Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 31/03/2021

Post#51 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Zizzelfizz wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm
Zizzelfizz wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm can someone please explain to me why I, as a low level player, cannot do the quest? even in a competition I get zero loot, have been trying to collect 8 shitty paws for 2 hours ...
There's no level requirement for the quest or for the drops. Are you looting the bears you kill?
yes, every bear that I can loot, I loosen, but no paws for me. I have the quest for it
No idea then. It's 100% drop rate. You should get 1 per bear.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#52 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:47 pm
Zizzelfizz wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm

There's no level requirement for the quest or for the drops. Are you looting the bears you kill?
yes, every bear that I can loot, I loosen, but no paws for me. I have the quest for it
No idea then. It's 100% drop rate. You should get 1 per bear.

Looting options set to pass on white/trash/bear paws?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

geezereur

Post#53 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Uncle Paul has gone missing again.

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#54 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:32 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:18 am it's great to see non chaos/emp quests still getting worked on but has this progress been chronological? i started a new greeny yesterday and was unable to complete a few quests in ch1 & 2
Yes, I start from chapter 1 then continue with 2, 3, etc up to 22.
Maybe the quests were bugged because there was an issue with NPC respawns?
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

tazdingo

Post#55 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Lheana wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:32 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:18 am it's great to see non chaos/emp quests still getting worked on but has this progress been chronological? i started a new greeny yesterday and was unable to complete a few quests in ch1 & 2
Yes, I start from chapter 1 then continue with 2, 3, etc up to 22.
Maybe the quests were bugged because there was an issue with NPC respawns?
it was kargil the grim and dryasta we had a few ppl looking for them, but i'll try again now after restart

zulnam

Post#56 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm

So managed to finish the event quest on 5 toons. A few thoughts:

- liked that the first quest was ambiguous in finding Paul, even if i didn't know where the dungeons in IC were and had to ask around (now i do!);
- I REALLY liked the zone where the quest took place; it had heavy DaoC vibes; all the way to the tower Paul was in that had a small ladder. Also it felt like there was a night/day cycle going on? Not sure. The zone was always sunny when I ported in but would turn into night by the time i finished. It really made me wish pvp could happen in other zones than just the lakes, though.
- Was funny that the quest was literally the horrible example Paul was giving when he talked about dynamic quests (actually saw that video again a few weeks ago!). Did anyone send this to him to get a reaction? Think he'd like it ;)
- I think it's not a good idea to have one-day events like this, simply due to how unstable the server or releases can be. Paul and the portal were despawned a few times today. I think 2-3 days similar to the Warfronts is the sweetspot for short events. This way players don't feel the need to rush to get the event done
- in-game Paul, always a plus!
- instant bear zone. Great little gift for Tome hunters who want to get that 1k/10k kill achievement. ;)

Overall I enjoyed the quest line (and really like the cape!). It did point out how wonky the tagging system is in the game (it seemed to me like the person tagging it was not whoever hit it first but whoever aggroed it first?), but hopefully this is something that can be addressed before the big and new questline is released. At least to get a visual queue if the mob is tagged by you or not (or maybe there is one and my UI isn't showing it?)

Nicely done, I rate this event a solid 8/10.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

zmomo

Post#57 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 pm

After 2 days of scenario testing all I have to say is:
- it's nearly impossible to que as solo player(I've tried on healer & dps T1 & T2/T3, I've seen a lot of complaints from T4 also)
- que pop even for a group is really slow and takes around 20min(T2/T3), majority of people can't take it and just leave/log off

I understand that you are trying to balance it but at the moment SCs are kinda unplayable. I'd rather get 6-7 games per hour and get stomped than wait for a SC to pop while alt-tabbing on the internet.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#58 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:04 pm

zulnam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm Overall I enjoyed the quest line (and really like the cape!). It did point out how wonky the tagging system is in the game (it seemed to me like the person tagging it was not whoever hit it first but whoever aggroed it first?), but hopefully this is something that can be addressed before the big and new questline is released. At least to get a visual queue if the mob is tagged by you or not (or maybe there is one and my UI isn't showing it?)
Thanks for the constructive feedback, the reason we had to do it for one day is because it's an April Fool's event, and there's the Eastern Wyvern event right after so we wanted to give that the priority.

Oh and btw, there is no new big questline, it was just a cringe April Fool's joke. However there are other projects that are being worked on!
zmomo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 pm I understand that you are trying to balance it but at the moment SCs are kinda unplayable. I'd rather get 6-7 games per hour and get stomped than wait for a SC to pop while alt-tabbing on the internet.
Many others have a different opinion than you, it's a disappointing loop of equal feedback. Some prefer to wait 15-20 minutes and have a decent 15 minutes fun SC, others like you prefer 5-7 minutes random SCs. The changes that were done recently were because of the loud voices requesting a better SC queue manager even though we warned about the side-effects (longer queue times). I believe Dalen will optimize it better, but let's see how it goes in the weekend with a higher population and more activities.

Ads
slayer10

Post#59 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:28 pm

i am lucky to get 2 mid tier scenarios per hour with a 2/2/2 group. people leaving groups all the time becase of the wait. try telling me this is normal with 800 people online (650 in t2)

no pops -> less people quening -> even less pops -> people who dont like rvr quitting.

people who quened solo before the change and cried about getting stomped now get no pops at all

not everyone likes rvr. people are going to quit over this. i ask for more on /5 and people whisper me if there are any pops at all or they rather not bother. some join then quit after 20 minutes of no pop

there is still time to revert damage done
Last edited by slayer10 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thaodan

Post#60 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:48 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:04 pm owever there are other projects that are being worked on!
zmomo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 pm I understand that you are trying to balance it but at the moment SCs are kinda unplayable. I'd rather get 6-7 games per hour and get stomped than wait for a SC to pop while alt-tabbing on the internet.
Many others have a different opinion than you, it's a disappointing loop of equal feedback. Some prefer to wait 15-20 minutes and have a decent 15 minutes fun SC, others like you prefer 5-7 minutes random SCs. The changes that were done recently were because of the loud voices requesting a better SC queue manager even though we warned about the side-effects (longer queue times). I believe Dalen will optimize it better, but let's see how it goes in the weekend with a higher population and more activities.
Maybe it needs to be tuned on what it can work with e.g. build grps that are good but not perfect if there are not enough players in the pool.
And also show what is in the pool how many players are there eg. show why it takes time.