Weekend Warfront: Howling for Blood
The war-scarred landscape of Black Crag rings once again with the sounds of battle as Order and Destruction forces descend upon the Howling Gorge. Here among the labyrinthine gorges, the struggle for control of a vital pass of ancient Karak Drazh threatens to flood the canyon with the blood of the fallen.
This weekend Howling for Blood will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Howling Gorge scenario.
New scenario mechanic
The Howling Gorge scenario has been changed to a tug of war mechanic, like Gromril Crossing and Battle for Praag. The old bomb run mechanic was not very popular, and we feel that this new mechanic will make better use of this map.
Realm versus Realm
Specializations Trainers have been added to the spawn areas. They allow you to change to another spec of the same archetype as you currently have.
See multi spec section below for more details.
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes
- Deflect oil now works properly as a channeled ability
A multi spec system has been added. This allows you to save and load builds when talking to a trainer NPC.
A build consists of mastery training, renown training, morale setup, tactics setup & hot bar setup.
We are working on a nicer UI for it for a later patch, but here is how it looks now. The numbers are the mastery points in each of the mastery trees.
Hotfix #1 - 2021-04-17
- Fixed issue causing trainers to disappear when multi-spec system is active.
- The "Reinforce War Engine" healer renown ability is implemented.
- You will now get into combat when fighting NPCs in city sieges, you still don't generate morale, but this makes for example the Choppa & Slayer mechanic work.
- Abilities that affect friendly targets can now be used on friendly NPCs as well.
- Fixed issue causing adds spawns in dungeons to be level 1.
- Changed Howling Gorge back to 12 vs 12 instead of 18 vs 18.
- Reeenabled the multi-spec feature
Hotfix #2 - 2021-04-17
- Fixed a settings issue causing multiple problems, most notably missing bag rolls in RvR
- Rams now have 10x more health and take 10x more incoming damage, so the 750 heal ability is no longer healing quite as much as before.
- Fixed crafting trainers