Addon Developer

Re: Patch Notes 07/04/2021

Post#51 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:56 am

yuaa2 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:54 am
sullemunk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:45 am
yuaa2 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:42 am reset button in scoreboard don`t work
Are you warband leader?
yep, ask 2 more wb leaders, its not work for everyone
Where they the "original" warband creators, or was the lead passed to them?
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Fenris78

Post#52 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:44 am

New scoreboard is sick, thanks ! I know now how much damage and protection I can pull out with more granularity than raidmeter, and for all activities, neat !

Glad to see the (finally) reworked contrib system in Forts, I spoke last year with Yalishka who told me the system in fort was very hard to adapt to the same as others, many thanks for your hard work wich is now going to fruition !

I can now win bags with my SM just doing my job now, instead of finishing 100th every time because I cant hit as hard as other dps...
Tested on patch day, mostly just hitting and debuffing/protecting allies on Fortress Lord, got top damage, top protection on my wb scoreboard, and finished 1st of the zone !

Very glad for bags on loser side, it was really frustrating to know you wont get anything outside of the pity 2 crests... Now you can still only got one for losing, but more bags on defense means more chance to win more than 2 still. Pretty fair !

wonshot

Post#53 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm

Feedback for the scoreboard:
Ran in a closed warband yestyerday in eu prime. The scoreboard is amazing, but it did feel like it creats alot more freeze-spikes where all players around you stop moving and then the game catches up (ive been able to do largescale battles just fine before this patch and havnt had those spikes in over a year)

Reset key is not working, we tried it yesterday after reforming the warband after a long 10min break with alot of relogs and reshuffling people in/out. The orginal leader tried, and others tried when passed lead. didnt work.

tried it just now in a 2man fort push group, as the leader after the fort the reset key still didnt work.

Any chance we can get a server setting option to turn these number trackings on/off, in case they do create this intence lagspikes?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

stavoz

Post#54 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:05 pm

seeing zones lock with only 2 flags and timers not at 0

dalen
Developer

Post#55 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:12 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm Feedback for the scoreboard:
Ran in a closed warband yestyerday in eu prime. The scoreboard is amazing, but it did feel like it creats alot more freeze-spikes where all players around you stop moving and then the game catches up (ive been able to do largescale battles just fine before this patch and havnt had those spikes in over a year)

Reset key is not working, we tried it yesterday after reforming the warband after a long 10min break with alot of relogs and reshuffling people in/out. The orginal leader tried, and others tried when passed lead. didnt work.

tried it just now in a 2man fort push group, as the leader after the fort the reset key still didnt work.

Any chance we can get a server setting option to turn these number trackings on/off, in case they do create this intence lagspikes?
Found the issue with the reset, it was only working in groups and not in warbands, fix incoming later.

The lag caused by it should be extremely small. Basically it isn't really doing anything until you open the scoreboard window, then it parses out all the stats. But with the window closed it doesn't do much at all.

The update interval is once per 10 seconds.
Source Developer

Aethilmar

Post#56 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:06 am
havartii wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm "Cleansing a DoT now counts as protection on scoreboards. The value is the remaining non-crit damage of the DoT."

I see where this is coming from BUT the one thing that tanks have over the other classes is, theoretically, the ability to win the "protection" scoreboard. However, the more things you define as "protection" that are accessible to other classes means an increasing chance that tanks don't even have that.

For example, damage mitigated by detaunt counts as protection. I have been able to rack up a few thousand protection points on my MDPS by detaunting and I have seen WP rack up much more substantial protection scores (100k+) over the course of SCs.

So now there is yet another avenue by which tanks can be outperformed by another class in one of their key metrics.
I agree, I am not sure how they could make it count as something else though. Some heal build like zealot/ruine can have huge amounts of protection already. I guess we will have to see how much the cleanse counts for in practice. It would be sad to see the Tanks not get a bonus in the only thing left for them on the scoreboard.

top scoreboard is basically competition with everyone.
guard swap to focused target.
smart challenge to get more enemies in radius.
just do your job properly and healers won't have to detaunt much.

but my first advice would be : don't play scoreboard. ( unless farming top score emblem )
it's fun addition, doesn't always equal best play.

it doesn't calculate brain activity - positioning, strategy, kite and CC.
though it may lead more scores,
just play your best and it'll follow like gear and rr.
Rewards are tied to the metrics and rng.

Classes are adjusted based on metrics and anecdotes.

People change how they play based on metrics and feedback.

The numbers are important even if they don't necessarily reflect best gameplay.

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#57 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:54 pm

Double renown doesnt seem to work in t4 nordenwatch sc, after latest server reset.

Edit: it works.

DiMakss

Post#58 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Nordenwatch loads almost instantly, is this a new feature?

Ads
nat3s

Post#59 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 am

This feels like an invader nerf for sub 80s if you lose right? Invaders nerfed from 2 > 1, chance of a bag increased to 56% ish based on a full fort in EU prime with c300 people. Assuming white bags are shards and green is 1 medallion, I would imagine the chance to get the same number of medallions (2) as pre patch is probably sub 50%?

I'd love to hear the actual numbers from the devs, is this a flat nerf for sub 80s to buff 80+?
Last edited by nat3s on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Loans

Post#60 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:29 am

DiMakss wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:18 pm Nordenwatch loads almost instantly, is this a new feature?
Though sometimes you can be stucked during loading screen when you start the game, I have to crash at least 2 times before I can access to the game