Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#431 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm
Bug Fixes

- Terrifying Vision Removing the erroneous Soul Essence gained from use.

...May have been erroneously added by Mythic in the past, removing it to clean things up.
I would love to heard why/how you decided that this was a Myctic error....I assume that the argument of "have been like this for the last 20 years" only apply to rampage...

Nerfing 1 hability that have been working for years and isnt gamebreaking in any way...only because WP doesnt have it, at leats be honest and say it CLEARLY...THIS ABILITY WAS NERFED TO MIRROR WP.

Now i assume that in the next patch that Exalted defenses and sigmars grace will be removed too...that 2 habilities MAY BE ANOTHER MYTHIC ERRORS...¿?¿?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#432 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 pm

emiliorv wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Bug Fixes

...May have been erroneously added by Mythic in the past, removing it to clean things up.
I would love to heard why/how you decided that this was a Myctic error....I assume that the argument of "have been like this for the last 20 years" only apply to rampage...

Nerfing 1 hability that have been working for years and isnt gamebreaking in any way...only because WP doesnt have it, at leats be honest and say it CLEARLY...THIS ABILITY WAS NERFED TO MIRROR WP.

Now i assume that in the next patch that Exalted defenses and sigmars grace will be removed too...that 2 habilities MAY BE ANOTHER MYTHIC ERRORS...¿?¿?
We're not randomly calling out Mythic for stuff, it's easy enough to see in client construction when something is weird. There happens to be thousands of abilities and we don't look at them simultaneously as that would be impossible. You sound a bit unhinged, try having some breakfast or talking a walk. I hear that helps.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kheriell

Post#433 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 pm
emiliorv wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Bug Fixes

We're not randomly calling out Mythic for stuff, it's easy enough to see in client construction when something is weird. There happens to be thousands of abilities and we don't look at them simultaneously as that would be impossible. You sound a bit unhinged, try having some breakfast or talking a walk. I hear that helps.
speaking of which, Mythic made something great in intro trailer of Warhammer online, giving 2 blades to SW for assault stance, when you will give us the 2nd blade ? :D

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#434 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:56 pm
speaking of which, Mythic made something great in intro trailer of Warhammer online, giving 2 blades to SW for assault stance, when you will give us the 2nd blade ? :D
We actually spent a fair amount of time working on this but failed to do so in a method that felt right.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Powell

Post#435 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:34 pm

Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:33 pm
Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm
Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:44 pm

didn't knew that everyones was sleeping the same time on Earth ... damn !!! another proof that Earth is flat :lol:
I mean it was at the anti-peak server time when there were about 200-300 people online. But I suppose you are impervious to logic.
i'm not impervious to this logic m8, i mean that ppl playing this timezone, are allowed to do 5 stars city too, even if ur not ok with that ;)
I don't think I indicated anywhere in my post where "I wasn't okay with it." Just was a matter of fact. I wouldn't call it a good scientific test of the patch if only one side is online and they are essentially pvdooring. Again just seems logical and baseline knowledge for testing anything really.

Being disingenuous about data isn't going to help either side make any good decisions.

Kheriell

Post#436 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:44 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm
Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:56 pm
We actually spent a fair amount of time working on this but failed to do so in a method that felt right.
wow, seriously, ur working on it ? damn, i was joking but hell, if this happen ... would be really great :shock:

Kheriell

Post#437 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:34 pm
Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:33 pm
Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm

I mean it was at the anti-peak server time when there were about 200-300 people online. But I suppose you are impervious to logic.
i'm not impervious to this logic m8, i mean that ppl playing this timezone, are allowed to do 5 stars city too, even if ur not ok with that ;)
I don't think I indicated anywhere in my post where "I wasn't okay with it." Just was a matter of fact. I wouldn't call it a good scientific test of the patch if only one side is online and they are essentially pvdooring. Again just seems logical and baseline knowledge for testing anything really.

Being disingenuous about data isn't going to help either side make any good decisions.
the actual problem is that in EU primetime and most of US prime too, it's PVE doortime for order against destro too ...

Delegator

Post#438 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm the actual problem is that in EU primetime and most of US prime too, it's PVE doortime for order against destro too ...
Agree completely. But I think that the GM comments show clearly that open RVR is not a consideration. It is only about ranked scenarios and city. So, go ahead and throw the keeps and fort to get to city faster, because that is the focus of the game.

Ads
Kheriell

Post#439 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Delegator wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm
Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm the actual problem is that in EU primetime and most of US prime too, it's PVE doortime for order against destro too ...
Agree completely. But I think that the GM comments show clearly that open RVR is not a consideration. It is only about ranked scenarios and city. So, go ahead and throw the keeps and fort to get to city faster, because that is the focus of the game.
to be honest, it could be fun to have real fight before cities ... if only the xrealm cooldown would be longer, it could help i think, i can be wrong ...

Brutinho

Post#440 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 am
Brutinho wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:53 am Realm Champions
There have been a lot of talks about the champions, from what I can take from it is that, unfortunately, it was poorly organized or purposely mishandled.

Back when it was announced, the language used to describe how the RCs will work was that devs would choose RCs from a group of players with experience in their own classes. They would give their input and voice their concerns in regards to upcoming changes. Most people did not know who the RCs were and the few that knew was through insider information. RCs should have been announced after accepting the duty and certain safeguards set in place (some anti-harassment rules).

Tabelrel has a great way of explaining this
Spoiler:
Just a few of thoughts, not about the individual balance changes themselves but the overall process of getting there.

