Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JarlBerzirk

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#21 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 pm

LOL Rip destro. After all that time put into my BO just to have it killed like this. What a mess.

Ads
hurycanlol

Post#22 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm

haha rsh damage come back like befor but with 65ft range :lol: rip rsh 2021-2021

Jastojan

Post#23 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm

engharat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm Why should someone take a BO in wb play instead of a chosen? Chosen is clearly superior in everything. The CD reducer was the only reason BO were taken, in fact you would never see a non WAAGH BO in wb play - because there was no other options. Now finally BO are the least desiderable tank in wb :-D
About Magus and Engi: you nerfed the overperforming skill (mist, napalm), now can you revert the 20% dmg nerf which was performed because of this overperfoming skill?

I like the morale rework, it looks like it is a good change.
I absolutely agree with reverting the 20% dmg nerf for magus. And I gladly see I am not alone. This patch is another nerf for magus (at least it is not described as a bugfix - hurray).
The SH nerf is realy huge - Outta My Way from 75 to 25% in combination with bounce rework" etc.
But ok, time will show. But...

But time showed me (when it comes to mSh especialy): After latest year big SH rework (mSH including) some order players asked for mSH nerf and they were told that you (devs) were happy with mSH as it is (at the time it was). So what led you to this huge "balance change"? "common complaints"? Why dont make some smaller changes and test them in time, why did you choose so many big changes at once? (maybe it sounds as a complaint but nope - i wrote time will show, but the question stays as it is).

Anyway, thank you for your work!
Last edited by Jastojan on Thu May 20, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Runiz

Post#24 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:22 pm

These changes seems so poorly thought out im actually surprised. Order priders got an inside man in the team?
Sporrk

Order: SL/IB/Engi
Destro: Chop/Mara/Chos/BO

JarlBerzirk

Post#25 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Uchoo wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:22 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 pm LOL Rip destro. After all that time put into my BO just to have it killed like this. What a mess.
Yeah it always feels bad to have your character completely destroyed in viability by an obvious lack of game knowledge by those making decisions.
As if 1 star IC being farmed wasn't enough. ORDER ZERGING WINNING EVERYTHING?! NERF DESTRO BUFF ORDER. Throwing darts at a dart board.

Nabaro

Post#26 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Sham:

- Yer Not So Bad - now does not work at all

- Ey' Quit Bleedin' does not applies to two additional allies if the target is you
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Heladin

Post#27 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:59 pm Here we go...

these changes are big time MEME

you've just broken balance more (instead of scalpel you use sledge approach again) i dont think you realise how damaging these changes are... Bork... MSH... Shaman just got dropped hard on.

lately order winnning cities 11-3 ... pushing IC daily 1 star :lol: even in primetime...

The sources you asking for information and changes are not the most trustworthy sources when its clearly biased and shown in result of changes which heavily nerf destro faction and buffs for order...

Sad times but atleast as a x realmer i can play the buffed faction and not have to worry about the mess created unless destro stop playing and then there is nothing to do

GG
Winning organized pvp is about... organization. We've been observing as certain groups made their statements in city sieges despite no changes specifically to contest these changes by trying to point at win loss rates. Doesn't work like that.
But you have systematically taken tools away from destro for the past 2 years and given more and more to order... (machine gun removed from sorcs, morale drain from maras, zdps debuffs and cc less, morale bomb to name a few (and order gained morale drain and other things during this time)

Morale bomb nerf, was a training wheel exercise for order healers who would always stack together and wonder why they die...

Certain changes have knock on effects, especially when other classes are heavily reliant on them to be functional in top tier enviroment, now they are useless and shoe is on the other foot... sledge approach instead of scalpel. Im not sure if you monitored the weekend RVR activity, but what if these changes made that more the status norm are you not concerned by this? Its like kicking a dog when its down, and the thing which killed live servers was when one side became too dominant, keep nerfing destro and order become more domintant is not very healthy...

Anti zerg tools already destroyed with morale bomb removing... its like this zerg style of play is what you are promoting and long term(1-2 year from now) doesnt seem healthy imo.

Just feels like unhealthy change but its not my problem to be AAO police, I give my experienced opinion that will fall on deaf ears that is fine :)

Not even gave Machine gun back, or not tree hit combo on snb for borks?
I have accepted that this server is not made for the hardcore players that find excitement in making a stand against the mass of the zerg. There is a more casual approach and what a casual player wants is fast reward and minimum effort for it.
WB play is dead here. smallscale is forced into ranked sc and not in rvr. all changes lead to this.

Uchoo

Post#28 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:27 pm

Everything in this patch seems fine on paper, even if I have concerns about the morale changes because they were such a large balancing factor in even-skilled fights.

The only change that I have direct concern with is removing Waaagh from Black Orc. It's one of the most egregious things I have seen from the team since the deletion of Choppa damage.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
engharat

Post#29 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:59 pm Here we go...

these changes are big time MEME

you've just broken balance more (instead of scalpel you use sledge approach again) i dont think you realise how damaging these changes are... Bork... MSH... Shaman just got dropped hard on.

lately order winnning cities 11-3 ... pushing IC daily 1 star :lol: even in primetime...

The sources you asking for information and changes are not the most trustworthy sources when its clearly biased and shown in result of changes which heavily nerf destro faction and buffs for order...

Sad times but atleast as a x realmer i can play the buffed faction and not have to worry about the mess created unless destro stop playing and then there is nothing to do

GG
Winning organized pvp is about... organization. We've been observing as certain groups made their statements in city sieges despite no changes specifically to contest these changes by trying to point at win loss rates. Doesn't work like that.
But you have systematically taken tools away from destro for the past 2 years and given more and more to order... (machine gun removed from sorcs, morale drain from maras, zdps debuffs and cc less, morale bomb to name a few (and order gained morale drain and other things during this time)

Morale bomb nerf, was a training wheel exercise for order healers who would always stack together and wonder why they die...

Certain changes have knock on effects, especially when other classes are heavily reliant on them to be functional in top tier enviroment, now they are useless and shoe is on the other foot... sledge approach instead of scalpel. Im not sure if you monitored the weekend RVR activity, but what if these changes made that more the status norm are you not concerned by this? Its like kicking a dog when its down, and the thing which killed live servers was when one side became too dominant, keep nerfing destro and order become more domintant is not very healthy...

Anti zerg tools already destroyed with morale bomb removing... its like this zerg style of play is what you are promoting and long term(1-2 year from now) doesnt seem healthy imo.

Just feels like unhealthy change but its not my problem to be AAO police, I give my experienced opinion that will fall on deaf ears that is fine :)

Not even gave Machine gun back, or not tree hit combo on snb for borks?
not forgetting the armour aoe debuff given to WH, which know find a nice spot in city wb, as opposed to WE...pounce. Which is nice only on solo ganking.
Finally, I would remark that the only reason why destro was able to compete with slayer order train (clearly OP when faced as enemy) was the double CD reduce ability. Check the city winning rate of order since this patch and compare it with previous weeks: without any surprise there will be a bump of order winning cities.

vanbuinen77

Post#30 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Finnaly am/sm got ap drain nerfed.

Aoe detaunt nerf is good as well.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman