Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JarlBerzirk

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#161 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:33 am

The WE pounce vs the WH armor debuff is so laughable its hilarious. The WE pounce is completely useless lol

Ads
Firebird

Post#162 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:38 am

"- Squig Armor : This ability won't bug on pet spawn or tactics swap anymore."

Nope, now it is just perma-bugged. Once you're in SA, you can't leave SA without Kaboom!. Which sucks for sub-40s who don't have Kaboom! yet. They have to log out and back in to leave SA.
There is a bug report on it already, but sub-40 rSHs need to avoid Squig Armor until it is fixed.

Dabbart

Post#163 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:19 am

Firebird wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:38 am "- Squig Armor : This ability won't bug on pet spawn or tactics swap anymore."

Nope, now it is just perma-bugged. Once you're in SA, you can't leave SA without Kaboom!. Which sucks for sub-40s who don't have Kaboom! yet. They have to log out and back in to leave SA.
There is a bug report on it already, but sub-40 rSHs need to avoid Squig Armor until it is fixed.
Working as intended. The only useful Gobbo is one that has been eaten or logged out of.

Jk... That's a pretty ironic bug though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Rumpel

Post#164 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:34 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:33 am The WE pounce vs the WH armor debuff is so laughable its hilarious. The WE pounce is completely useless lol
Really, i had three situations it helped me. Without i hadnt catched the enemy. Thats exactly are situations when someone is walking by, some feet to far away, while I'm stealthed...here it was good for. Combined with oyk, you get bloodlust and in range for stun, it is really usable, specially when roaming with others and reaching the enemy simultan. AND it helps me atacking someone whos blocked by tons of other players, cause of no collision, especially healers. Thats good for focus cause I also can reach him quick. Helped allot in ranked.

But this situations were very rare, when its usable/ functional. Didn't needed it that often. I hope it gets some tweeks! Cause I love the idea behind. thats why i love WE, for its attack and escape utillity!!! Pounce is an enrichment for my playstyle and so its fun.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

CeeJay89

Post#165 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:41 pm
This video illustrates that GM's are active in-game and will investigate reports of players exploiting terrain. Good, that's what they should do.
Wargrimnir, I normally don't have many complaints about changes to things (SH rework being an outlier) and try to have a lot of respct for your guy's decisions, but ones like these really put me in a tizzy. The fact that a GM experiences a death in-game to something that amounted to nothing more than a few laughs and it gets changed in a couple of days is not a normal, unbias response. It also reduces the fun things to do in ORvR, which bothers me.

I know you guys don't take many of our complaints, suggestions, or whatever too seriously, but this one irks me because I reported two far more pressing bugs/exploits, including one that is terrain-related, in what's going on two months ago as of the 30th. Does this mean that I should make public an easily replicated exploit that people actively do either accidentally or intentionally that would make a goblin's and vanilla WL's mobility blush for any class so that a GM can experience it in their play to get it fixed timely? Or the terrain issue that would easily allow large parties to ignore the outer wall of a keep without using postern or having the outer door down? Hell, you don't even need to leave the RvR zone to do it. Personally, I would love to see several warbands sitting inside the courtyard of the keep before the siege even starts.

I reported these to Kaelang as suggested instead of the bugtracker, one as recommended by you, but nothing has been done about them. The fact that these continue to exist, but BT having fun at a BO and killing a GM requires a timely response from the long arm of the law really puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyways, you guys keep doing you. Hope you had a good holiday and have a good New Year either way.

MMXX43

Post#166 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Charon wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:28 am
Kragg wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:53 pm GM's don't make changes to the game. They can bring it up to a dev if they see something being abused.
This isn't the first time we've blocked off areas that should otherwise be inaccessible, and it's very unlikely to be the last time.
Areas like this are reported or discovered almost exclusively when players abuse them, GM's are called when players abuse something.
The extent of the abuse usually results in a faster response. Putting half a warband of dwarfs on an inaccessible tower (unless you run through a 60s PvE route and try to make a non-trivial jump that could be blocked by player collision all while getting shot at) makes it a pretty easy decision.
Roleplay is no excuse, we have never encouraged or approved their guild to add inaccessible spots to their little strategy book of whatever.
Just because the melee ball can't do anything against our specialized team doesnt mean it is not fair game. In fact, that same warband went up to wipe us. There are hills, towers and cliffs around for a reason.

