Ads
eeoo11

Re: Patch Notes 31/03/2021

Post#72 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:37 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:45 am
eeoo11 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 pm
meatcpu wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:11 pm
It says somewhere that it can take 6 months or more

if you got even any answer, fine. There is close to 0 info about what they really search/need. If you ask for more detail info and invite them to talk... nothing. So.. why to bother?

maybe it's patience test.
have you seen movie fight club?
I'm just kidding.

king had answered similar question once.
It's mix of time zone, busy RL and being everyone volunteers.

I think it was talented guy, related to RoR new weapons.
hope you can contribute too.
well, i wrote my offer not as to beg them to help them, I quite busy myself and I wrote them that I'm willing to help, just because I like this game. And if they cannot find 5mins of your time to answer post and there was at least 8 people reading my post, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be part of such team, honestly....

Dabbart

Post#73 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Spoiler:
eeoo11 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:37 pm
well, i wrote my offer not as to beg them to help them, I quite busy myself and I wrote them that I'm willing to help, just because I like this game. And if they cannot find 5mins of your time to answer post and there was at least 8 people reading my post, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be part of such team, honestly....

An account created 25months ago with 4 posts, 3 of which are in this thread, wondering why dev's don't respond to them quicker... Probably because it looks like that is a either a ban evasion acct, or someone who posted literally once(prior to this thread) and they wanted to see who/what type of person/player you are before they made a decision.

"And if they cannot find 5mins of your time to answer post and there was at least 8 people reading my post" you sound Thirsty. 8 whole people read the singular post on your acct(prior to this thread) huh? Wowzers.

I'd rather they spend their personal time on things they A, want to do, B, things that benefit the server, and C, don't burn themselves out; rather than responding to forum posts by 1 post accts. If it wasn't for Wargrim how much actual interaction with the team would this forum even see? And that is ENTIRELY our fault for running off those that tried to interact with us here.
on topic:

Scenarios

- The scenario manager will now keep some players in reserve when creating a scenario, to be able to fill up if players on one side declines the pop.

Why not add a .scstatus command the exact same as .rankedscstatus to show the total queued for each archetype on both sides? Possibly annoying as hell and worthless, with people blacklisting certain SCs, only Qing for PUG scs, and the various premades. But at least it COULD show players the utter lack of X archetype, hopefully encouraging a few to swap to an alt.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

anarchypark

Post#74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 pm

Spoiler:
eeoo11 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 pm

if you got even any answer, fine. There is close to 0 info about what they really search/need. If you ask for more detail info and invite them to talk... nothing. So.. why to bother?

I'm just kidding.

Isn't that what busy means ?
if you saw busy volunteers mess in RL,
not that company running free students sort thing...
maybe it's their loss,
maybe it's dodged bullet.
anyway, enjoy your game.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Bowldancer

Post#75 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:06 am

The patch basically removed scenarios for me.
No idea why we had to go there again.

What about a third queue for those who don't want to wait for hours for that one balanced setup ?

GamesBond wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:04 pm Many others have a different opinion than you, it's a disappointing loop of equal feedback. Some prefer to wait 15-20 minutes and have a decent 15 minutes fun SC, others like you prefer 5-7 minutes random SCs. The changes that were done recently were because of the loud voices requesting a better SC queue manager even though we warned about the side-effects (longer queue times). I believe Dalen will optimize it better, but let's see how it goes in the weekend with a higher population and more activities.

"Loud voices ?". Was there a survey I missed ?
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

eeoo11

Post#76 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 pm
Spoiler:

I'm just kidding.

maybe it's their loss,
anyway, enjoy your game.
no matter who and where runs the show, there's busy not be able write long answer and there's busy not able to find 5mins to say we'll write you in few weeks. second it's close being impolite. which one you think it is? we have saying who want solve something looks for soltions, who doesn't looks for problems. sure they can do whatever they want and lead it whichever way the deem, it may be loss or d.bull. as you wrote.. anyhow sometimes being busy gives you convenient excuse and additional sympathies from folks, who can then overlook some behaviour that wouldn't be acceptable otherwise ;)...

eeoo11

Post#77 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

Dabbart wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm
Spoiler:

An account created 25months ago with 4 posts, 3 of which are in this thread, wondering why dev's don't respond to them quicker... Probably because it looks like that is a either a ban evasion acct, or someone who posted literally once(prior to this thread) and they wanted to see who/what type of person/player you are before they made a decision.

"And if they cannot find 5mins of your time to answer post and there was at least 8 people reading my post" you sound Thirsty. 8 whole people read the singular post on your acct(prior to this thread) huh? Wowzers.

I'd rather they spend their personal time on things they A, want to do, B, things that benefit the server, and C, don't burn themselves out; rather than responding to forum posts by 1 post accts. If it wasn't for Wargrim how much actual interaction with the team would this forum even see? And that is ENTIRELY our fault for running off those that tried to interact with us here.
on topic:

Scenarios

- The scenario manager will now keep some players in reserve when creating a scenario, to be able to fill up if players on one side declines the pop.

Why not add a .scstatus command the exact same as .rankedscstatus to show the total queued for each archetype on both sides? Possibly annoying as hell and worthless, with people blacklisting certain SCs, only Qing for PUG scs, and the various premades. But at least it COULD show players the utter lack of X archetype, hopefully encouraging a few to swap to an alt.
it's on topic, if devs say how much effort it takes and how busy they are

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#78 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 pm

eeoo11 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 am
Spoiler:

maybe it's their loss,
anyway, enjoy your game.
no matter who and where runs the show, there's busy not be able write long answer and there's busy not able to find 5mins to say we'll write you in few weeks. second it's close being impolite. which one you think it is? we have saying who want solve something looks for soltions, who doesn't looks for problems. sure they can do whatever they want and lead it whichever way the deem, it may be loss or d.bull. as you wrote.. anyhow sometimes being busy gives you convenient excuse and additional sympathies from folks, who can then overlook some behaviour that wouldn't be acceptable otherwise ;)...
You sound like an asshole. I think we will pass on working with you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
eeoo11

Post#79 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 pm
eeoo11 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 am

maybe it's their loss,
anyway, enjoy your game.
You sound like an asshole. I think we will pass on working with you.
Nice to meet you. I think the same. Cheers :)