Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 07/04/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Artighur

Re: Patch Notes 07/04/2021

Post#21 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:51 pm

This looks like a really good patch, increasing the fort rewards was sorely needed! Thanks :)
Artighor - WL 40/7x - Warband Leader for Vanguard Elite
Streaming Thursdays to Sundays nights (EST) at http://twitch.tv/artighur

Ads
Nebuchadnezzar

Post#22 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:56 pm

awmc82 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:25 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 pm 1 crest for losing a fort, even less reason to be a Destro in NA time.
LOL did you even read that you have a higher chance of bags now which means you can actually get more....Kids always find something to cry about.
Because the bags are split across realms most of those will be going to the fort winners who are better able to get more contribution from kills, PvE damage etc. While I haven't seen numbers I think it's pretty likely the losing side will be seeing fewer medallions overall. In NA prime time/evenings when Destro forts are often getting stomped with AAO for the defenders I think a lot of them will be walking away with 1 medallion now with little they can do about it.

I really like the direction of making contribution more significant in forts, but getting only a single medallion sounds pretty demotivating to me. Maybe keep the 2 medallions but reduce the total number of bags available? Not sure how you do this without increasing the overall medallion gain too much

Group scoreboard is an awesome feature too. Great updates and thanks for the continued work :)

dalen
Developer

Post#23 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:59 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:56 pm
awmc82 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:25 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 pm 1 crest for losing a fort, even less reason to be a Destro in NA time.
LOL did you even read that you have a higher chance of bags now which means you can actually get more....Kids always find something to cry about.
Because the bags are split across realms most of those will be going to the fort winners who are better able to get more contribution from kills, PvE damage etc. While I haven't seen numbers I think it's pretty likely the losing side will be seeing fewer medallions overall. In NA prime time/evenings when Destro forts are often getting stomped with AAO for the defenders I think a lot of them will be walking away with 1 medallion now with little they can do about it.
Think you missed this part:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 pm Instead of being a shared loot roll for both realms, it will be separate rolls for both realms, but with lesser bag types for the loosing side.
Source Developer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:05 pm

Really awesome patch => cant wait to check how the cleanse-track and the grp/wb scoreboard works.

Aethilmar

Post#25 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm

"Cleansing a DoT now counts as protection on scoreboards. The value is the remaining non-crit damage of the DoT."

I see where this is coming from BUT the one thing that tanks have over the other classes is, theoretically, the ability to win the "protection" scoreboard. However, the more things you define as "protection" that are accessible to other classes means an increasing chance that tanks don't even have that.

For example, damage mitigated by detaunt counts as protection. I have been able to rack up a few thousand protection points on my MDPS by detaunting and I have seen WP rack up much more substantial protection scores (100k+) over the course of SCs.

So now there is yet another avenue by which tanks can be outperformed by another class in one of their key metrics.

phononHYPE

Post#26 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:35 pm

These seem like some great changes over all. The separate rolls for each side in forts are my favorite part by far. That was way over-due - Thanks Dev team.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Evilest

Post#27 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Is the scorecard damage broken? I hit alord for a while, and it's just says 2,835 ..

Evilest

Post#28 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:44 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm I see where this is coming from BUT the one thing that tanks have over the other classes is, theoretically, the ability to win the "protection" scoreboard. However, the more things you define as "protection" that are accessible to other classes means an increasing chance that tanks don't even have that.
Well, to a degree something similar happens with AOE vs ST damage.

Ads
cboy

Post#29 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Evilest wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:44 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm I see where this is coming from BUT the one thing that tanks have over the other classes is, theoretically, the ability to win the "protection" scoreboard. However, the more things you define as "protection" that are accessible to other classes means an increasing chance that tanks don't even have that.
Well, to a degree something similar happens with AOE vs ST damage.
ive seen BO and SM top healing charts as well..

vindicuss

Post#30 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Collision wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm Great RvR change.

Did you worry about new players would be easily kicked out of wb due to low score ?
Absolutely, and they should be kicked since they are contributing very little to the warband, a waste of spot, either you are pro or a noob.

But being for real, there will be now a chance of noticing who's lacking upgrades and advices in certain areas, you could help out someone who's doing low damage, teach him the ways to kill.
Last edited by vindicuss on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.