Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lolwut

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#211 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am

Imagine turning blork in a tank less desirable than a black guard in just one patch...

Considering how undesirable black guards really are, color me impressed.
Ain't Nobody Gafflin Me.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#212 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 am

Evilest wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:45 pm
Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:39 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm
WE, Blashpemy is not the biggest problem. WE debuffs apply on chance to hit, not executions. Not to mention Witchbrew. There's a reason WEs can solo in RVR, and WHs need to hunt in packs.
I stopped reading after this BS.
I honestly can't think of what can be removed WE that'd make more mediocre than it currently is.
I've been looking and...WE has like 1 build, just with different things taken(ALWAYS Witchbrew though)! Don't matter whether it is solo PvE, small scale PvP, RvR...it's always the same. 0 / 13 / 9 . WH, otoh, has at least THREE builds. Confession heavy is for solo PvE, Inquisition heavy is for group PvE, Judgment heavy is for small scale - ganks, Judge + Conf is RvR and Judge + Inq is another small scale option. Conf + Inq...idk. I use something like that for solo.

There's no denying that.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#213 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am

lolwut wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am Imagine turning blork in a tank less desirable than a black guard in just one patch...

Competition is great!
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Winry

Post#214 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 am

lolwut wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am Imagine turning blork in a tank less desirable than a black guard in just one patch...

At least now BG have a chance to join a city WB instead of having 6 BO's

Sulorie

Post#215 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 am

I made it clear several times, what happens with CDR on a dps class.
That it affects a realm as a whole and isn't balanced at all, because in that case it doesn't matter whether both realms have 1x CDR on paper.
The feedback was there, that this change will cause problems.
But I think the whole "you said this, and you did that" doesn't belong here.
Dying is no option.

Kesslik

Post#216 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:53 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 am
I've been looking and...WE has like 1 build, just with different things taken(ALWAYS Witchbrew though)! Don't matter whether it is solo PvE, small scale PvP, RvR...it's always the same. 0 / 13 / 9 . WH, otoh, has at least THREE builds. Confession heavy is for solo PvE, Inquisition heavy is for group PvE, Judgment heavy is for small scale - ganks, Judge + Conf is RvR and Judge + Inq is another small scale option. Conf + Inq...idk. I use something like that for solo.

There's no denying that.
You can do well with a carnage based pierce armor/oyk build that works well in cities, small scale pvp, and scens. There is no useful build for rvr 24 man warbands though where any other dps class period won't do better, be more useful, or provide more group utility. Even witch hunters provide more use in rvr and cities, sadly, and they aren't all that great either.

Dondabon

Post#217 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:56 am

Good to see that this whole Realm Champion thing worked very well.

Our champs are not biased at all, all champs are picked as people that play both sides equally, they don't fight within themselves, but for the good of the realm and the biggest criteria is knowledge of the game, deep understanding and at least few years in game.

Someone would think it would be bad that they were seeing this as opportunity fight realm vs realm outside of the game, win fights before they even start with balance.
Also it would be bad if we picked players with "perfect history on forums", where those players never stated opinion that is in contrast with dev team.

Luckily it is not the case here, we have true champions indeed!
Zealot 84, Sorc 83, BG 83, WP 50+

Strakar

Post#218 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 am

I do give destro players a lot of credit, when they were pushing city everyday with 60/40 pop split every other thread was order whining. Now that IC burns every night, I don't see destro on the forums nearly as much.

Only change that I'll comment on is BO. As a SM, they mirror us fairly close and to get WW improved while BO loses their class defining skill seems like a major swing in power.

Balance is really tough in this game because no class is an exact mirror, you need to factor zerg and small team battle effectiveness, and you also have to balance what is available to the entire realm.

I think the biggest balance question marks for me seems to be why destro can't push a fort to save their lives and propping up some classes who have zero desirability in end game content.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#219 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 am

Kesslik wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:53 am
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 am

There's no denying that.
You can do well with a carnage based pierce armor/oyk build that works well in cities, small scale pvp, and scens. There is no useful build for rvr 24 man warbands though where any other dps class period won't do better, be more useful, or provide more group utility. Even witch hunters provide more use in rvr and cities, sadly, and they aren't all that great either.
But why would you though? It's a strictly worse version of Heavy Confession build. Better to stick to 0 / 13 / 9 and to modify that based around activity you plan doing. WEs are fun, period. But, damn they are underperforming from a design perspective, not necessarily in field though. As you said, even WHs are better lol. Both are super fun though(I'd just move Sanctified Bullets and its WE equivalent down to the first mastery tactic slot - the sooner you get that, the sooner you start having real fun).

Warblorc

Post#220 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am

Competition is great!
Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO