Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Shanell
Posts: 243

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#151 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:31 pm

I was actually planning to get a fun spec one day.
1. 40% dmg buff from pet.
2. 15% dmg buff from withered soul tactics.
3. 15% dmg buff from Daemonic contract tactics.
4. 15% dmg buff from shaman's bubble with tactics.
5. 5% dmg buff from bloodlord weapon.
100% damage boost.
6. OPTIONAL - getting to rr80 and getting a set with 15% crit damage bonus.
7. 50% crit damage on Flickering Red Flame tactics.

But now - screw it really - I will not achieve anything beter than I already did. I have already seen numbers of damage with all those buffs and they are out of reach forever. Now my magus is nerfed and his damage output is on par with y 26lvl shaman. Why bother playing hard class like magus when you can solo roam?
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul
Image

Ads
Cqengi
Posts: 18

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#152 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:38 pm

these comments however they are written out, are not wrong. I don't think I need to voice anything else for the engi/magus, however you look at this, this last nerf to engi was cheeky, uncalled for, and lazy. There is no other point of reference to neuter these classes' damage other than the 1 aspect where they can shine (albeit it 1 at a time), city.
-The fact it was labeled a bugfix
-The fact it is based on city damage numbers from 1 magus player and 2-3 engis
-The fact that you nerf an entire class of every spec for every player for every gear level, because of one overperforming ability that you still fail to acknowledge is broken beyond belief (napalm/mist)
-The fact that numbers and evidence themselves do not prove this to you (napalm tooltip 354 vs firebomb tooltip of 604 and napalm still hitting harder?)
-The silence from the devs that implemented this change? no reasoning revealed? no further excuse? The foot that they put first to allow this change is a 'bugfix'. THAT was the best you could do to justify it?

No more words from my part, didnt even realise you allowed napalm/mist to take advantage of engi/mag class mechanic when you made it defendable in an attempt to balance it. To put it simply, you buffed an ability you were trying to nerf, didnt realise, and blamed the entire class for their damage numbers in city, and now nerfed the whole lot. You nerfed acid bomb, you nerfed engis auto attack, you nerfed magus' staff autoattack, you nerfed every ability that didnt need it because of your inability to diagnose correctly.

Sorry but this has to be said in this way, to really make you understand what it is you just did.

I am not against the idea of nerfing engi/magus, but you need to direct that nerf to where it should be.
Last edited by Cqengi on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kragg
Posts: 1715

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#153 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm
Kragg wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am
Orontes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:45 am


Quite so. All classes have had changes made to them. This particular change, based on a lie it was a bug fix, speaks to the very core mechanic of the two classes. Their damage bonus changed from 40% to 20% impacts every single damage ability for all mastery types. If it is correct, the rationale for this foolish decision is because of raw numbers from City sieges, that is similarly mind numbing in its scale of foolishness. It confuses AOE fluff damage as some core horror. It confuses a calculation as a justification: class X has sum Y as its damage, there must then be an imbalance. How many in City actions are begging for engi or magi? How many are running in fear during City actions because engi/magi are on the opposing side? This lie it was a bug fix that reverses the core mechanic fix of 2016 underscores clearly those making these decisions do not play either class and do not understand the player experience. This needs to be reversed. It's a bad decision.
Spot on!

As said, I doubt those making these decisions actually have played either class, or not for very long. :/
I mean it totally nerfs the bitterstone strategy of sitting on a wall, but in most fights its really not that big of a nerf.

Less then a 4% nerf at 5 stacks. Ive said it multiple times this thread that in actual fights against competent players you tend to hover between 3-5 stacks because of movement/pet death/pet swap/resummoning etc...

Its a nerf yes, but not nearly as bad as everyone is making it seem, unless your strategy is to sit on a wall and try to get BoC/Snipe kills from range.
You are wrong. The sniper squad is not affected that much by this nerf. We have enough rifles to cover the loss in damage. Everything else is nerfed.

That being said, I expect a return to what it was. The whole notion is ridicules.
Image
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, Ironbreaker
Rordin Ironrune, Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

User avatar
inoeth
Posts: 100

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#154 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:13 pm

the match making actually sucks! played 20 SC today and 90% we wre outnumbered by min 3-5 players.....

btw ran in premade all 70+ still got still smashed 100% did not win a single one lol

M0rw47h
Suspended
Posts: 898

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#155 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:22 pm

inoeth wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:13 pm
the match making actually sucks! played 20 SC today and 90% we wre outnumbered by min 3-5 players.....

btw ran in premade all 70+ still got still smashed 100% did not win a single one lol
Outnumbering happens because not of matchmaking, but because ppl refuse to accept pop. Premades don't refuse, pugs do.

User avatar
chovudal
Posts: 21

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#156 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Cqengi wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:38 pm
these comments however they are written out, are not wrong. I don't think I need to voice anything else for the engi/magus, however you look at this, this last nerf to engi was cheeky, uncalled for, and lazy. There is no other point of reference to neuter these classes' damage other than the 1 aspect where they can shine (albeit it 1 at a time), city.
-The fact it was labeled a bugfix
-The fact it is based on city damage numbers from 1 magus player and 2-3 engis
-The fact that you nerf an entire class of every spec for every player for every gear level, because of one overperforming ability that you still fail to acknowledge is broken beyond belief (napalm/mist)
-The fact that numbers and evidence themselves do not prove this to you (napalm tooltip 354 vs firebomb tooltip of 604 and napalm still hitting harder?)
-The silence from the devs that implemented this change? no reasoning revealed? no further excuse? The foot that they put first to allow this change is a 'bugfix'. THAT was the best you could do to justify it?

