Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zulnam

Re: Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Post#151 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:02 pm

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 pm
sharpblader wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Thanks for confirming "stealth" changes exist.

Couldve added No Escape now deals 1200 dmg instead of 1800 to match BO Deafening Bellow in the patch notes. Or will that remain a "stealth" change? Or did I miss the patch note?

WTB Oppressing Blow/Vigilance update. Has the team concluded anything yet?
They did exist in the past.
We've been trying to either document them in:
A) Patch Notes
B) Bugtracker

That one looks identical on the career builder and neither ability has changed.

No Escape is 1200 damage, dating back to the year 2016. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18242&p=197710&hili ... 00#p197710
Deafening Bellow does 1200 damage, dating back to the year 2016. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11934&p=127233&hili ... 00#p127233
I don't have evidence but I could swear No Escape was doing 1800 AoE damage until a month or so ago. Why I distinctly remember this is because I always saved m3 when fighting against dps shamans and watch them fall gloriously to the burst. Or old age has caught up to me.

Maybe it was inadvertently changed when diminishing returns were added to morale damage?

Maybe someone else can confirm?
Not really. Knight's No Escape (not to be confused with Slayer No Escape) has always dealt 1200 damage. The reason you remember them falling is because not only does it do 1200 damage, but it roots them in place for 10 seconds making for easy pickings (dps Shaman survivability is centred around running away and kitting).

That 10sec unbreakable root makes No Escape very good to have (at least by 1 knight in the wb).

Also I really doubt the crit thing. Morales, as a game rule, do not crit; because it is undefendable damage. If it did, it was probably a bug.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
detrap

Post#152 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 pm

zulnam wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:02 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 pm

They did exist in the past.
We've been trying to either document them in:
A) Patch Notes
B) Bugtracker

That one looks identical on the career builder and neither ability has changed.

No Escape is 1200 damage, dating back to the year 2016. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18242&p=197710&hili ... 00#p197710
Deafening Bellow does 1200 damage, dating back to the year 2016. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11934&p=127233&hili ... 00#p127233
I don't have evidence but I could swear No Escape was doing 1800 AoE damage until a month or so ago. Why I distinctly remember this is because I always saved m3 when fighting against dps shamans and watch them fall gloriously to the burst. Or old age has caught up to me.

Maybe it was inadvertently changed when diminishing returns were added to morale damage?

Not really. Knight's No Escape (not to be confused with Slayer No Escape) has always dealt 1200 damage. The reason you remember them falling is because not only does it do 1200 damage, but it roots them in place for 10 seconds making for easy pickings (dps Shaman survivability is centred around running away and kitting).

That 10sec unbreakable root makes No Escape very good to have (at least by 1 knight in the wb).

Also I really doubt the crit thing. Morales, as a game rule, do not crit; because it is undefendable damage. If it did, it was probably a bug.
Isn't the root breakable upon damage still? Please tell me it isn't supposed to be :D
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Sponn
Suspended

Post#153 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:32 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:57 pm
Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use

Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke, just change it anyway!

lol

Does this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
Legit was on the tooltip as physical and client files, too. Someone, somewhere along the way made it elemental damage instead of physical in a 'stealth' change.
Fair enough, I get that.

With that same logic though why was Heaven's Fury, which legit was on the tooltip as 5 seconds, just had the tool tip changed instead of changing the ability to what the tooltip said? Which is what was done for "On Your Guard"?

Just curious.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ramlaen

Post#154 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:45 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 pm
zulnam wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Isn't the root breakable upon damage still? Please tell me it isn't supposed to be :D
The root has broken on damage for a long time.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Krima

Post#155 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm

teiloh wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:56 pm
Rumpel wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:09 pm Witch Hunter where crying a long thread so they got armor debuff and as compensation we pounce...blame witch hunter pls.
Where do people get the idea that just because WH get something, WE should as well?
Patch notes, everytime WEs got something , WHs had it as well. So I guess thats how it works for both classes. Just check all the patch notes here in ror.

I even approached a gm with a few good Ideas for Witchbrew and he replied "And WHs get what ?"

Core abilities of WH/WE were always mirrored also. TORMENT/AW, SLICE/RAZOR STRIKE. STEALTH / openers, elixirs.

I guess doing stuff like this works here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42646 long topic that last for days, until WH armor debuff? everyone stop crying there right after the armordebuff? why ?? :lol: :lol:

I play both classes and neither WE or WH did not need any sort of buff in their openers.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

balvor877
Suspended

Post#156 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:18 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:59 pm
In high armor meta isn't spell damage better than physical damage?
Why would you use OYG anyway apart from farming and padding sc numbers? I bet a knight will find more useful auras.
They point is that destro has again a small advantage here. Things are adding up. Every destro class has small advantages of the order mirror and in total it makes the whole realm stronger. Just play an Engi, then a Magus, play a SW, then a SH, play a SM, then a Blorc, play a IB then a BG and so forth. You will be surprised how nicer the destro classes are.

I notice a lot of draw backs on the order abilities in general, up to they point the are not useable. Like the speed boost on SW and SH. SW need a tactic, need to switch stance to trigger it, has 20% speed boost and lasts only 5 seconds. SH has a 30% 10s baseline speed buff, ready to be used. You notice the difference? There is a lot of stuff that is just nicer and easier to use on destro side. Even more powerful.

For example the new WE pounce. Just use it as opener and get snare on top of it. How easy is that? Baseline! lol! And where is that on order side? Right, it's not there...

teiloh

Post#157 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 am

Krima wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm Patch notes, everytime WEs got something , WHs had it as well. So I guess thats how it works for both classes. Just check all the patch notes here in ror.

I even approached a gm with a few good Ideas for Witchbrew and he replied "And WHs get what ?"

Core abilities of WH/WE were always mirrored also. TORMENT/AW, SLICE/RAZOR STRIKE. STEALTH / openers, elixirs.

I guess doing stuff like this works here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42646 long topic that last for days, until WH armor debuff? everyone stop crying there right after the armordebuff? why ?? :lol: :lol:

I play both classes and neither WE or WH did not need any sort of buff in their openers.
imo the opener changes were not necessary but the WH needs a few tweaks slightly more than the WE, especially after WB's icd change

Neverever

Post#158 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:00 pm
zupaH wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 pm what are you even talking about? the only thing that SH's have over SW's that's good is Run Away. If you're looking for straight up abilities that they have "access" too, SW's are very close behind. It's not as far as you're thinking. What utility are you talking about? KD on the move? yes. But it's shorter range and duration now. Rest depends on stances, just like SW.
The pet
Essentially ranged/undefendable no GCD Disarm
Self insta wounds/heal
AOE KB
Squigbeast
Mid-range crit increaser
Core melee snare
Core pounce

etc

There's a big difference between stance dancing and a core ability toggle
3x stackable dot which crits 1k+,
100ft range
100ft 3sc ranged KD with 10sc CD when VON on
%20 almost constant crit boost tactic
%50 more crit on melee abilities %25 more crit chance on 2 of its abilities
A much better long range build
Moral drain
%100 armor bypass on Brutal assault
Glass arrow mechanic
One of the best defensive moral 1 which cleanses simply everything and grants 250ap
Undefendable HD on VON
%25 AP cost decrease and %20 movement increase on stance swaps
Better stance buffs that you don't lose with pet
Pounce with %25 defence increase
Conversion to spirit dmg when VON is on
No buggy pet
Plus all that it almost has the same amount of CC to SH..

My friend yours is a life spent on simply crying...

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#159 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:29 am

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:47 pm ty for nerfing shattering blow. not sure why a class all about burst had the hardest hitting dot in the game
Well it's a class with a big fat axe that causes deep bleeding wounds... It kind of makes sense.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#160 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:34 am

Neverever wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 am
3x stackable dot which crits 1k+,
100ft range
100ft 3sc ranged KD with 10sc CD when VON on
%20 almost constant crit boost tactic
%50 more crit on melee abilities %25 more crit chance on 2 of its abilities
A much better long range build
Moral drain
%100 armor bypass on Brutal assault
Glass arrow mechanic
One of the best defensive moral 1 which cleanses simply everything and grants 250ap
Undefendable HD on VON
%25 AP cost decrease and %20 movement increase on stance swaps
Better stance buffs that you don't lose with pet
Pounce with %25 defence increase
Conversion to spirit dmg when VON is on
No buggy pet
Plus all that it almost has the same amount of CC to SH..

My friend yours is a life spent on simply crying...
Now add 10 more items to the list and you have the SH ;)