Firstly, they say that justice shouldn't only be done but be seen to be done and I think here with this specific patch and the various comments from the RC's the process may not have worked as intended. While the discussions between the RC's themselves or RC's and devs shouldn't be a free for all for everyone to chip in on I think its important that those discussions should be visible to the community so they can feed back to their relevant RC's. Perhaps in that respect the discussions should be published on a forum topic, but only the RC's can post to it but allows the community to read and feed back privately to the RC's their views.

Secondly, so all these balance changes can be put in some sort of context what is the strategy that the RC's/Devs are working too. What is your end game idea guys that you are trying to achieve? If people understood a bit better where you are trying to get to I think that would add a bit of context. I personally would be sad to see a strategy where we try to perfectly mirror everything as wasn't that the unique point of AoR/RoR.

Thirdly, is this too much all at once and paraphrasing one of Bomblings comments the time is a bit awkward re the state of Destro. I can understand that constant weekly sprints is alot for a group of volunteer devs, hats off to them for doing it I wouldn't want to do it as you need a life outside RoR for sure. Although we also need to avoid the AoR situation where big changes are made on an infrequent basis and classes or the peoples perception of their class being broken and staying broken for a long period of time just turns them off the game and they never return. That ties back to the first two points of transparency and overall strategy.
This next part will sound a bit harsh, but I am giving my opinion with good intentions and I am trying to get through to at least 1 dev. Considering that players have voiced their concerns in how RCs was handled, some of the answers some RCs have given and the lack of acknowledgement of this issue from the dev team has me thinking that it was all a farce and you kept/listened to people that mostly agreed with the proposed changes or RCs were use to shift blame if balancing was not well received. I am still willing to give the benefit of the doubt and that this RCs just didn’t work as intended.

Egos set aside; it is not too late to admit when something doesn’t go as planned. You can look by the way MOST people on the forums reacted and pretty much all agree that the intention of the patch was good, but poor execution.
Regarding Tabelrel's comments.
RC discussions in the future are not going to be public unless they reach out to you. That would be incredibly disruptive for them to have to field all of the anger you currently see regarding the changes we've made. Internal dev discussions don't happen in public forums either, and they're not going to. Sorry if that disappoints.

The context of the changes were based on a list of focus items that were provided to RC's. Most of these came from the internal balance team, some came from RC discussions. Again, these things aren't public, and we don't intend to make them public until you see the resulting patch released. I'm not sure why anyone is expecting us to hold conceptualization discussions publicly, we've never said we are remotely interested in doing that.

Our current plan for balance is to do large infrequent changes. Regular development will continue in the meantime. Unfortunately it looks like the expectations of the team, and the reality of what we're doing have diverged.

And your comments.
I had no intention of exposing the RC team, but left it open if they wanted to be public in this process. None of them were forthcoming about their position, that was their choice. That's just respecting privacy, no other reason.

The only people we removed from RC's were the ones that went inactive and didn't respond to direct messages. Regarding Xergon specifically, he assured me he was working on a specific proposal that we asked for, never posted it, and went two months without commenting. When he did finally comment, it was a one-liner, and it was clear he was not taking the position seriously. Otherwise the program worked as intended, and we will continue using it in the future.
Hey War, I understand your and the team's point on this. It is perfectly fine that you don't want to expose community members to be harassed and what's done it is done, but could we at least get some sort of safe guard for next set of changes? Like if there is a RC removed due to inactivity lets put a hold on the patch (If we waited so many months, what is another few weeks) get a replacement. Also, I was wondering what happened to the PTS that was used to test pve content? would it be possible to bring in online to test the changes for any bugs? considering it is a big patch we could try to diminish the bug reports.

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:25 am
Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 am Us? Even if you meant it as a third person rhetorical "Us" the Freudian slip is there and could have easily been a "them".

It is pretty bizarre. One would think that the main goal for these forums would be a level headed independent discussion of abilities and how they interact with one another. A level headed look at why the server is the way it is and what the goal the admin team hopes for the future.

All I'm seeing is tribal contention in a weird "You vs me" mentality and further a "my side vs your side!" mentality. Even weirder when the tone comes from the top, and when that happens you can't blame others to follow suit seeing as that type of behavior is implicitly condoned.

At the end of the day we are all playing the same game..... and we need each other.

Would it be fun for destro if there were no order? No. Would it be fun for order if there were no destro? No.
We went above and beyond to bring balance changes to the table with fully typed out reasoning after months of debate among several groups of people, and in large part with people who represent a significant portion of of the players on the server who otherwise wouldn't be caught dead posting on the forums. It doesn't matter what kind of prep you do in advance, there's a loud minority of players who use the forums to bash on development as soon as they find something they can twist to deem flawed. If you're around the forums long enough you'll start to identify the chronic abusers, it's nothing unique to the changes today. "Us" is the people who spent dozens of hours and weekends planning and debating these changes before releasing them, and the "Them" are the people that didn't like the changes or just want to fabricate drama and pressure. Everyone else kept playing the game.

Forum drama happens, one of the many ways players around here operate. People need therapy, catharsis, and salty entertainment. Stirring up the forums with drivel scratches that itch, and as long as they don't violate TOS, it's just another form of PvP. When people cross the line, they find out.

Unfortunately, people think raging against a change will get it reverted. That very rarely happens, and it's never from external pressure. We know what to look for when it comes to adjusting changes, it's not people on the forums stirring the pot.
I feel you, most of the times there is a lot of crying, but in this case out of the 450+ post most of the community whether they are destro or order agree at some degree with the direction of the changes and most of the complaints are due to which archtype lost CDR, not the loss of CDR itself. The rest are pretty much good changes that I am sure will be tweaked (specially morale pumps) in the upcoming weeks. I think devs and the community can still work together, there has been a few collected and objective players from both factions that have given very honest and fair feedback. Let's do this man!
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X