No more words from my part, didnt even realise you allowed napalm/mist to take advantage of engi/mag class mechanic when you made it defendable in an attempt to balance it. To put it simply, you buffed an ability you were trying to nerf, didnt realise, and blamed the entire class for their damage numbers in city, and now nerfed the whole lot. You nerfed acid bomb, you nerfed engis auto attack, you nerfed magus' staff autoattack, you nerfed every ability that didnt need it because of your inability to diagnose correctly.

Sorry but this has to be said in this way, to really make you understand what it is you just did.

I am not against the idea of nerfing engi/magus, but you need to direct that nerf to where it should be.
Word up!

And to all the defenders of the nerf, hope your class gets a nerf of 20% and let me see you crying.
And what ? Dps numbers in cities are the basis? Rofl...
What do we hear from devs: ...ähm u cant compare, cause skill and equip are different, (so called: just play nerfbuttons with metaclasses, and dont l2p...)

Maybe the intention is, to get more clicks for more advertising revenue...so go go
Engineer 83+ | White Lion 82+
Alts: SM (60+) / WP (40+)
(Engineer RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Neverever
Posts: 184

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#157 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:53 pm

chovudal wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 pm
Cqengi wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:38 pm
these comments however they are written out, are not wrong. I don't think I need to voice anything else for the engi/magus, however you look at this, this last nerf to engi was cheeky, uncalled for, and lazy. There is no other point of reference to neuter these classes' damage other than the 1 aspect where they can shine (albeit it 1 at a time), city.
-The fact it was labeled a bugfix
-The fact it is based on city damage numbers from 1 magus player and 2-3 engis
-The fact that you nerf an entire class of every spec for every player for every gear level, because of one overperforming ability that you still fail to acknowledge is broken beyond belief (napalm/mist)
-The fact that numbers and evidence themselves do not prove this to you (napalm tooltip 354 vs firebomb tooltip of 604 and napalm still hitting harder?)
-The silence from the devs that implemented this change? no reasoning revealed? no further excuse? The foot that they put first to allow this change is a 'bugfix'. THAT was the best you could do to justify it?

No more words from my part, didnt even realise you allowed napalm/mist to take advantage of engi/mag class mechanic when you made it defendable in an attempt to balance it. To put it simply, you buffed an ability you were trying to nerf, didnt realise, and blamed the entire class for their damage numbers in city, and now nerfed the whole lot. You nerfed acid bomb, you nerfed engis auto attack, you nerfed magus' staff autoattack, you nerfed every ability that didnt need it because of your inability to diagnose correctly.

Sorry but this has to be said in this way, to really make you understand what it is you just did.

I am not against the idea of nerfing engi/magus, but you need to direct that nerf to where it should be.
Word up!

And to all the defenders of the nerf, hope your class gets a nerf of 20% and let me see you crying.
I would be pretty happy with that as long as they buff my other toons as much as they buffed Engi/Magus first. They can even have another %10
Last edited by Neverever on Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Magusar
Posts: 36

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#158 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:54 pm

target mist / napalm adjustments would be nice. People don't like the rest of the builds being affected.
About TB-there's nothing to say,its cancer from live, so its here again. Up for strong, nerf for weak (c).
Lets see how it will be in future.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 85
WH 85
Marauder 84
Sorc 83

Ads
Judaspriest
Banned
Posts: 6

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#159 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:55 pm

- The scenario manager will now try a bit more to get balanced setups.

No, its never work...

User avatar
neutrino
Posts: 184

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#160 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:50 pm

dalen wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:59 am
neutrino wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:04 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am
Image
Bug Fixes

- The damage bonus from daemons now works like the tooltips say, +4% damage per stack up to a maximum of +20%. Previously they gave +5% per stack, up to a maximum of +40%.
Reducing damage by 20% (1/5) for two of the most difficult classes to play in the game is a pile of ****.
Thank you once again for fixing something that wasn't broke.
https://imgur.com/kKn1y5Q
Reducing from 140% damage to 120% damage is a reduction by 1/7, not 1/5. So 14.2%, not 20%.

And if you used for example Daemonic Contract and Bloodlord weapon it is a reduction from 160% damage to 140% damage, so 1/8 or 12.5%.

And that is only assuming you were always on 8 stacks before.

If you averaged around 5 stacks that's a 3.4% damage reduction.
Absolutely awesome - you corrected the math. Now why did you reduce it at all? No one is running around saying Magus is OP - no one is rolling magus as their preferred toon. Everyone for years complained about the classes that we all know about like WL, Slayers, etc. and they still have issue with it. Seem like someone just threw a dart.... No compelling reason if its that low of a damage calculation to touch it at all. Right? How about you give the magus a damage debuff or not having to stand in range of the turret. If dev time is precious and limited I think working on tuning/fixing features of the original game is a better use of those resources. Just an opinion.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AeternusX, Eisboleas and 14 guests