nebelwerfer

Re: Patch Notes 02/06/2021

Post#31 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Should have made a survey for the nb changes in advance

Ads
Fey

Post#32 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:18 pm

Pop is 830 as I write. 1000 people is a perfectly healthy population imo.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

abezverkhiy

Post#33 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 pm

I see 630. But it does not matter. Important is that player based is split, lots of people are not happy and if changes to a product make lots of customers unhappy this only harms the product in the long run.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 am

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:51 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:09 am
Fey wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:35 am Population will dwindle because of TBC, and the summer lull. Especially this year I expect the summer drop to be pronounced. Then it will recover.
While population drops are common, dropping pop if you're at a critically low pop could be fatal.
RoR has survived for years - and will survive for years to come. Although population can be a metric to identify feedback (in a very warped manner) - population count alone has never steered development of the server.

As Fey mentioned, there's a few big names in the MMORPG industry coming out this year - and it's natural that these will pull a few players here and there but the population ebbs and flows and there's no worry from the team at this time to suggest that we need to be making drastic changes to keep / bring players to the realm.

We vibin'
Wasn't suggesting that ROR was at a critically low pop just yet - Just saying that when a ship is sinking, and people can see it doing so, people tend to abandon it en masse.

thefarthestland2

Post#35 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:53 am

plan b addon, still not work?

Sprak

Post#36 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:39 am

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:13 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Don't get me wrong - there are changes the team make that need reverting..

Pls start whit NB. PPl are using it already whit another fix. Revert it or ppl will start to get real advantages now..

The fact people spent the energy to find a fix for NB and not PlanB is telling. No one disagrees a cast/ability sequencer is nice, as having too many key binds makes the game a chore and pulls you away and out of the experience. Nuking NB was necessary, those who try to find work arounds to continue to use it obviously use it only for a "sequencer" not at all for conditionals, checks, instant reaction/response time on abilities, perfect efficiency on ability stacks, timed spells, etc... no no, all that stuff hinders you, the pro NB users know this.

PlanB needs fixing and a sequencer needs to be added for those unable or un-wanting to do keyboard gymnastics. When that is implemented, there will be no reason to get work around for NB anymore, right? because Pro NB players don't use it for anything but sequencing their abilities.

But for real, having to have too many key binds lowers the quality of the gaming experience, just as having only 1 button that does everything for you would (not that it was ever possible). Hopefully the dev team can fix PlanB and get a replacement sequencer into the game asap, your work is much appreciated. Nuking NB was the right move, just maybe not executed in the best way without a replacement sequencer.

Onigokko0101

Post#37 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:37 am

Sprak wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:39 am
oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:13 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Don't get me wrong - there are changes the team make that need reverting..

Pls start whit NB. PPl are using it already whit another fix. Revert it or ppl will start to get real advantages now..

The fact people spent the energy to find a fix for NB and not PlanB is telling. No one disagrees a cast/ability sequencer is nice, as having too many key binds makes the game a chore and pulls you away and out of the experience. Nuking NB was necessary, those who try to find work arounds to continue to use it obviously use it only for a "sequencer" not at all for conditionals, checks, instant reaction/response time on abilities, perfect efficiency on ability stacks, timed spells, etc... no no, all that stuff hinders you, the pro NB users know this.

PlanB needs fixing and a sequencer needs to be added for those unable or un-wanting to do keyboard gymnastics. When that is implemented, there will be no reason to get work around for NB anymore, right? because Pro NB players don't use it for anything but sequencing their abilities.

But for real, having to have too many key binds lowers the quality of the gaming experience, just as having only 1 button that does everything for you would (not that it was ever possible). Hopefully the dev team can fix PlanB and get a replacement sequencer into the game asap, your work is much appreciated. Nuking NB was the right move, just maybe not executed in the best way without a replacement sequencer.
Yeah someone should make a sequencer, and then watch as people still beg for NB back because they werent using it just to sequence lol
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Rydiak

Post#38 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:22 am

thefarthestland2 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:53 am plan b addon, still not work?
PlanB works fine
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Earthcake

Post#39 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:30 am

Rydiak wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:22 am
PlanB works fine
Really ? Would be great news.
Didn't try today but it wasn't as of yesterday. Kept greying out bars very often.

Orthogonon

Post#40 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:32 am

Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:30 am
Rydiak wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:22 am
PlanB works fine
Really ? Would be great news.
Didn't try today but it wasn't as of yesterday. Kept greying out bars very often.
as of Friday June 4th 2021 at 0330 cst in texas its not working for me or most ppl i talk too, as well as all the sm's i know,they are in the same boat as the bo's, may we please have a fix.