Ads

Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Foltestik

Re: Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Post#61 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:11 am

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:06 am
Foltestik wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:09 am the new city contribution system is strange:(
we have 6 man in city with same pug with us, our party was top 1 and 2 in dps and dbs, top 1 and 2 in heal and top 1 and 2 in protection.
all 3 stages was tank and heals from 1 to 4 in contribution (all 4 just in diferent position in diferent stage) but dps was around 20 (my self was 19, 20 and 24) :(
Probably death count plays a big role in city siege contribution(at least thats my guess), so if you actively play and die alot in a losing match you get less contri from others that just go afk at the spawn. Apart from that there is also a big RNG factor so your roll might just be unlucky too.
i died 2 times in that city, cant be that problem. looks like dps is at the end of contri

Ads
doky

Post#62 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 pm Regarding MMR, as I've had this conversation more than once.

We use Glicko2 to calculate MMR. This isn't some hacky thing we made up on our own. http://glicko.net/glicko/glicko2.pdf
The pre-season has reset MMR, your addons did not.
You will see large swings in MMR until you get a couple dozen matches played.
You CAN lose MMR while winning a match, this can also swing largely in your first couple of matches.
If you keep playing, your MMR will stabilize and results will be more reasonable.

Additionally, if you don't like MMR, then ignore it. There are several constants about ranked matches that might be more desirable than standard matches.

MMR does not, despite the unfortunate moniker, result in matchmade games the majority of the time. This is because the majority of the time, there are not enough people queued in different MMR brackets to reasonably fill out matchmade matches. Instead what happens is the system makes a best attempt with the people currently in the scenario pool, then fills in the rest of the spots with anyone leftover.

You still get 2-2-2 pure PvP matches, they're not guaranteed to be balanced by MMR or even significantly influenced by MMR. MMR for our purposes is almost strictly for ranking where you stand among everyone else.

MMR is also for gear prices, but that gear is such a marginal upgrade from the prior set it's really just there as a carrot for completionists. You'll get it eventually if you play.
Something is not right in this rating system. After the MMR reset i get weird results.

1st character get 1760 MMR after 1st win, that looks alright to me for 1st win, when I played fresh character in ranked before it was always 1700+ for 1st win, however it will go down to approx. 1500 if your second game is lost and if you loose another you will be like 1300 MMR just at 1:2 winrate, these are the huge swings that happening with MMR reset. However not this time, After I loose second match I go down from 1760 MMR to 1700, then i win third game and get 1721 MMR. So my MMR swings are +260,-60 and +20 for 1st three games.

2nd character I played two games and win both of them. 1421 MMR after 1st win and 1460 MMR after second win. Well if thats working as intended the i dont know... clearly broken

dalen
Developer

Post#63 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:58 pm

there's a Rating Deviation that starts high and will lower with more matches played. It basically represents how certain the system is about your rating, very uncertain at first, which leads to big swings, but after seeing lots of matches it becomes more and more certain about your rating and the adjustments will be smaller.

The Rating Deviation is currently not shown in the UI though.
Source Developer

miregal1

Post#64 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 pm

[sorry for the bad english]
I dont post here often and im a casual player with no friends ingame and im soloing alot, started like 9 months ago, not because of this famous streamer/youtube guy, i just watched some twitch streams and i dont know how but i saw a ror streamer... thought like, hey i know this game... they closed it long time ago...

Great content update like every update so far. Thanks for keeping this awesome game alive!
--
"We were Pk'ing in Pong!"

Opeteh

Post#65 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Was it intentional that you cannot buy Triumphant Medals (gear too probably) due to "No season is currently active. You are unable to purchase this item"?
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

geezereur

Post#66 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:07 pm

magus pet are bugged it dont spawn in the right place or at all

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#67 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Opeteh wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:16 pm Was it intentional that you cannot buy Triumphant Medals (gear too probably) due to "No season is currently active. You are unable to purchase this item"?
Technically this is preseason 2, it hasn't started yet.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mor

Post#68 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 pm

Imo, it works perfect so far. It is way more challenging to play 70+ ranked than before and also one do not get frustrated when teams up with an average player or total...

The only question/request I've got is to reset the leaderboard! And the rewards aren't anything new. Could add something exciting like a greater mount or some greater pots or talismans which expire.

Btw, when is the end of season 2?

Ads
Mor

Post#69 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:02 am

dalen wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:58 pm there's a Rating Deviation that starts high and will lower with more matches played. It basically represents how certain the system is about your rating, very uncertain at first, which leads to big swings, but after seeing lots of matches it becomes more and more certain about your rating and the adjustments will be smaller.
So the system sort of promotes those who play just enough ranked scenarios to achieve a good score (the less the better) and those who pick the right time to play them (i.e. when they know that players currently queuing on one side are not that good as those on the other). Another thing is that some people queue up in teams at the same time in order to join a scenario in the same party. This is nearly like a ranked pramade party but i believe you can not prevent them from doing so.

juca

Post#70 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 pm

HI ...

when will you fix the eng and magus bug?