Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kragg

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#211 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:38 pm

TreefAM wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm
dadlyj wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm Look at this. It's simple.
If engi and magus were op
I'm sure they've all just made up WB in the city.
It's funny how you're just talking about the numbers and the op.
It's simple, good magus/engi get easy spots in city and they do their job.
But the vast majority are just bad, and it's a hard hitting truth to many people
This is just bullshit, and you know it. Pointing towards exceptional players as being the norm is a truelly weird notion.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
zolio
Community Management

Post#212 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Well my fellow Engi's It looks like we got served a giant sh_t sandwich. We have two options. Do we take a bite? Or send it back?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#213 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm

zolio1236 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm Well my fellow Engi's It looks like we got served a giant sh_t sandwich. We have two options. Do we take a bite? Or send it back?
I'll get your refund ready
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

neutrino

Post#214 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:58 am

Kragg wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:38 pm
TreefAM wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm
dadlyj wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm Look at this. It's simple.
If engi and magus were op
I'm sure they've all just made up WB in the city.
It's funny how you're just talking about the numbers and the op.
It's simple, good magus/engi get easy spots in city and they do their job.
But the vast majority are just bad, and it's a hard hitting truth to many people
This is just bullshit, and you know it. Pointing towards exceptional players as being the norm is a truelly weird notion.
Never since playing over 11 years playing war have I ever heard destro in a premade wb say "omg we're **** because of their engi".

To fix this bug because to rectify a tooltip issue and not see that magus/engi are underwhelming with no need to nerf their damage is idiotic.

Please spend limited dev resources to fix lost vale or TOVL or the crap now where people are falling through scen floors. If not, then consider telling the community that dev is really a personal hobby and there's just fun tinkering with code on random things. The community has no right to complain about a free game, however they shouldn't be disenfranchised to think ROR is all about what the community wants. I think the majority of players weren't in favor of this engi/magus change, no one was was complaining, however here we are.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

havartii

Post#215 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 am

Everyone feels strongly about the changes, especially when those changes are made to a class you have spent a lot of time on. Maybe it was your main on Live and you know every nuance to every spec. I really am not surprised by some of the comments on the forums even if some of them seem disrespectful. This is not a game where you can have a jem that turns you into insta 80 and you can just play the meta flavor of the month. My only wish is that I could see the bigger picture, some of the changes seem kind of random. If it said in Patch notes some reasoning behind why those changes were made (even though we are not entitled) It would go a long way to how they are received.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Toranes

Post#216 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
zolio1236 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm Well my fellow Engi's It looks like we got served a giant sh_t sandwich. We have two options. Do we take a bite? Or send it back?
So 22 sides and nearly everyone said that the engi/magus nerf was not neccessary. Multiple people said it was not a bug, they proved it with patchnotes, so far we have not a single reason why you devs have done that..

After over 10 days can we get the reverse now please?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#217 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Toranes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
So 22 sides and nearly everyone said that the engi/magus nerf was not neccessary. Multiple people said it was not a bug, they proved it with patchnotes, so far we have not a single reason why you devs have done that..

After over 10 days can we get the reverse now please?
I've also said it probably shouldn't have been classified as a bug fix, but here we are. It was very much done intentionally (bug fix or balance change/nerf regardless), and the results are significantly less impactful than 10 days of forum complaints would call for, but still, here we are.

wachlarz

Post#218 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Population of dwarfs in this week will be halved.

Ads
martholomew

Post#219 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm

I'm just trying to understand why making the least desired, least played classes (at least Destruction side) gets such a big nerf and makes it even less desired and less played.
Magus 40/78

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#220 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:54 pm

martholomew wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm I'm just trying to understand why making the least desired, least played classes (at least Destruction side) gets such a big nerf and makes it even less desired and less played.
Their potential is extremely high which is largely where balance changes come from (when we're not looking at cinematic videos, which I will note magus didn't even exist in). I suspect being random human glued to a disc wearing a bathrobe has something to do with it. No special mounts, summons random npc's, looks old and frail. Not exactly hitting the power fantasy the rest of the Destro classes prescribe to.