Ads
sunshinefuntime

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#652 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Cultist wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am
Omegus wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:21 pm
What part of NerfedButtons does this actually enable you to do? How does setting this allow someone to get around the block on swapping which abilities are bound to specific action bar slots?
1) It bypasses the cooldown on a NB sequence so you can free casting an entire NB sequence without CD between 2 abilities. That's regarding the variable alone.
2) It doesn't. To test this I kept addons at minimum and added some hooks among other things, i.e.
-- MORE UPDATES
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED,"NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
--CHAT
RegisterEventHandler(TextLogGetUpdateEventId("Chat"), "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
You'll have to do the same for world events or even pet events if your character has one.

With all this I am saying it is possible to make it NB work as before but I'm also saying it is NOT by just overwritting a variable. I think it's doable and you have way more experience on addon scripting than I do.
Omegus wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:52 am
So dropping that code at the start of "local function updateAllSlots()" just makes the abilities glow like they are toggled on and does not by-pass the 3s GCD. @Cultist what exactly is it supposed to by-pass?
You don't drop it there man, in fact THAT code in particular is a mere example. Drop this one on both changeHotBar (2 differente lua archives) instead:
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[ID] = 0.1 --change ID
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[0] = 0.1
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[65535] = 0.1
and it will make a difference: a NB sequence can be casted without any penalty. Problem is you eat up 3s CD at the end. How to solve it? There comes the part where you have to hook every event that could trigger an update by the client (explained above) and you again overwrite that variable...

Ok, I won't discuss more code, this is probably not the place. But if I could anybody can.

I'll try to contact Dalen on Discord though, thanks.
The problem is, the rabbit hole is bottomless. Uncomfortable truth but it is what it is.