Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Toranes

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#131 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 am

Orontes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:45 am
dalen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 am
Orontes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:46 am

Reread my comment. You've not understood it. As stated: 40% damage bonus reduced to 20% is a 20% reduction of bonus damage. As also stated, the 20% damage bonus as it was on Live was universally understood as insufficient. Both magi and engi were laughing stocks on Live. This error in nerfing these classes under the guise of a bug fix (that is demonstrably false) needs to be reversed.
Damage bonus change was far from the only thing about these classes that were changed since live. Some generic changes like the DoT refresh mechanic has benefitted Engineer & Magus a lot. But off the top of my head (probably forgotten some) engineer has also had these changes...
Quite so. All classes have had changes made to them. This particular change, based on a lie it was a bug fix, speaks to the very core mechanic of the two classes. Their damage bonus changed from 40% to 20% impacts every single damage ability for all mastery types. If it is correct, the rationale for this foolish decision is because of raw numbers from City sieges, that is similarly mind numbing in its scale of foolishness. It confuses AOE fluff damage as some core horror. It confuses a calculation as a justification: class X has sum Y as its damage, there must then be an imbalance. How many in City actions are begging for engi or magi? How many are running in fear during City actions because engi/magi are on the opposing side? This lie it was a bug fix that reverses the core mechanic fix of 2016 underscores clearly those making these decisions do not play either class and do not understand the player experience. This needs to be reversed. It's a bad decision.

i Agree 100% you have understand what the devs and the random pug player didnt... Thank you. I hope this hard NERF will be reversed.

Ads
Kragg

Post#132 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am

Quite so. All classes have had changes made to them. This particular change, based on a lie it was a bug fix, speaks to the very core mechanic of the two classes. Their damage bonus changed from 40% to 20% impacts every single damage ability for all mastery types. If it is correct, the rationale for this foolish decision is because of raw numbers from City sieges, that is similarly mind numbing in its scale of foolishness. It confuses AOE fluff damage as some core horror. It confuses a calculation as a justification: class X has sum Y as its damage, there must then be an imbalance. How many in City actions are begging for engi or magi? How many are running in fear during City actions because engi/magi are on the opposing side? This lie it was a bug fix that reverses the core mechanic fix of 2016 underscores clearly those making these decisions do not play either class and do not understand the player experience. This needs to be reversed. It's a bad decision.
Spot on!

As said, I doubt those making these decisions actually have played either class, or not for very long. :/
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Vayra

Post#133 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 am

I do not understand why you made TB crit reduction multiplicative instead of additive. This **** over high crit damage classes like Sorcs/BWs for no reason. Are we really that OP at this point compared to for example Slayers that we need a targeted nerf on top of the introduction of the mistake that was TB?
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

sighy

Post#134 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Vayra wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 am I do not understand why you made TB crit reduction multiplicative instead of additive. This **** over high crit damage classes like Sorcs/BWs for no reason. Are we really that OP at this point compared to for example Slayers that we need a targeted nerf on top of the introduction of the mistake that was TB?
Additive 40% reduction leaves modless classes, with 5% critical bonus damage total, while multiplicative cuts roughly a quarter off sorc's total output, even without Onslaught proc the hit to your critical damage % stat is over 60%, if it were additive.

And to smartasses, even with maxed FS Sorc is still likely to critically hit you over 50% of the time making it a coinflip.

Onigokko0101

Post#135 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am

Spot on!

As said, I doubt those making these decisions actually have played either class, or not for very long. :/
I mean it totally nerfs the bitterstone strategy of sitting on a wall, but in most fights its really not that big of a nerf.

Less then a 4% nerf at 5 stacks. Ive said it multiple times this thread that in actual fights against competent players you tend to hover between 3-5 stacks because of movement/pet death/pet swap/resummoning etc...

Its a nerf yes, but not nearly as bad as everyone is making it seem, unless your strategy is to sit on a wall and try to get BoC/Snipe kills from range.
Last edited by Onigokko0101 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Onigokko0101

Post#136 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm

double post
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

chovudal

Post#137 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Spot on!

I mean it totally nerfs the bitterstone strategy of sitting on a wall, but in most fights its really not that big of a nerf.

Less then a 4% nerf at 5 stacks. Ive said it multiple times this thread that in actual fights against competent players you tend to hover between 3-5 stacks because of movement/pet death/pet swap/resummoning etc...

Its a nerf yes, but not nearly as bad as everyone is making it seem, unless your strategy is to sit on a wall and try to get BoC/Snipe kills from range.
What are u talking about? Doesnt make sense. Devs were saying that this stationary mechanic is, what engi and magus is created for. So now u use the same point for justifying it...sad.
Let me continue: we create a shadow warrior range guild and suddenly they have to be nerfed?

Yeah OK just nerf Engi/Magus more and more or better just say they should be fun classes for pve. Really Great!
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

engharat

Post#138 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:04 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Spot on!

And so for this reason the devs will continue to see big numbers in Magus/Engi dps in city, because the nerf heavily touched every magus activity but city. So they will reach the conclusion that Magus/Engi deserve more nerf! Lets remove also the other 20% of bonus! And this all happens because they don't want to fix the single unbalanced ability!

Ads
Vayra

Post#139 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:06 pm

sighy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Vayra wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 am I do not understand why you made TB crit reduction multiplicative instead of additive. This **** over high crit damage classes like Sorcs/BWs for no reason. Are we really that OP at this point compared to for example Slayers that we need a targeted nerf on top of the introduction of the mistake that was TB?
Additive 40% reduction leaves modless classes, with 5% critical bonus damage total, while multiplicative cuts roughly a quarter off sorc's total output, even without Onslaught proc the hit to your critical damage % stat is over 60%, if it were additive.

And to smartasses, even with maxed FS Sorc is still likely to critically hit you over 50% of the time making it a coinflip.
True, that's why it's a stupid effect. If it's going to be multiplicative, then crit damage bonuses need to stack multiplicatively as well. And I'm sure no one wants that
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

rikthor89

Post#140 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm

sorry i don't see Trivial Blows in the list of fame skills, so has it been implemented or not?