Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#651 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 am

Can anyone hook me up with a NB fix?! PM me on discord! - Sciber#5598

Ads
sunshinefuntime

Post#652 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Cultist wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am
Omegus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:21 pm What part of NerfedButtons does this actually enable you to do? How does setting this allow someone to get around the block on swapping which abilities are bound to specific action bar slots?
1) It bypasses the cooldown on a NB sequence so you can free casting an entire NB sequence without CD between 2 abilities. That's regarding the variable alone.
2) It doesn't. To test this I kept addons at minimum and added some hooks among other things, i.e.
-- MORE UPDATES
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED,"NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
--CHAT
RegisterEventHandler(TextLogGetUpdateEventId("Chat"), "NerfedEngine.Dummy2")
You'll have to do the same for world events or even pet events if your character has one.

With all this I am saying it is possible to make it NB work as before but I'm also saying it is NOT by just overwritting a variable. I think it's doable and you have way more experience on addon scripting than I do.
Omegus wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:52 am So dropping that code at the start of "local function updateAllSlots()" just makes the abilities glow like they are toggled on and does not by-pass the 3s GCD. @Cultist what exactly is it supposed to by-pass?
You don't drop it there man, in fact THAT code in particular is a mere example. Drop this one on both changeHotBar (2 differente lua archives) instead:
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[ID] = 0.1 --change ID
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[0] = 0.1
ActionBars.m_CastTimers[65535] = 0.1
and it will make a difference: a NB sequence can be casted without any penalty. Problem is you eat up 3s CD at the end. How to solve it? There comes the part where you have to hook every event that could trigger an update by the client (explained above) and you again overwrite that variable...

Ok, I won't discuss more code, this is probably not the place. But if I could anybody can.

I'll try to contact Dalen on Discord though, thanks.
The problem is, the rabbit hole is bottomless. Uncomfortable truth but it is what it is.

whitekong92

Post#653 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:34 am

i play only DW and Heal DoK. I maked a 5 months break of RoR. Now im back and i must say i like the option to save speccs and the changes for the DoK much. The new Gift of Khaine and Terrifying Vision gives a lot survive abilitiy for DW DoK, Fell Sacrifice good dmg buff. And the save specc option is king. Before Shield DoK was much more Stronger then DW DoK.
My opinion: Blood of my Blood should have no shield requirement, 1. gives more variety for DW DoK and its not OP 2. from logic why you should need a shield for that.
I never use Cleave Soul, other skills are more important.
A litte additional effect would be good. like 15 % more krit chance with this skill, or increased soul essence gain from 30 to 45.

Sinisterror

Post#654 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am

whitekong92 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:34 am i play only DW and Heal DoK. I maked a 5 months break of RoR. Now im back and i must say i like the option to save speccs and the changes for the DoK much. The new Gift of Khaine and Terrifying Vision gives a lot survive abilitiy for DW DoK, Fell Sacrifice good dmg buff. And the save specc option is king. Before Shield DoK was much more Stronger then DW DoK.
My opinion: Blood of my Blood should have no shield requirement, 1. gives more variety for DW DoK and its not OP 2. from logic why you should need a shield for that.
I never use Cleave Soul, other skills are more important.
A litte additional effect would be good. like 15 % more krit chance with this skill, or increased soul essence gain from 30 to 45.
If Blood of my Blood would be usable with DW it doesnt make sense to me. DW dok should really never stand still, Soul Ward would make sense for DW dok much more. In my opinion almost none skills should have shield or dw requirement, they would just function differently when using DW or SnB. Soul Ward for DW dok would only make sense as 10 second buff not 10 second cast but maybe that would be op. But about skills working differently depending on your wpns first change should be Fist of Khaine back to AP not SE. If dev's dont want give DW dok's ANY ap based melee heals(Transfer Essence<3...) at least Consume Essence when dualwielding should hit 1 additional target and you gain 15 SE back from hitting 1 enemy so when it hits 2 targets you gain 30 SE. So it would be possible to somewhat heal yourself while not gaining or losing SE. Same changes to WP 2h obviously as well. Empowered Transfer tactic 25 % + melee heals should not work with DW/2h if some of these changes are implemented.

Fell sacrifice change was nice. But Devour Essence... i dont remember when this skills big dmg and big heals were changed but i think 50 % aoe healdebuff was originally reason to look at the skill and nerf it. At this point 50% HD tactic should be replaced with Guilty soul like tactic THAT also heals. Change Sanq Extension to 9 second spirit dmg dot with 50 % healdebuff 10 second cooldown. These changes would bring dmg as a whole closer what DD dok's used to have but much more sustained and giving a little bit of heals in form of Guilty Soul like tactic (REMOVE 2 SEC ICD'S FROM PRAYERS/KISSES/COVENANTS/BULLETS/ALL OF THESE AND CHANGE IT TO 0.5 SEC ICD)

EDIT; I started thinking about Cleave Soul/Bludgeon and much more appropriate change would be to add 3 sec dot on the skill. Basically works like Heavy Blow ironbreaker. But make the 2 extra dmg ticks regenerate 10 RF/SE per tick. Only works like this if you are DW/2H
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

whitekong92

Post#655 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Blood of my Blood that i mean not OP, but in some Situation can be useful= nice variety. Example on Siege Healing the Group while waiting the Door get destroyed.
Soul Ward yeah should be work for DW too but weaker then shield version, gives a better change against range.
Devour Essence is good like it is.
Your Cleave Soul idea is very good.
With Consume Essence i find it better when you wear DW not you hit 2 targets, you hit 1 Target 2 Times maybe the second hit 50 % less DMG and still need SE so you can use the new version of Cleave Soul and other skills for Pump SE and Rendsoul and Consume Essence for healing.