Patch Notes 01/01/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Re: Patch Notes 01/01/2021

Post#71 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:28 am

Goryak wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:15 pm
Lheana wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:08 pm - Gotta Nosh!: Moreover this quest is no longer repeatable

Can you stop with the dye quests already please? They were made repeatable by other staff members on purpose, there is nothing to "fix" there.

See for yourself:

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:26 pm- [7357] Quest: Gotta Nosh! is now a repeatable dye quest.
Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:26 pm RyanMakara
-Made a handful of dye quests repeatable. Any known dye quest from live that is either not repeatable yet or is missing rewards can be reported on the bugtracker for future alteration.
So first you have nothing to learn me, so no I won't stop. And changes that are reverted, it happens on like every patch in different parts of the game. So it's not because someone changed something, that this change will never get reverted.
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Ads
Senlui

Post#72 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:55 am

Interesting proposal with the City instances, I tried it out today to queue as a solo character. It queued me with the message that I could join in case anyone else dropped out, then I didn't get a spot at all. I appreciate that this must depend on the opposing side having equal numbers in the queue, and can only assume that more people from Destro are in the queue than Order, but I think out of all the cities I have queued for, I've only been able to get into about 25% - which is making it so hard to get Sov.

I don't want to switch to Order, nor am I able to play a hardcore guild that sends you a message on WhatsApp at 4am when a city pops.

I don't know what the solution is... on Live there was a period where they'd let everyone queue, then you'd end up in an instance with 24 Destro and 6 Order... but at least everyone got in, and you'd get medallions for participating, even if you lost. So we all got there in the end.

The addition of Royal Crest shards in RoR was a good idea, and I think I am going to have to rely on these unfortunately, with my pop rate!

Arthem

Post#73 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:10 am

Whats the point of going through the effort of looking for / making a wb now for city? Anyone know?

Bozzax

Post#74 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:18 am

Why arent queuetimers reduced to lets say 5 min and handled more like ranked q?

1. Both realms queue up as solo,6,12,18,24 (no premade dodgers 15 grps)
2. Close queue both realms
3. Match and start all possible instances and as fair as possible ie solo vs solo (last) and 24 vs Xx6 (increase rewards on real 24v24 matches and broadcast outcome including guild names)
(Could even consider allowing 12,18,24 vs Xx6 instances to create variation)
4. Re open queue on the side that had less players during matching @3
(Consider allowing xrealming during open city disregarding realm lockout timers)
5. Start new late instances as long as the city is open and there are ppl waiting in q on the side that had greater numbers @3.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

heyfray

Post#75 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:01 pm

Hello, The new pug vs pug, premade vs premade system is nice. that is all
thank you

hammerhead

Post#76 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Yes, now everything is fine. Came in with 5 Engi and 7 SW. Saw prem, came out so as not to waste time thinking that who was luckier and he will have an guaranteed pug vs pug. But we will test more, definitely.
(\|)o0(|/)

Gurf

Post#77 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Senlui wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:55 am Interesting proposal with the City instances, I tried it out today to queue as a solo character. It queued me with the message that I could join in case anyone else dropped out, then I didn't get a spot at all. I appreciate that this must depend on the opposing side having equal numbers in the queue, and can only assume that more people from Destro are in the queue than Order, but I think out of all the cities I have queued for, I've only been able to get into about 25% - which is making it so hard to get Sov.

I don't want to switch to Order, nor am I able to play a hardcore guild that sends you a message on WhatsApp at 4am when a city pops.

I don't know what the solution is... on Live there was a period where they'd let everyone queue, then you'd end up in an instance with 24 Destro and 6 Order... but at least everyone got in, and you'd get medallions for participating, even if you lost. So we all got there in the end.

The addition of Royal Crest shards in RoR was a good idea, and I think I am going to have to rely on these unfortunately, with my pop rate!

That is the punishment for playing the over populated realm, the solution you mention in your post so it isn't up to the Devs to change anything when there is a working solution already in place which helps balance the realm population.

Senlui

Post#78 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:29 pm

I don't think there is any intent to "punish" a player here, merely more Destro are queuing for a spot than Order, which of course results in not everybody being able to get a place.

Ads
navis

Post#79 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:56 pm

Voting done!

nebelwerfer

Post#80 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:08 pm

I voted, good job on this patch I like!

*edit: except the MSH changes, i liked him better before you guys removed a lot of abilities and added pet armor debuff making full bloodlord uselss now is kinda sucks for those who grinded