Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#191 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:53 am

Teefz wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 pm Run Away! was obviously part of the usefull racials in the game, but with new 10s icd, this tactic is simply not worth the tactic slot anymore after the rework.
I asked dalen and he said the old runaway didnt refresh when it was active. In the perfect situation (proc on first possible attack) the downtime without runaway is 5sec, not? Dont know about squig, but for shamans the tactic still looks decent.

Some tactics should get a rework, but I wouldn´t change the the resistance buff ones. Some ppl actually use them occasionally, but stuff like sigmars favor is trash, yes.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Neverever

Post#192 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am

Teefz wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm Combat and Careers
General Changes

- Run Away (Goblin tactic): this tactic will now trigger at most once every 10s.
Does this mean that all racial tactics will be looked at in the near future?

Clearly there are some racial tactics that are completely garbage and never gets used, such as:

'Too Smart for Dat'
'Don't Bother Me None'
'Bend the Winds'
'Stubborness'
'Alignment of Naggaroth'
'Bathing in Blood'
'Unwavering Faith'
'Sigmar's Favor'
'Tzeentch' Warding'
... and so on

While you have some racial tactics on certain races, primarily dwarfs and greenskins, that is more or less mandatory for multiple specs:

'Stoutness of Stone'
'Ancestral Inheritance'
'Stab You Gooder'
'I'm Da Biggest'

Currently, there is a big disparity between the racials. Run Away! was obviously part of the usefull racials in the game, but with new 10s icd, this tactic is simply not worth the tactic slot anymore after the rework. Which ultimately means, that rSH will do more damage while being easier to catch, if they do not manage their dcds correctly. Fine by me - not sure people on the recieving end will agree in the long run though.
Are we looking at a general nerf across the board? or will the other tactics be reworked to be worth considering?

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm Balance Changes

- Kaboom! : This ability has been renamed Lemme Out! and now share CD with Squig Armor.

- Da Waaagh Iz Strong: The retrigger interval of this tactic is changed from 1 second to 3 seconds.
Why was KABOOM! renamed?
I agree that KABOOM!/Lemme Out! should have a cooldown, but it should not be linked with the Squig Armor CD. This change, amongst other things, took away rSH's ability to reliably help out their team with AOE punt. Currently, if you wanna punt: Squig armor -> wait 5s -> punt. In those 5s, the opportunity to help is gone in most cases. Imo add a seperate cooldown to whatever you decide the ability should be called - can even make it 10s+. Currently the shared CD is the biggest problem. And no, Exploding Arrer is not a reliable option either. Squigs should have never gotten a mirror ability of 'Geddoff/Cleansing Flare', while sacrificing the previous insta aoe ailment. With the amount of CC the class already has, this is simply bad design.

Pre rework 'Da Waaagh Iz Strong' was very niche and only saw its uses in one or two situations. So obviously it needed some attention and love. But after rework and with the above changes, this tactic is still a waste of a tactic slot. Wasn't the rework suppose to add better options, instead of mirroring a inferior version of 'Gork's barbs/Playing with Fire' to a tactic slot?

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm Contents
General

- The towers at the Ruins of Greystone Keep and Kinschels's Stronhold BOs are classed as illegal areas, meaning that you will get the overextension debuff if you stand on top of them.
Spoiler:
Glorian wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am
As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.
I thought we had gotten rid of these impulsive changes made on the fly and pushed out on live server ASAP, because someone died in pvp, when Torque left the building? I guess too much credit was given. Honestly sad, that with the limited time that the team has, it occasionally gets used to push their own agenda. Really struggling to see the issue with this, especially considering that Bitterstone has been doing this since '14('15?) on this server, and all of the sudden because the wrong person at the wrong time died, it merits a Overextension debuff and it's considered abuse, but it hasn't been in the past 5+ years.
I was about to write a feedback post but more than I wanted to say is already stated by Teefz. Run Away and Da Waaagh Iz Strong are now two useless tactics that won't be slotted. The only occasion DWIS had a possible use was 6vs6 and with the recent change it is not worth a tactic slot anymore. I am still puzzled about Kaboom change. What is the purpose ?

marafado
Suspended

Post#193 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

1 or 3 more days till next random balance ;) players ask for "balance/rework" ror staff delivers :)

Sundowner

Post#194 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:40 pm

I think balance changes should be a bit more concentrated on numbers (i.e. ability dmg/heal etc.), and approach to changing abilities in the way that it affects class playstyle should be done with much more careful approach :(

theoddone

Post#195 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:14 pm

The terrain is a wonderful thing in this game. It allows a smaller force to beat a bigger force. I started playing this game over ten years ago, and I still find new terrain spots. In my videos, I have tried to show how to use terrain, and I know BT does the same with streaming. So it's not like it's secret how to do it. In an open RvR game, I think the use of terrain should be encouraged.

In support of Bitterstone Thunderers https://vimeo.com/495471406
-Theo

anarchypark

Post#196 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Kragg wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:35 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:15 am whether it's exploit or not. it's border line at best.
here's example.
HP ch11 town cliff to Feiten's Lock path.
destro path was from Manor to pve load to order ch11 where town guard blocking cliff. very slim window to avoid guard range and LoS.
Talabecland Tower. you need to open outer wall when you need BO to rank up.
BC ch22 town cliff to nest on the branch.
and this patch towers. and many more.

smart game play? yeah hackers are smart. Financial schemes are smart.
i don't understand why devs don't touch engie/magus range. it's the start of all problems.
guess they really care about turret class.
but no, it's GM's fault bringing it to devs to ruin their fun.
get smart guys you're in dev's favor in my view.

i was preparing engie/magus balance proposal.
hope you don't get confused it was because of this. it's after 2sec sniper tactic.
Because we are the long range class of order perhaps? That has to carry around a turret and needs time to set up? That being said, we focus our gameplay around ambushing others. From behind bushes, on hillsides etc. That people do not look up a branch is not our problem. All those spots you mention, you can hit us and knock us off from or come up to us. If you aint getting close enough, it means we focus you down. You have two options; get your own ranged there, ake a detour, run passed and come up or have a squig hop up. It is that easy.

You want a damage and range nerf, not a balance proposal.

behind bushes, ok
hillsides, ok
inside buildings, ok
passing enemy town guards for 5m trip, not ok
simple, entrance and exit both inside rvr lake, without condition.
just my 2c.
maybe find spots by improvising manner, using pugs as podders, predict hotspot etc.
that's more appropriate way to use "smart" in my opinion.

I hope i didn't offend you. my english is not good enough to be polite. not that i'm polite
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

mryay

Post#197 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:54 pm

mryay wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:41 pm @devs May I ask you the rationale for removing the access to the broadhead arrow in Assault for the Shadow Warrior, please?

Currently, breaks substantially the effectiveness and the fun of main aSW gameplay. Any explanations are welcome because I honestly fail to see the need here.

Thanks
Asking again to Devs, please. Sorry for insisting, but after testing again and again I don't see why it was necessary to block this skill in assault stance.

thanks in advance!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

scatterthewinds

Post#198 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Shield Dok is consistently doing too much damage in solo ranked. Topping or finishing top 1-3 of damage as a heal spot. This probably needs to be looked at - either nerfing the damage or giving it a dps slot.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#199 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 pm

marafado wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm 1 or 3 more days till next random balance ;) players ask for "balance/rework" ror staff delivers :)
Choppa will be blessed soon...Whos going to QQ i want to see :mrgreen:

sleer40k

Post#200 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:31 pm

can't get twitch reward

"You cannot claim this reward until the next patch. 80"
That's the message I get when trying to