And rather nice you place us in the 'abuse' section of things. Well played, War. Classy.

GM's are not called , GM got shot and somehow got his way within a day. Never mind that PvE ambushes has been a tactic employed by all guilds throughbout the server, helers on pve and dps fighting in rvr has been around for ages. Might want to focus on tier 3 city gateway not allowing order to do damage. Focus on a niche group instead. Moving into PvE and jumping at Bo's has been a valid tactic, unless we do it ofcourse. PnP got ambushed, PnP got back at us. Same range, same option. That they bring a melee warband is up to them, not us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ_sCye ... e=youtu.be

ok guys just for clarification .. BT spots are not fine ...but this one that Theo was using is ok ( it starts more or less 1,20 min) ...right ???
Or Xredum magus going up the tower in Ostland south east Bo somehow
or Phalanx kiting into fort guards in KV

oaliaen

Post#167 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:37 pm

i spoke whit lot of we friends and all said the pounce is useles and nobody are using it...

Sundowner

Post#168 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:43 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:37 pm i spoke whit lot of we friends and all said the pounce is useles and nobody are using it...
true, class lost what made it unique.

Ads
Ugle

Post#169 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:49 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:57 am
VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:22 pm
cursedflesh wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Surprised me too, we cant make target ailing to apply heal debuff now. Bet its because of moving shadowstep to lower position and devs are afraid of asw using split arrows tactic.

Well, an effort to suppress single target melee continues ...
Having tried to keep playing assault sw since the patch it's just painful, the spec is GUTTED. Shadowstep feels pointless half the time, the -10% on defences for nothing was gutting, can't apply shadow sting reliably, it's just... awful. I fully expect the few assault SWs will pack it in, go skirm, or go to another class.
does draw blood -> shadow sting not work? i don't have a shadow warrior so if that doesn't work i couldn't say
It works.

Changes is fairly shlt for asw. Was hoping to get use of guerilla training in an asw spec variant, but either it needs to be made core, or shadow sting needs to be put lower in the skirm tree to open up spec variants. Currently you're just a way worse version of previous iteration of asw
inactive

anarchypark

Post#170 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Kragg wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:53 pm GM's don't make changes to the game. They can bring it up to a dev if they see something being abused.
This isn't the first time we've blocked off areas that should otherwise be inaccessible, and it's very unlikely to be the last time.
Areas like this are reported or discovered almost exclusively when players abuse them, GM's are called when players abuse something.
The extent of the abuse usually results in a faster response. Putting half a warband of dwarfs on an inaccessible tower (unless you run through a 60s PvE route and try to make a non-trivial jump that could be blocked by player collision all while getting shot at) makes it a pretty easy decision.
Roleplay is no excuse, we have never encouraged or approved their guild to add inaccessible spots to their little strategy book of whatever.
Just because the melee ball can't do anything against our specialized team doesnt mean it is not fair game. In fact, that same warband went up to wipe us. There are hills, towers and cliffs around for a reason.

And rather nice you place us in the 'abuse' section of things. Well played, War. Classy.

GM's are not called , GM got shot and somehow got his way within a day. Never mind that PvE ambushes has been a tactic employed by all guilds throughbout the server, helers on pve and dps fighting in rvr has been around for ages. Might want to focus on tier 3 city gateway not allowing order to do damage. Focus on a niche group instead. Moving into PvE and jumping at Bo's has been a valid tactic, unless we do it ofcourse. PnP got ambushed, PnP got back at us. Same range, same option. That they bring a melee warband is up to them, not us.

fight like everyone else inside the battlefield.
earn your position by fight.
going picnic into PvE for minutes early to set up beer party b4 others, then telling them what's the problem you can come here while we shooting.
It sounds like fairytales - territorial troll live under bridge eating everyone pass.

you've been doing it for so long. guess you don't see the problem of terrain exploit. maybe will not.
fine, we're getting better game thx to your testing.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)