Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 15/04/2021

Post#1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Howling for Blood

The war-scarred landscape of Black Crag rings once again with the sounds of battle as Order and Destruction forces descend upon the Howling Gorge. Here among the labyrinthine gorges, the struggle for control of a vital pass of ancient Karak Drazh threatens to flood the canyon with the blood of the fallen.

This weekend Howling for Blood will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Howling Gorge scenario.

New scenario mechanic

The Howling Gorge scenario has been changed to a tug of war mechanic, like Gromril Crossing and Battle for Praag. The old bomb run mechanic was not very popular, and we feel that this new mechanic will make better use of this map.
Spoiler:

Realm versus Realm
Ranked Scenarios

Specializations Trainers have been added to the spawn areas. They allow you to change to another spec of the same archetype as you currently have.

See multi spec section below for more details.

Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

- Deflect oil now works properly as a channeled ability

User Interface
Multi spec

A multi spec system has been added. This allows you to save and load builds when talking to a trainer NPC.

A build consists of mastery training, renown training, morale setup, tactics setup & hot bar setup.

We are working on a nicer UI for it for a later patch, but here is how it looks now. The numbers are the mastery points in each of the mastery trees.
Spoiler:
Note: There's a bit of a delay in the client before it recognizes new abilities you have learnt. So to get correct hot bar position for them you might need to load the spec twice. This is something we hope so solve in a future

Hotfixes
Hotfix #1 - 2021-04-17

- Fixed issue causing trainers to disappear when multi-spec system is active.
- The "Reinforce War Engine" healer renown ability is implemented.
- You will now get into combat when fighting NPCs in city sieges, you still don't generate morale, but this makes for example the Choppa & Slayer mechanic work.
- Abilities that affect friendly targets can now be used on friendly NPCs as well.
- Fixed issue causing adds spawns in dungeons to be level 1.
- Changed Howling Gorge back to 12 vs 12 instead of 18 vs 18.
- Reeenabled the multi-spec feature

Hotfix #2 - 2021-04-17

- Fixed a settings issue causing multiple problems, most notably missing bag rolls in RvR
- Rams now have 10x more health and take 10x more incoming damage, so the 750 heal ability is no longer healing quite as much as before.
- Fixed crafting trainers

Ads
Paxsanarion

Re: Patch Notes 15/04/2021

Post#2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Multi-Spec - super awesome! Thank you!

Delegator

Post#3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Cool idea on the multi-specs. Having to pay for respeccing is so counter-productive in other games, so I've always liked that respecs are free here. This makes it even more helpful when you want to have the best setup for a group.

Krima

Post#4 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

tazdingo

Post#5 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:02 pm

so happy for the deflect oil fix, i missed being able to bash my shield indefinitely

Zhentarim

Post#6 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:06 pm

Very nice, I will make use of that Multi-spec.

I wish we could have signatures in warhammer just like there is in Path of Exile for example. Were you can put a message of what you need. We have the membernote in guildlist that can serve that purpose but it would be nice with something similar in friendlist so when people hover their mouse over your name they can see the message and what you need etc.

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Delegator wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm Cool idea on the multi-specs. Having to pay for respeccing is so counter-productive in other games, so I've always liked that respecs are free here. This makes it even more helpful when you want to have the best setup for a group.
Free re-spec is actually pretty new in-game. I use to blow ~20g a day respecing, and when it went free I was estatic.

OP: Multi-spec is damn nice, thanks Devs! Also, though I didn't mind it, thanks for the change to the SC, good to see you guys trying to keep things fresh. And I think I can speak for all of us when I say, Defelct Oil - About time! ;D
Last edited by phononHYPE on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Barboo

Post#8 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Multispec *orgasm*

Ads
normanis

Post#9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:09 pm

wow multi spec and deflect oil. nice :)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

wonshot

Post#10 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Good quality patch.
Seems alot of the bugs with "two weeks ultimatimatum" on bugtracker is not getting corrected, is there anything going on with bugboy missing or whats the situation with bugreporting?

Thanks for your time and efforts as always.
Maybe there are not so many class and "ballance" changes as of late, but the game is still improving with these changes you guys are pulling off, really nice to see.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO