Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#181 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:07 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm
nonfactor wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm Image
Destro playing order out of protest? Shocking. Maybe that'll teach us!
Sir, your posts are often disrespectful and biased against Destro community. I don't track who is who in Devs/GMs area but I know you are important and have a lot to say when it comes to balance . And this worries me.
I don't discriminate between Destro or Order. How dArE you assume my faction.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Opeteh

Post#182 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:14 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Sir, your posts are often disrespectful and biased against Destro community. I don't track who is who in Devs/GMs area but I know you are important and have a lot to say when it comes to balance . And this worries me.
I don't discriminate between Destro or Order. How dArE you assume my faction.
Your post that Destro play on the nose of devs was rude and there is no facts to support that. This is may be the way you think about that faction. And that worries me.
Last edited by Opeteh on Thu May 20, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

zulnam

Post#183 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:14 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm Image
Very well put.

Also, you know a balance proposal has been well thought out and thoroughly discussed when the Realm Champions start pointing fingers at one another the first day of the patch. A patch that somehow seems to negatively affect one side more than the other.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

agemennon675

Post#184 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm

How one becomes a RC what is the requirements ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Elvicof

Post#185 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:20 pm

So to bring cdr and cdi order has to bring a slayer and a sm. Destro have to bring mSH and choppa.

I know which combo i would choose. Order have room for another dps like a wl with interupt. Destro just dont have that luxury if you want both skills
Moonlapse and VII

Wintersun666

Post#186 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:22 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm How one becomes a RC what is the requirements ?
Playing a KOTB without 15% healing aura,use Shield Wall instead of Bellow and run Str Aura and Damage Aura

IZI

havartii

Post#187 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:23 pm

If you keep trying the same things expecting different results , you are in fact insane. Best option is to try something different :o
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#188 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:24 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm How one becomes a RC what is the requirements ?
No marks on your record. Exceptional ability to write balance proposals and hold civil discussions about complex balance topics. That's about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
zulnam

Post#189 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:26 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Spoiler:
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm

do any of the realm champions play a black ork? would they keep on playing it? is it BIS? as it played at the highest level for extended period of time? :)

You can say Blacks orcs aren't gutted as much as you like but doesnt make it true

Removed THC from snb
Nerfed its GCD and morale pump whilst buffing mirror

Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility

IB got buffed to rival SM, SM got buffed again

There is a difference in how balance is handled between the factions and has been for last few years... To think CF and WW is on a equal footing is very misleading, time to level my SM 8-)
Xergon, Sulorie, Carthage the original 3 RC for destro had 3-4 months for counter proposals. Xergon posted few sentences once per 2 months before removal due to lack of participation and gathering feedback from Destro, unlike Rydiak and myself did publicity offering to get feedback. Carthage had RL and had to go AWOL. They were there to give proposals and counter proposals from community feedback and none were given other than comments. Their participation was nearly nil.

Overall RoR Staff makes decisions not RC. Take it up with Destro experienced RC why they didn’t counter propose for 4 months and debate topics over being silent.

Everyone has opinions such as myself, you, other players and staff. No patch or idea will be perfect. Things will always change for one side or another.

Remember SW buff lasted 48 hours while SH got to hold theirs for 6 months. Just move on and play the game if choose to keep going and keep giving feedback to RC, whoever they might be rather than complain patch day.
Hold on big boi... indeed i did not participate in spamming every thread how good every proposals were, in most i was interested in i stated my view and i had no need to post in every thread 10-15 times (if i knew im expected to do that from the start i would not join RC at all), agreeing with each other how good those proposals are and so on... I viewed my opinion clearly and it was not welcomed. Its ok, now some ppl have totally free hand of doing as they please. Some ppl wanted me out for reasons not connected with balance at all (or maybe because i was obstacle to those), and they succeeded.

Maybe next time spam a little so that we don't get mirror nerfed while Rampage is still a one-way ability?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Spellbound

Post#190 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Spoiler:
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm

do any of the realm champions play a black ork? would they keep on playing it? is it BIS? as it played at the highest level for extended period of time? :)

You can say Blacks orcs aren't gutted as much as you like but doesnt make it true

Removed THC from snb
Nerfed its GCD and morale pump whilst buffing mirror

Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility

IB got buffed to rival SM, SM got buffed again

There is a difference in how balance is handled between the factions and has been for last few years... To think CF and WW is on a equal footing is very misleading, time to level my SM 8-)
Xergon, Sulorie, Carthage the original 3 RC for destro had 3-4 months for counter proposals. Xergon posted few sentences once per 2 months before removal due to lack of participation and gathering feedback from Destro, unlike Rydiak and myself did publicity offering to get feedback. Carthage had RL and had to go AWOL. They were there to give proposals and counter proposals from community feedback and none were given other than comments. Their participation was nearly nil.

Overall RoR Staff makes decisions not RC. Take it up with Destro experienced RC why they didn’t counter propose for 4 months and debate topics over being silent.

Everyone has opinions such as myself, you, other players and staff. No patch or idea will be perfect. Things will always change for one side or another.

Remember SW buff lasted 48 hours while SH got to hold theirs for 6 months. Just move on and play the game if choose to keep going and keep giving feedback to RC, whoever they might be rather than complain patch day.
Hold on big boi... indeed i did not participate in spamming every thread how good every proposals were, in most i was interested in i stated my view and i had no need to post in every thread 10-15 times (if i knew im expected to do that from the start i would not join RC at all), agreeing with each other how good those proposals are and so on... I viewed my opinion clearly and it was not welcomed. Its ok, now some ppl have totally free hand of doing as they please. Some ppl wanted me out for reasons not connected with balance at all (or maybe because i was obstacle to those), and they succeeded.

While i did agreed with what u were aiming for i did not agreed with path u took to achieve it.

And yes RC dont do balance on their own but they do have impact on reviewing and proposing changes. But if some ppl have enough IQ will understand how some changes made through fully.
I used a open alliance channel for Balance to gather feedback. Rydiak had his own WP/DoK council that included Dalen. Most of feedback is not my own. Our “task” was to gather and submit what we think is best and topics staff wants heard. What did others do to gather?

Again I didn’t get what all I suggested, but I don’t make decisions and we debate topics they want heard. Not just 2-3 players chatting.

If you didn’t want to be on council, I’m not sure why 4 months got wasted in that slot. It’s not the end of the world and it’s a free game. Next balance cycle I’m sure more comments be made.