The Split is a freaking great idea and the rewards help a lot to, that motivates to play ranked and to grind out your main. Yes OFC the Population will be split wich will lead to longer que times but i rather wait 10-30 min more for a balanced game then to wait 10 min just to get a engi in vanq who is laking the skill or gear or whatever.

Thank you Devs for providing us with such a nice patch, feels like a ealry Christmas present! Maybe a Christmas-RoR-wonder happens and the 2h slayer will recieve some changes :D

agemennon675

Post#43 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:27 am

dalen wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:10 am
agemennon675 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am Isnt it a better idea to split ranked based on gear Tok unlocks, like invader and above in one bracket+vanq and below in another ?
We thought about some other ways to split it. But we didn't want players to game the system by not equipping the last invader piece. And also wanted a simple system that everyone can remember and not 5 rules that together determine which tier you are in. So in the end we decided for one just based on RR.
I see, I guess a system to detect which equipment players wear might be hard to implement in that case
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#44 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:40 am

carthagerising wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:47 am the changes to ranked sound like they would be good on paper but i gotta say im dreading the effects on pops. as everyone knows its already a struggle to get games in this mode and splitting an already tiny pool could result in even more of a nightmare. I hope this will be monitored and adjusted or even reverted if the qs go down the drain.
This feature is meant to be tested now (in season 1) in order to be well implemented in the next season, without any sudden issues/bugs/etc... We're kind of using the last bits of season 1 to test good changes for season 2.

In other words, the new season will bring much more changes that will push players to queue way more often, so your concerns will be gone in the near future.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm

I hope the season 2 implementation is improved over season 1 in a sense of giving higher pop chance of people at the bottom and top end of MMR bracket.
Otherwise your MMR will rise too high or drop too low and you get no pops again.

Like having a fixed slot in waiting queue, without pulling players from queue based on best matching MMR.
The key factor should be time in queue.
The queues might die again, if players can't reliably get pops, while seeing others getting pops right after another, as their MMR fits better.
Dying is no option.

rodomeier

Post#46 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Here is my feedback from yesterday solo queue ranked with a 62 rr char:

-It didn't pop a match for 3+ hours.
-Most of that time destro queue was 2/5/2 while order was most of the time 0/1/0 (forgot to take screens).
-Ranked 70+ rr were popping normally for a friend.

My conclusion: either people weren't aware yet of the new ranked system or they were too busy pushing zones for the city and trying to get oRvR bags instead of pushing rankeds for a... less rewarding prize for their chars.

Possible solution to increase the pops on low tier: make a system message pop like every 30 minutes reminding people they can now q for ranked in 2 separate tiers. That might motivate/remind some people to queue without fear of equipment/level unbalance.

Gonna keep testing today

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

scatterthewinds

Post#47 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm

I think to make solo q better you need to outlaw certain inefficient off specs. E.g 2h wp, grace wp, dps am, shield swordmaster, etc, etc. It's a harsh fix and I sympathize with players that like these builds but if you want this thing to pop people need the assurance they're not going to be in a queue for an hour then auto lose because of a class composition that can only work against afk players.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#48 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm I hope the season 2 implementation is improved over season 1 in a sense of giving higher pop chance of people at the bottom and top end of MMR bracket.
Otherwise your MMR will rise too high or drop too low and you get no pops again.

Like having a fixed slot in waiting queue, without pulling players from queue based on best matching MMR.
The key factor should be time in queue.
The queues might die again, if players can't reliably get pops, while seeing others getting pops right after another, as their MMR fits better.
We will introduce incentives to make people queue more, these incentives come in various shapes. It will take some time for people to get along the new ranked season and trust its changes due to the long-time dissatisfaction of season 1.
rodomeier wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:21 pm Here is my feedback from yesterday solo queue ranked with a 62 rr char:

-It didn't pop a match for 3+ hours.
-Most of that time destro queue was 2/5/2 while order was most of the time 0/1/0 (forgot to take screens).
-Ranked 70+ rr were popping normally for a friend.
That's why we test for at least a week, feedback shared on the same day or after a day is often flawed.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#49 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:16 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm I think to make solo q better you need to outlaw certain inefficient off specs. E.g 2h wp, grace wp, dps am, shield swordmaster, etc, etc. It's a harsh fix and I sympathize with players that like these builds but if you want this thing to pop people need the assurance they're not going to be in a queue for an hour then auto lose because of a class composition that can only work against afk players.
if you think dps am and grace wp are that bad to be "outlawed" you yourself should be outlawed from queuing.

but i do think it should try to avoid matching 2 of the same healer archtype.

scatterthewinds

Post#50 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:36 pm

The people that play small scale day in day out for years and years have theory tested this stuff to death. This isn't even a subjective opinion, it's fact. I cannot believe anyone truly believes grace > salvation or DPS AM > slayer, wl or wh. It's like being anti-vax.