Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Powell

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#421 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:25 am
Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 am Us? Even if you meant it as a third person rhetorical "Us" the Freudian slip is there and could have easily been a "them".

It is pretty bizarre. One would think that the main goal for these forums would be a level headed independent discussion of abilities and how they interact with one another. A level headed look at why the server is the way it is and what the goal the admin team hopes for the future.

All I'm seeing is tribal contention in a weird "You vs me" mentality and further a "my side vs your side!" mentality. Even weirder when the tone comes from the top, and when that happens you can't blame others to follow suit seeing as that type of behavior is implicitly condoned.

At the end of the day we are all playing the same game..... and we need each other.

Would it be fun for destro if there were no order? No. Would it be fun for order if there were no destro? No.
We went above and beyond to bring balance changes to the table with fully typed out reasoning after months of debate among several groups of people, and in large part with people who represent a significant portion of of the players on the server who otherwise wouldn't be caught dead posting on the forums. It doesn't matter what kind of prep you do in advance, there's a loud minority of players who use the forums to bash on development as soon as they find something they can twist to deem flawed. If you're around the forums long enough you'll start to identify the chronic abusers, it's nothing unique to the changes today. "Us" is the people who spent dozens of hours and weekends planning and debating these changes before releasing them, and the "Them" are the people that didn't like the changes or just want to fabricate drama and pressure. Everyone else kept playing the game.

Forum drama happens, one of the many ways players around here operate. People need therapy, catharsis, and salty entertainment. Stirring up the forums with drivel scratches that itch, and as long as they don't violate TOS, it's just another form of PvP. When people cross the line, they find out.

Unfortunately, people think raging against a change will get it reverted. That very rarely happens, and it's never from external pressure. We know what to look for when it comes to adjusting changes, it's not people on the forums stirring the pot.

Thank you for the in-depth reply. It was very informative as to the plights of the dev team. You have illustrated to me that the public forums are an ice-berg so to say and don't show the full picture. Also thank you for laying out the whole "us" and "them" wordage as the line in and of itself seemed to give way to a different meaning - which I initially misunderstood, sorry.

This job can't be easy.

Ads
Andack

Post#422 » Sun May 23, 2021 8:15 am

Brutinho wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:53 am
-Range got a nice adjustment, most people will drop ‘sharpened arrer’ and go for ‘masterful aim’ and slot WS talis now, so depending on how armor pen tactics and armor bonus works there is slight to moderate amount of armor pen loss. The only thing I would have give back is brining QS to 75ft range base as the reduction of range was justified by the burst capabilities that they had.

-Squigbeast was an excellent change as I had voiced many times in the past.

- Melee got something weird thing going on for it. Due to the limited access to CDR from removing waaagh and been able to spam big bouncin’ (which was a requirement to be in competitive terms with other dps) the filler option was a good implementation. Not sure about removing the KD, but I kind of get where it is coming from. This for sure will impact mSH on small scale (specially ranked). Changes to SA were good as giving easy access to melee tools was a bit too much. Reducing OMW to 25% was just a big nono. Could have just mirrored to other charge abilities. I would have made ‘indisgestion’ undefendable to really be on par with ‘shatter limbs’ (rampage + shatter limbs).

Also, tactics like sharper toof and sharper arrer are undesirable now.
Sharper toof: was changed to give an AOE filler to mSH which does make any sense to slot now. Could have rework it to give other effect, like AOE interrupt (if SM is keeping his) and make RTA a copy paste of ‘spellbreaker’.
Sharper arrer: armor pen on the most useless mastery could have great potential to actually bring forward big shootin as a whole, brining it more in par with scout.

I would say the mSH needs a small rework, might make a proposal once all changes happening are set in stone.

PS: Please fix the pets or return them back to before May 8th patch. It just gave all pet’s AI -200 IQ. I already put it on the bugtracker with videos. Thanks :D
Bravo ! Hope they listen to this fair proposal... It's not about refusing a nerf, i can understand the nerf of M1, 100% is still good, the idea behind bounce AOE is truly good to, but the removal of the stun just because rSH used it is not the way to go... And the speed is just not logical at all.

sharpblader

Post#423 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:09 am

Oh noes destro pushed Altdorf.

Maybe it's time for more nerfs?

Maybe it's time for this thread to die.

starness88

Post#424 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:17 am

sharpblader wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:09 am Oh noes destro pushed Altdorf.

Pushing city is not about balance but about numbers. So no This thread has no reason to die.

Sulorie

Post#425 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:46 pm

On a weekend morning, when people are sleeping, yes good job with that push.
Dying is no option.

Kheriell

Post#426 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:44 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:46 pm

didn't knew that everyones was sleeping the same time on Earth ... damn !!! another proof that Earth is flat :lol:

Powell

Post#427 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Kheriell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:44 pm

didn't knew that everyones was sleeping the same time on Earth ... damn !!! another proof that Earth is flat :lol:
I mean it was at the anti-peak server time when there were about 200-300 people online. But I suppose you are impervious to logic.

Sulorie

Post#428 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:17 pm

No, it means at those hours the pop is low and often shifted to either side, so city push is much more likely. You know, common sense. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#429 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm
I mean it was at the anti-peak server time when there were about 200-300 people online. But I suppose you are impervious to logic.
The lowest pop went last night was about 450, which is pretty normal for that timezone. It's still relatively balanced pop around that time as well.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kheriell

Post#430 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:33 pm

Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm
i'm not impervious to this logic m8, i mean that ppl playing this timezone, are allowed to do 5 stars city too, even if ur not ok with that ;)