Ads

Patch Notes 15/01/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 15/01/2021

Post#91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:24 pm We can’t edit packet , as we can’t edit exe . Packets are sent so client respond to it . If you send them wrong they doesn’t work or cause mess in client . Fixing packet help client to work better with server , so it affect performance
Awesome work guys, anything which make the server runs better is welcome.

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#92 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 am

Appearance change is so bad... please revert it.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Omegus

Post#93 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:28 am

MaxHayman wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:08 pm
andy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm
Bowldancer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Meh. I think this is a really unnecessary change.
Weird change indeed. Though I already thought it was so that appearances could only be seen by your own realm.
So as we were reorganising data and packets to how they should be sent (to match live) this was a side effect which reflects how it was on Mythic.
I understand the intent of making it work like it did on live, but I'd just like to point out that this restriction was hugely unpopular on live as well. The intent from Mythic was to prevent players from masking their power level from enemy players (https://web.archive.org/web/20100922074 ... ar?id=1218) but at a certain point all of the sets look bad-ass and complex anyway and it just resulted in you looking good for your realm and a jumbled mess of mismatching gear and colours to the enemy. On live there were a lot of bugged item appearances as well (shield that looked like weapons, wrong weapon skins applied, I seem to remember armour that let a marauder look like a chosen or vise-versa, etc) but I'm not sure how much of an issue it was on live.

If the performance benefits on the server are that great then so be it, but if it was more along the lines of matching live then please consider this one of those times where the ROR version was better than the live version :)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

phononHYPE

Post#94 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm ... blah blah blah,
Bug Fixes

- Daemons : Fixed an issue causing them to stop working if you ressummoned the same minion.
- Chaotic Rift : This ability effect will correctly trigger after one second delay instead of 2.

hmm, that applies to one of my alts ...
*mumble mumble mumble *

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm Contents
General

- Cross realm /say and /shout is now enabled when not flagged for PvP. This was added on request from the role playing guilds.

- You can now click the "You were added by X as a friend" messages to add them as a friend.

- New items will now be filtered into the correct bag via the "Item Preferences" on the right of each bag section.

- Appearance gear will now only be shown to members of the same realm: A tradeoff to properly reorganise how data and packets are sent, to reflect how it was on Mythic (adjusts performance).

Pathfinding

hmmm, that's cool. Good on ya for supporting RP. Don't like the other side not seeing my intimidating appearance gear though.
*hhrmm hrmm, mumble mumble... stuff stuff stuff.... *

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm ...

Greenskin Chapter 12
- Smash 'Em Wolves: Longfang and Scarred Snowclaw wolves will now also count toward the quest

- Gobbos in da Trees: This quest can now be completed by all classes

- Moonfang Teef: You will now have to collect the teeth of the Moonfang Spottas

- Empire kill collectors once again are willing to pay for what you kill.

- Chaos kill collectors once again are willing to pay for what you kill.

Public Quests

- Vulgar Display of Power: This PQ is once again completable

Hmm, keeping on top of quest fixes... good good *mumble* good....

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm
- Repeatable quests have been added for the tokens. They are given by the corresponding vendors. "The intended way via RvR quests remains faster. This is meant for those who lost their tokens from crashes."

THIS. YES YES YES, I can finally finish Keeper after so so long. THANK. YOU. DEVS.

Now if you would just add another bank slot so I can hold everything.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Keula

Post#95 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:38 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:24 pm We can’t edit packet , as we can’t edit exe . Packets are sent so client respond to it . If you send them wrong they doesn’t work or cause mess in client . Fixing packet help client to work better with server , so it affect performance
How much it affects/affected performance and does it actually affect game client performance in terms of measurable raw fps increase or just client to server performance which hasn't been a problem other than 1k+ ppl fights? Does this mean i can turn on effects and have 120fps in cities? No? Still gonna be 40-50fps without effects?
#Bringbackfashionhammer
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Skrajan

Post#96 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:49 pm

havnt noticed any differrence in performance yesterday at a fort fight. the biggest performance boost for me was to follow the guide in the forums... this was awesome and made me not disco anymore at forts. this change though, seems to do nothing.

soldude

Post#97 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:46 pm

very nice event Sc. only premades can join that sc. im staying in que 3 hours and nothing. thanks :?

Detangler

Post#98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Can't believe there's 10 pages of whining about your appearance vs enemy realm....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#99 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26 pm Can't believe there's 10 pages of whining about your appearance vs enemy realm....
Yeah people should be happy with the options of expressing themselves in game being taken away. Duh.

I mean who would want to customize their character in an MMORPG, we know that all other MMOs never do it.

Imagine wanting things. Why can't everyone just be like you? Ya know?

Different perspectives, I just don't understand it!

Detangler

Post#100 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:02 pm

You can still see your changes. Your realm mates can still see your changes. Its just the people you try to kill that you can't communicate with that can't see it. Oh noes!!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable