Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
deathy

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#621 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:58 pm

just let everyone use nb's not just a select group of people

i will come back if nb comes back, otherwise I am playing other games
Last edited by deathy on Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
nonfactor

Post#622 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:18 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:42 pm Correct
That is interesting. I am pretty sure that you won't bring it back entirely because that would make you "look weak", i guess there will be some compromise to save their face. Maybe they worked together with some addon modders to create a sequencer without conditions but even if they do that, some people will still use a "fixed" version of nerfed buttons. Looking forward towards Wednesday.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#623 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:32 pm

nonfactor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:18 pm I am pretty sure that you won't bring it back entirely because that would make you "look weak"
Rest assured that we've reverted several changes before, there's no shame in that.

I'm not saying that it will be back, nor that it won't be back, I don't know yet. Only time and our devs skills would tell.

Lawmay

Post#624 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:39 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:32 pm
nonfactor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:18 pm I am pretty sure that you won't bring it back entirely because that would make you "look weak"
Rest assured that we've reverted several changes before, there's no shame in that.

I'm not saying that it will be back, nor that it won't be back, I don't know yet. Only time and our devs skills would tell.
Glad to hear its atleast being considered. I agree on there being no shame in it. I'm fully pro NB, but I see alot of people on my side of the fence trying to shame you guys in to reverting the change rather than explaining their rationale. At this point I'm hoping for a definitive answer one way or the other, so I, and people like myself can know if we'll be able to return to playing, or just move on permanently.

Tosher85

Post#625 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:57 pm

carthan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:32 pm TL;DR:

NB's impact on player skill and gameplay. Opinion on split to “have”s and “have not”s. Argument synopsis. Rag on elitism.

FULL TEXT:

Talladego wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 am I suspect the main reason for implementing this was to make Ranked an all-skill environment, but I bet there still are people using modified NB in ranked atm.

When I solo joined (nonPUG-) Scen and lost I was told to make a group and join as one. Why is that? Because then I wouldn't play against NB? No, it is because coordinated and balanced teamplay wins the game and not an Addon like NB. NB DOES give an advantage with it's conditionals. I fully realize that, don't get me wrong, but I do not get why people exaggerate the impact it has. The better coordinated team with a good class balance wins. A coordinated team without NB will win against a uncoordinated team (in which every one uses NB) without even breaking a sweat.
All I read here is that even ONE NB user can turn the tide of battle or even solo the other team. This is getting out of proportion! People actually pointed out that the more hectic the battle gets the worse the NB sequences help in the battle. I don't believe in any capacity that NB has the impact on Ranked people make it out to be. There are other Addons (which already WERE mentioned here) that ACTUALLY do that. You probably don't want to go that route...

Kpi wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:39 pm The NB is alive, but only a few players are using it.

I am probably the only one that is not that concerned with it, since I don't see the major advantages it gives them other the others. Still by principle I am opposed to it, because not everyone has access to it.

By the way, one thing I realized in here is that most people in here (and in discord) against NB essentially just parrot the same one liners:
- Best patch ever.
- Solution to every problem even world hunger.
- Learn to play/Get a brain.
- Can't automate your skills? Poor you!

While the other side gives reasons and arguments for reinstating NB. To be fair, there are some arguments against NB, but those arguments got debated and in my opinion refuted (misinformation, usefullness,...) I am for reinstating NB, but it should be for the right reason. Not because it can't be blocked, but because it should be accepted as QoL.

Actions speak louder than words. If you want to be inclusive act like it. Right now you are just projecting outward what jerks the elites in this community are and how they want to stay that way at all costs:
Cultist wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:20 pm
nonfactor wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:08 pm no need to snitch
no need for elitism
+1
Fully support this.

Omegus

Post#626 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:46 pm

kok wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:52 am Don't panic about telling the devs directly if you don't want to do it here - just message Dalen with the details. The reply will be a thank you rather than a ban (if it was ban then I would've been gone on day 1 of the change...)
I think you miss the point. People whom spend TIME and EFFORT to crack the code aren't going to tell the universe how to crack it. They wanted to use it.
Well, I spent TIME and EFFORT on a number of workarounds and just sent them to the devs to be fixed... so no?
Talladego wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 amYea this seems to target the 3s GCD but that's gotta be blocked server-side anyway?
The client-side block code however is probably bypassable in a number of ways.

Just shows how futile this NB block is when there's gonna be various fixes floating around anyway.
The 3s GCD is tracked server side, and there's still more fixes for the client side waiting to go live to catch more ways of manipulating the action bars and remove more ways of disabling the checks.

Regarding Cultist's potential workaround, personally I'm going to wait until the next set of patches go live before trying to figure out if/how it works as we could be looking at something that's already fixed internally.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Kpi

Post#627 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:59 pm

From now, the developers must waste time in each patch to disable the NB, because it is working now for a few players.

Disable the NB is a waste of developers time all weeks from now
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#628 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:31 pm

deathy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:58 pm just let everyone use nb's not just a select group of people

i will come back if nb comes back, otherwise I am playing other games
what other games?

Ads
Sciberr

Post#629 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:10 pm

ANY NB FIX?! PM me discord pls! Sciber#5598

sighy

Post#630 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:54 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 am Why does this method seem inadvisable to you?
Because it could get you into trouble. Granted using blacklisted addons can do that too, but better err on the side of caution tbh. (Regardless of opinion on the matter if it should be.)