Ads

Patch Notes 07/04/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Satirico

Re: Patch Notes 07/04/2021

Post#31 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Fortresses

The contribution system in forts has been revamped and now shares code with the city contribution system.

Instead of being a shared loot roll for both realms, it will be separate rolls for both realms, but with lesser bag types for the loosing side.

The number of bags have been increased significantly, especially the blue/green/white bag variants. Previously a full population fort would drop 40 bags in total, now a full fort will give 170 bags in total spread over both realms. This means that if you already have full invader, but you contribute enough in a fort you will have a much higher chance to win a bag that contains royal crests.

The base rewards for winning a fort is now 4 invader crests and the base reward for loosing is 1 invader crest, however both sides will get more loot bags than before if they contribute enough.

The renown tick for winning a fort has been reduced, but the kills in a fort will give more renown than before. Forts count as battlefield objectives for the Field of Glory buff now.

Opting out of bags is now supported in forts.

It means NA Destro will get invaders after 80 now once the fortress in NA time is only order pve. Having to face a scenary of 150-120 orders against 60-40 destro. At least you could increase the invaders inside bags in rvr lake. Other thing that should be look into is the fact that fortresses actually are almost impossible to be defended. I don't remember the last time Destruction have defended a fortress. On NA time it's have been months already. So those who still playing on destro, instead to be motivated to go fort just leave it, and now there is less motivation once we will earn less renown and less invader. You think is it possible to face 140 orders while we have only 2 wbs?
i'm not saying this bag ideas are bad at all, but why change the mechanic of earning invader crests? You guys just saw the balance inside change and not in the real situation inside fortress.
My sugestion is: implement this bag system, good, nice. Keep the invaders crest (6 win and 3 losing) and renown as before.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#32 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Very nice changes(even though they don't directly influence me). One thing that would need to be aware of is the "statitis". When people with worse gear, irrespective of their skill, have worse scores. This shouldn't mean anything, but knowing people, it will. Hope I am wrong.

(As for me...it would take a titanic effort to make my part of Malleus more...better. Once...perhaps)

yuaa2

Post#33 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:05 pm

new scoreboard need a column "time in WB"

geezereur

Post#34 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Scenarios

- The previous changes to keep players in reserve have been disabled and scenarios will now be filled up with any archetypes available in the queue. So the pops should be faster, but the archetype composition might not be balanced.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVE YOU GUYS.

agemennon675

Post#35 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm "Cleansing a DoT now counts as protection on scoreboards. The value is the remaining non-crit damage of the DoT."

I see where this is coming from BUT the one thing that tanks have over the other classes is, theoretically, the ability to win the "protection" scoreboard. However, the more things you define as "protection" that are accessible to other classes means an increasing chance that tanks don't even have that.

For example, damage mitigated by detaunt counts as protection. I have been able to rack up a few thousand protection points on my MDPS by detaunting and I have seen WP rack up much more substantial protection scores (100k+) over the course of SCs.

So now there is yet another avenue by which tanks can be outperformed by another class in one of their key metrics.
I agree with you and if this protection score affects contribution calculations its really bad for tanks, healers already god a seperate scoreboard for their effords amount of heals, why not add these clense or self absorbs from healers to the healing tab ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Opeteh

Post#36 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:36 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 pm Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

- Cleansing a DoT now counts as protection on scoreboards. The value is the remaining non-crit damage of the DoT.
Unkillable Doks/WP weren't top score in this last category, hence the change. ;)
Nah, stop being salty you filthy light armored, 3 min AOE detaunt cooldowned, cast setback sentitive zealots/rune priests, they say you can cast a few single target heals while running!
We gave you a Group/Warband Scoreboard so that you see how you suck in comparison on even more occasions!

p.s. good changes overall
Last edited by Opeteh on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

geezereur

Post#37 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Instant pop in mid tier scenarios feelsgoodman

terawatt

Post#38 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Nice changes, keep the good job up guys !:)

Ads
Nebuchadnezzar

Post#39 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:59 pm Think you missed this part:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 pm Instead of being a shared loot roll for both realms, it will be separate rolls for both realms, but with lesser bag types for the loosing side.
Oops, my bad evidently I didn't get enough sleep last night. That makes it better, and I like how it adds more of an incentive to actually try when defending rather than just standing on flags for a bit to get on the board and then picking your nose waiting for the attackers to push. I guess drawing the parallel to a city stage the numbers seem pretty reasonable. Interested to try it out for sure

nebelwerfer

Post#40 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Niiice!!!

Still biggest qol change for RVR would be to enable fortress rally flags and or rally calls for people who get reservations. But very nice patch!