Ads

Patch Notes 26/02/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grock

Re: Patch Notes 26/02/2021

Post#121 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:38 am

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:32 am
xanderous wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:11 am Gives WH aoe armor debuff then nerfs armor talismans, nothing suspicious here.
Actually armor debuff is by no way affected by armor reduction on talismans, since as I mentioned in my previous post, armor debuffs are flat value, not % decrease.
So armor debuff will always adds the same amount of dmg, unless your total armor is LESS than the debuff (I cant imagine running with less than 1600 armor = the baseline on Vanquisher-level light-armored classes, plus armor pot you got at least 2200+, armor debuffs being limited to 1500 or something like that).
Thats not true, flat armor debuffs give much more dmg against high armor below 3.3k, above 3.3k they start to get countered or even negated by overstacked armor
As such nerf to talismans directly affect effectiveness of flat armor debuffs
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#122 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:49 am

Grock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:28 am
Hugatsaga wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 pm My spreadsheet (although I copied that from someone smarter than me) says its something like 5%-7% phys dmg mitigation nerf under normal circumstances. After additional armor debuffs, armor bypassing abilities or with stupid high armor pen the talisman nerf difference is obviously less. Hey its even 0% if you compare getting AW'd in the back before and after nerf but thats hardly good and accurate situation for calculation. Neither is 75% pen if you ask me but now that the 1,5% number is out there I'm already seeing people parroting it in advice and region chat and saying its no big deal. Oh well.

Sov zeal, Warping the Spirit procced, armor debuffed by WL. with 180's:
Spoiler:
Sov zeal. Warping the Spirit procced, armor debuffed by WL. With 136's:
Spoiler:
Edit ignore the part where it says has 3x BL and skaven ring on, thats not the case in this example: only full sov, warping and 180's/136's.
Nice one, but slayers are usually around 60%, and WL's would use 50% armor pen tactic when going Whirling Axe
Yeah sure theres tons of abilities or ability/tactic combos where you can bypass more phys mitigation. However im just pointing out why that 1,5% number that has been thrown around is BS and under NORMAL circumstances the nerf is way highter.

And even if it wouldnt be its still a step in wrong direction: cloth wearing classes didnt need survivability nerf.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Greenbeast

Post#123 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:07 am

Grock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:14 am
Greenbeast wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:18 pm I can only suggest you to stop theory crafting around solo/duo groups and think about other classes that can bring stackable, single target or aoe armor debuff.
The nerf is 10% mitigation for light armor classes. If you think that they difference between 10 and 20% mitigation is insignificat then fine.
I'm not talking about pugs/zerg scenarios. In this scenarios you can disable half of the game mechanics and the game will stay the same.
What I'm talking about are premades that can spike you for 8000 HP/Second during the knock down. In that scenario 10% mitigation is equal of 2-3 seconds that maybe will allow second healer to react.
But keep pretending that it's dosent matter. For your class it's defenitely not a problem because your class benefits from this change more than anybody else.
"10% mitigation" is 440 armor (actually more when you count weapon skill), are you really losing that much from this nerf? Were you using 10 armor talismans?
The difference between 10% and 20% mitigation is about 11% more incoming damge, in your example that s like 1k damge, but your numbers are far from reality anyway, the real values are way lower
This will most definitely not give you 2-3 seconds when taking 8k dps in :lol:

Also since you weren't paying attention i also noted whats gonna happen when target gets debuffed and who's going to benefit frm that the most. And as i already explained my class doesn't benefit from this "more than anybody else" because we already have to stack massive armor penetration which makes these changes absolutely negligible. Are you really trying to tell me that 2% less mitigation on the target is going to make my day? Give me a break

You tell me to stop theorycraft while not getting the point, i guess all i can reply is to stop whining? The math is right there, you can try to understand the real change or you can just keep being upset, your choice
The lose is 352 armor.

Yes, 10% less damage is a big difference. If it's not just tell your tanks to not use bellows next time.
Your class benefits from it because of rampage. You don't need to be red to wreck 1300-1400 AA on shamans/zealots + undefendable damage on their tanks, while bouth melt like snow. It works more or less same for choppa if it will make you feel better.
I'm not here to attack the classes that will profit from this change. I think about meta classes like shaman or am that will become even more meta now.

I told you to stop theorycrafting for a solo/duo. Look at group compositions and synergies. Nobody cares about unguarded solo slayer. It can't kill anything. Just bring wl, engi, wh with it.
P.s. In the reality 6 man ST group in a premade kills shaman/zealot that don't have detaunt or guard swap in 2 seconds while it's knocked down. Same for AM/Runepriest. As I said the major impact of this change will be on shamans, am, zealot, rune priest and not on the actual armor stacking healers - wp/dok.
Don't be triggered when somebody disagrees with you.

Rhinochild

Post#124 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:34 am

Joke's on you! I never stacked armor talis! :P
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Strakar

Post#125 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:05 am

Wouldn't be opposed to increasing the base armor to cloth items to offset the talisman nerf. Midrange armor classes probably don't need it.

Overall like the change to itemization, shouldn't have an item that's worth 20x more than others in the same tier. Now it becomes a class balance issue for those who relied on it.

Uberlix

Post#126 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:08 am

Only ever had one 180 Armor Tali from Twitch Drops, held onto it and still got it in the Bank.

I can't really talk about the "issue" at hand or tell if it really is one.

All i know is, that i probably should have sold my Talisman :>

Not a fan of the Event Scenario though, but it is what it is. There is always next Weekend,
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Spyked1106

Post#127 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 am

zumos2 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:07 pm
Spyked1106 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:39 pm
zumos2 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm
To add to that, since when are light armored classes overperforming? They already are the weak links in high level of play, mdps already reign supreme. There is once again zero logic.
ex RP , Zeal maybe ? with +1056 armor on hot ?
wts a brain
I play all healers and all tanks (except chosen), multiple dps classes, including ones that will laugh with this change. This change hits healers overall. And ZLs + RPs don't even have space to run armor on HoT tactic. But it would require a brain to actually know the top tier spec I guess. So maybe you should be looking for one.
Rp + Zeal dont have space to slot this tactic if you play full ae tic/city pug
if you play full mono/solo, this tactic got his slot
plz dont quote for a game where healers healz from 150feet, have time to react and got a detaunt
even most of the ranged dps are from 100 feet
honestly -25% dps from this talis is worth it
ppl gonna play more thougness which is better (less debuffs than armor)

anarchypark

Post#128 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:02 am

as always facing WE armor ignore and Mara armor debuff as AM,
armor value was least concern to me. i'm using other surviving methods.
though it's true who relied on armor talismans having troubles.
who that be?
back sit WP/DoK, majority. some AM/sham, tanks. maybe pull engie/magus.
oh msh. and asw ( though asw extinguished b4 )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
ravezaar

Post#129 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:15 am

Love this change and tbh its needed despite some cries in here. Armor stacking is an issue.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Opethian

Post#130 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 am

Armour stacking is an issue that the game created through the sheer amount of melee damage being thrown at healers. Play a healer in a competitive city environment against decent competition and perhaps you'll see it from a healing perspective.

Unless there's some grand plan here to buff Archmages, Runepriests and Zealots that is coming shortly this is a very disappointing move. I feel especially bad for Archmages who are just getting even more of the shaft from this.