Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nonfactor
Posts: 49

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#141 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:31 pm

dalen wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:20 am
[...]
Dalen, you are an alright lad and I really do appreciate that you are trying to communicate despite the outry but it does not really matter whether you nerfed the damage by 14% or 20% or whether the class had any buffs or not. You clearly play the game, I have seen you in the cities, and you must have noticed that some warbands run single a single magus or engi in their groups and those do really well. You could have investigated what skills do that much damage and make changes accordingly, people are upset because you nerfed damage across the board yet that nerf will not affect magi/engis in cities are already usually at 4/5 stacks and you yourself mentioned that you only lose about 4% damage at 5 stacks.

So in reality this change did not do much about engi/magi overpeforming in cities but upset a lot of casual players who like to play rifleman/havoc and snipe people from afar - and no one complains about the strength of those builds nor were they ever needed to be nerfed.

Ads
sighy
Posts: 236

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#142 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 pm

rikthor89 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm
sorry i don't see Trivial Blows in the list of fame skills, so has it been implemented or not?
Disable addons. It is there.

dadlyj
Posts: 82

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#143 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Apart from everything.
The engineer's automatic attack is a range.
Magus is a close combat.
Engineer's bonus tooltip description is 20%.
The Magus tooltip was 40%.
The other techniques are wrong.
They look similar, but they are different.
The problem is that they are patched together in common.

dadlyj
Posts: 82

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#144 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:54 pm

And whatever you say,
If magus and engineer were ops,
They would not be so shunned by the city, but would have constructed WB by themselves.
We've been neglecting our users for months, and we've been working hard for them.
It's a big disappointment. 20% became nerf, can we be satisfied as if we hit Sovereign? Maybe at that time.
I would have chosen another job.

Sundowner
Posts: 422

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#145 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Were dmg numbers really nerfed because of city dmg numbers or it is just theory?

nonfactor
Posts: 49

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#146 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Sundowner wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm
Were dmg numbers really nerfed because of city dmg numbers or it is just theory?
It is a theory but it is not like magus/engi were doing well anywhere else to warrant a nerf.

Sundowner
Posts: 422

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#147 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:03 pm

nonfactor wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:58 pm
Sundowner wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm
Were dmg numbers really nerfed because of city dmg numbers or it is just theory?
It is a theory but it is not like magus/engi were doing well anywhere else to warrant a nerf.
Yeah I don't think nerf was due to the raw dmg numbers from city. Fluff dmg is nice for constant dmg, but classes with fluff dmg do not have burst. WL outdamages slayer most of the time, but has considerably less aoe burst. nerfing class taking into consideration only numbers is very off :D

again, why engie/magus needed nerf tho? why recent changes seem so uncalled? buffing WE for some reason, nerfing engie/magus for some reason.

dadlyj
Posts: 82

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#148 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:16 pm

People try to improve spec. Gear is one of them.
But if the combat capability is suddenly reduced by 20 percent, any gear can't be satisfied.

Ads
Jastojan
Posts: 202

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#149 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:30 pm

The time investment in leveling and tuning just one character in this game has become more and more debatable/risky. As I loved the game I joined it is becoming the most hated at one time.
To be more specific - the way you are introducing bigger changes was realy bad right from the times I joined (3 years ago?). I understand that it is better to not discuss the incoming changes here on the forum due many reasons (I remember that debate, ok), but this is just as bad as lottery for me. Last years summer we were told that several balance changes will come for SH
- players could write opinions/many were heard, rework was done - OK - it happened. We were told that other classes will be next for example - zealot was in the pool (no changes happened). And now we are in state (again) that nerfs are coming (called "bugfixes") - deal with it/adapt.
Motivation to choose 1 char and max its gear and RR - lvl zero.
Sorry for this kind of response but sometimes I do not understand whats behind some changes - I do not see some kind of logic there (magus/engi looked so OP? No, they were quite good - if we do not talk about even bad "dead pet - spawn pet spam" design).

And writing about Trivial Blows is wasting of time...

Neverever
Posts: 181

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#150 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Great changes. Thanks for all the effort and time you guys invest into WAR or actually ROR.

Engi and Magus were certainly overperforming so it is a slight damage decrease. Can't really understand all that drama about it.

TB will give more opportunities and enrich the game in terms of play style. You can now become more defensive with the cost of some offence. Ignore all the comments made by those who haven't even tried the changes in game and flamed out of patch notes.
Last edited by Neverever on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests