Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nonfactor

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#221 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:54 pm Their potential is extremely high which is largely where balance changes come from (when we're not looking at cinematic videos, which I will note magus didn't even exist in). I suspect being random human glued to a disc wearing a bathrobe has something to do with it. No special mounts, summons random npc's, looks old and frail. Not exactly hitting the power fantasy the rest of the Destro classes prescribe to.
Tchar'zanek is a big demon magus without the disk.

Ads
neutrino

Post#222 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:54 pm
martholomew wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm I'm just trying to understand why making the least desired, least played classes (at least Destruction side) gets such a big nerf and makes it even less desired and less played.
Their potential is extremely high which is largely where balance changes come from (when we're not looking at cinematic videos, which I will note magus didn't even exist in). I suspect being random human glued to a disc wearing a bathrobe has something to do with it. No special mounts, summons random npc's, looks old and frail. Not exactly hitting the power fantasy the rest of the Destro classes prescribe to.
The kinetic energy output by the player base does not match the potential....
It's not played because it has a higher learning curve and a number of restrictions that make it a less desirable class. It's it obvious that a stationary turret mechanic is likely a compelling reason why the class is not favored.

Change was not a bug, no post or bug was posted for high damage output by engi/magus. Magus/Engi is not overwhelming class and its a nerf for no reason - I really don't care if its 1%. Maybe it was fun to code or something. i think that's a better explaination. Shoulda just changed the tooltip.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#223 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Toranes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm

I'll get your refund ready
So 22 sides and nearly everyone said that the engi/magus nerf was not neccessary. Multiple people said it was not a bug, they proved it with patchnotes, so far we have not a single reason why you devs have done that..

After over 10 days can we get the reverse now please?
I've also said it probably shouldn't have been classified as a bug fix, but here we are. It was very much done intentionally (bug fix or balance change/nerf regardless), and the results are significantly less impactful than 10 days of forum complaints would call for, but still, here we are.
And you don't even know why it's less impactful than most/you thought.

It was just a lazy nerf, performed with the precision akin to a officeworker putting out a paper bin fire by calling the fire brigade and hosing down the whole building, and then leaving that small bin still on fire unnoticed in a corner, dusting off his hands and saying "jobs done, bob's your uncle" without looking back.

So you're saying that acid bomb needed a 20% damage bonus potential nerf? Or blunderbuss? Or static discharge? Hmm

-If not, well check again because you DID just
blanket nerf a bunch of already underperforming abilities. And every single one of them.

-If yes, well you know that's bullshit BC you know how much damage they deal.

And to reiterate, that small paper bin is still on fire. That flat damage nerf isn't even enough to fix what you unknowingly broke the patch prior to this one.

martholomew

Post#224 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Well, ALL that above, plus the fact that tons of people have put in legitimate, really good suggestions on making the classes more viable across the board. One example:

Just make every Magus/Engi spec able to rift. It's that simple. That one simple fix, making the rift a baseline ability, would ensure that people would still at least take one or two of the class in warbands for whatever reason....

....and Magi could spec into something besides the shitty melee spec that isn't fun to play.
Magus 40/78

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#225 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:32 pm

Cqengi wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 am
I've also said it probably shouldn't have been classified as a bug fix, but here we are. It was very much done intentionally (bug fix or balance change/nerf regardless), and the results are significantly less impactful than 10 days of forum complaints would call for, but still, here we are.

It was just a lazy nerf, performed with the precision akin to a officeworker putting out a paper bin fire by calling the fire brigade and hosing down the whole building, and then leaving that small bin still on fire unnoticed in a corner, dusting off his hands and saying "jobs done, bob's your uncle" without looking back.

So you're saying that acid bomb needed a 20% damage bonus potential nerf? Or blunderbuss? Or static discharge? Hmm

blanket nerf a bunch of already underperforming abilities. And every single one of them.

And to reiterate, that small paper bin is still on fire. That flat damage nerf isn't even enough to fix what you unknowingly broke the patch prior to this one.
Stories say you are actually the one who attempted to coordinate the changes behind the scenes. Take some responsibility for your own failings and maybe don't act like a jerk if you want the same staff to listen to you in the future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#226 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:32 pm

Stories say you are actually the one who attempted to coordinate the changes behind the scenes. Take some responsibility for your own failings and maybe don't act like a jerk if you want the same staff to listen to you in the future.
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:32 pm

Me? Here's some failing to take responsibility if I've ever seen some. I provided every bit of information I could and it wasn't to favor my class, it was for the opposite purpose.

This isn't my job to take responsibility for it but still did because I knew things nobody did. I was doing it for the better of the server because I've actually done years worth of testing on the class.

I didn't suggest how to fix it in a roundabout way, I laid it out in plain language. (the issue, the solution, how not to solve it)

But some of your team (or whoever) thought they had the better judgement (I know this to be true) and decided to balance their own way. Don't even mention responsibility to me, that is not something I can take responsibility for, even if I spoke the words.

And I've spoken to those those "staff" since, and they still agree with me, I'm not worried about that.

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#227 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm

And don't confuse me with Orontes or some of the people making provocative posts. I never agreed with that way of dealing with things(if you can even call it that). I provided the facts on how it is that such a patch came into being nothing more nothing less. And there isn't a word I've spoken here that isn't the truth

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#228 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Zz I've copy pasted the whole thing when trying to reply cause I wasn't logged in - sorry for that

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#229 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Cqengi wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm And don't confuse me with Orontes or some of the people making provocative posts. I never agreed with that way of dealing with things(if you can even call it that). I provided the facts on how it is that such a patch came into being nothing more nothing less. And there isn't a word I've spoken here that isn't the truth

You are making provocative posts. Maybe calm down and think about whether your well thought out suggestions are going to make a difference rather than attacking the people you want to listen.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#230 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:17 pm
Cqengi wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm And don't confuse me with Orontes or some of the people making provocative posts. I never agreed with that way of dealing with things(if you can even call it that). I provided the facts on how it is that such a patch came into being nothing more nothing less. And there isn't a word I've spoken here that isn't the truth

You are making provocative posts. Maybe calm down and think about whether your well thought out suggestions are going to make a difference rather than attacking the people you want to listen.
I'm defending myself, I won't be told that I need to be responsible for my failings. I am not making any suggestions here, the suggestions I originally put forth were exactly that, well thought out. Like many of the suggestions I put forth and you balanced around on both engi and magus, so I know how to put them out. These were spoken verbally