Dungeon: Hunter's Vale
Click here to watch on YouTube
The time of year has come when all the young hunters of Ulthuan travel to the Annulii Mountains to prove their worth in the eyes of Kurnous, the Lord of the Hunt. As the High Elves prepare to slay mighty beasts in offering to Kurnous, the Dark Elves begin their own hunt. The druchii do so not to please Kurnous, but to show who reigns as the top predator in Ulthuan.
The Vale-Walker armour is avaliable from completing this dungeon. Beastlord is required to equip but you can still earn the gear from completing the quest chain. The quest chain can be started by talking to Beastmaster Rovek (Destruction) or Reaver Khazkan (Order) in Ellyrion.
The Appearance Guide has been updated with the Vale-Walker set, which is acquired by completing the Hunter's Vale dungeon.
[Fleet Stag Mantle] (Currently has 48 charges, after which the item will remain but the effect will no longer work - Subject to change)
[Magnificent Hart Charm] (Check the armoury for other varients)
[Horn of the Vale Wolf]
[Essence of the Wild]
Hunter's Vale is one of the most beautifully designed zones in Warhammer Online (see some of how it was created here) and we felt like we needed to get the look and feel as close to how it was originally intended. Additionally we have had some wonderful new artwork go into Hunter's Vale introducing a brand new map you can view to guide your way through the dungeon. Along with the [Blessed Hide of Kurnous], new Ellyrion themed portals and new icons in Ellyrion to indicate where the portals are.
Live Event: Wild Hunt
The Wild Hunt is upon the Elves, and Ulthuan is already sodden with blood. Hunters stalk the fields and forests in search of rare and savage prey, to demonstrate their skill to the God of the Hunt and perhaps gain his favor. Others seek merely to glimpse the fabled White Stag and gain Kurnous's blessing. But Kurnous is a true hunter, and incurring his wrath carries a price ... of poetic justice.
Kurnous has taken particular interest in the activities of the mere mortals, ever eager to find which hunter is truly worthy. This year, as the Wild Hunt commences, vines from the World Root have sprung up in Ellyrion. Beyond those vines lay the Hunter's Vale, sanctuary of Kurnous. All who dare can enter to see if they are worthy to face the Lord of the Hunt. Though be forewarned, nature itself will turn against those who enter the Hunter's Vale.
Players who please Kurnous may receive a Bleeding Hart charm or the Blessed Hide of Kurnous. Travel to Ellyrion, the kingdom beloved by Kurnous, and find the Vale Vines to his inner sanctum, the Hunter's Vale. During the Wild Hunt, some may be lucky enough to catch sight of the White Stag as it wanders along the southern coast and ranges of Ulthuan.
Join the Wild Hunt in honour of Kurnous and prove to the Lord of the Hunt if you are worthy of being a hunter, or the prey.
[Stag Skull Trophy]
[Bleeding Hart Charm] (Check the armoury for other varients)
[Blessed Hide of Kurnous]
This event will run until Wed Jun 30 2021 noon Altdorf (Server) time.
Weekend Warfront: Lair of Despair
Eridial was without the prudence of an experienced master, and he became arrogant in his abilities. He attempted to create an artifact that could gift the power of the dragons to the High Elves, even while the beasts slumbered. His attempt proved a success, but at a terrible cost. The soul of Eridial's dragon companion, Thiralies, was ripped from his massive frame, leaving only a decaying husk. Overcome with grief and shame, Eridial fled into the bowels of Tor Anroc, never to be seen again.
Now both the forces of order and destruction journey into the bowels of Tor Anroc where Eridial fled in shame. Seek out this trinket, to claim it for the Witch King, or to prevent the Dark Elves from gaining what they seek.
This weekend Lair of Despair will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Tor Anroc scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Realm versus Realm
The rating system has been switched to one that is more suitable for team vs team games and that simplifies rating of new players, meaning that we have also disabled the tier system and match making will be based on MMR difference only.
In the new rating system new players start at a rating of 0, and then climb up as you win matches, or drop down a bit if you loose. This is similar to how Microsoft's TrueSkill rating system used on Xbox Live works.
The ratings for preseason 2 will be recalculated based on all matches played during the preseason.
Currently there are four categories of ratings:
- Ranked Solo
- Ranked Group
- Regular Scenarios (only displayed on the scenario scoreboards, no effect on matchmaking)
- City Sieges (only displayed on the scenario scoreboards, no effect on matchmaking)
The plan is still to reset ratings when season 2 starts. But we would like to try out this rating system a little bit on the preseason first.
Additional details for those interested in the maths etc:
- The portal to the Winds of Chaos is open once again.
- The T1 consignment quest for the Hunter's Set has been reduced from a total of 30 player kills down to 15 player kills. This should be more in-line with the speed at which other T1 sets can be attained, and is probably a bit overdue. These questgivers can still be found near the flightmasters at the Nordland warcamp.
- Quests with clicking on portals as objectives should be fixed.
Greenskin Chapter 17
- Barrel Blastin': This quest has been corrected and the reward has been added
Greenskin Chapter 18
- Betta Booms: This quest now has a 20 minutes timer
- What Comes Around...: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Into da Fire: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- A Giant Order: This quest line has been corrected
- Give 'im Wot He Wants: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Uglymug the giant is now patrolling
- Improved Clarity: Fixed this proc to show up in set bonuses and work as intended.
- There's been a subtle pass on ~3000 weapons regarding different requirements. This was mostly alignment related. You might notice a few more race/weapon skill requirements where there was previously nothing, functionality should not have changed.
- The Vale-Walker armour is avaliable from completing the Hunter's Vale dungeon. Beastlord is required to equip but you can still earn the gear from completing the quest chain. The quest chain can be started by talking to Beastmaster Rovek (Destruction) or Reaver Khazkan (Order) in Ellyrion. The Appearance Guide has been updated with the Vale-Walker set.
 You can now take the staff of Dragonblessed Richter
 The quest markers have been corrected and there is now an order for completing the objectives
 You can now feed Uglymug by right-clicking on the Lavaspinner Stew while targeting him
 This portal has been reenabled
- You should now be able to complete the Wild Hunt Live Event.
- The Cadaithaine Lion in Hunters Vale should correctly enrage and this should not affect the White Lion pet.