Patch Notes 24/06/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 24/06/2021

Post#51 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Atropik wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:09 pm Image

Guys there is something wrong with your new bracket system for ranked.
Issue found and a fix has been made. Will be pushed soon along with some other fixes.
Source Developer

Ads
DiMakss

Post#52 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:44 pm
Thanks for the answer

oaliaen

Post#53 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:41 pm

I think ppl whit 1000+ mmr are being pushed back to enter..

nebelwerfer

Post#54 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:55 pm

please consider make currency bind on account, maybe not 1:1 but perhaps a slightly more unfavorable option. A purchasable sack of medallions or emblems that are BoA would be really nice.

the main argument for this is that you want people to bring their most needed character to the fight to potentially see more high quality forts, cities and ranked solo games this way.

second argument is that you want people to put most characters on one account for the xrealm lockout to be effective.

third argument is wont somebody think of the altoholics

Cultist

Post#55 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 pm

dominator set is left behind on ranked scs? Looks like vanq is the min set you have to wear

dalen
Developer

Post#56 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm

Cultist wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 pm dominator set is left behind on ranked scs? Looks like vanq is the min set you have to wear
You can wear dominator pieces, but the average item level of your armor needs to be above 52.
Source Developer

Chipzee

Post#57 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:36 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:55 pm please consider make currency bind on account, maybe not 1:1 but perhaps a slightly more unfavorable option. A purchasable sack of medallions or emblems that are BoA would be really nice.

the main argument for this is that you want people to bring their most needed character to the fight to potentially see more high quality forts, cities and ranked solo games this way.

second argument is that you want people to put most characters on one account for the xrealm lockout to be effective.

third argument is wont somebody think of the altoholics

This sounds great, but I've got a feeling there's a big but in there that I'm too tired to see atm. Maybe something something gotta do city/orvr/roaming with main only for best chances of fast gearing

ChicagoJoe

Post#58 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:41 pm Can I report tanks who does not use guard or players who stay afk in ranked matches ?
You can surely do that, make sure you record the fight in order to have sufficient proof for the GMs to take action. We've worked on a new command that could block players who purposely troll or ignore the minimal that is asked from ranked. That block does not affect their normal SC queues, or any other game mode.

Snowhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:43 pm I hate this rated scenarioshit... Sorry -_-
No problem atm... But now you force players to this grind...

Bring new open pvp rewards at same level...

If i want play arenas or Scenarios i can play WOW.

WAR is NOT WOW... Stop this please or bring new armors and weapons to the OPEN PVP part of this game.
There will be more content regarding RvR, you need to relax and wait. Ranked SCs needs to be finished in order to get this game mode rolling, even if it covers a niche player-base, it still needs to be available in an MMORPG game.

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:14 pm Please check the forming groups on ranked queue..We have more than suficient ppl to join a match but still not forming.
kanisee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 pm I understand that you want to make more balanced matches, but when 0 matches are played with a queue of 50+ players, this is not normal.
DiMakss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:17 pm 55+ in q, max 1 game in same time moment, its ok?
The current queue system could cause these issues due to the gap between players who were just interested in Ranked but have low MMR, and others who've been constantly active in Ranked and have a higher MMR. We've suspected something else causing this issue but are still unsure. Nevertheless Dalen has prepared a hotfix for tomorrow, so this possible issue should be fixed.

Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 pm This patch will end bad for people who enjoy ranked, they will now get more sc-pops because of more people joining. But the quality of players joining ranked will go down, so have fun.
Ranked SCs are for everyone, the top players do not dictate who gets to join and who doesn't. Just like any other game, there will be different player skills with different MMR ratings and everyone must accept this.

Snowhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:02 pm Is ranked the reason, that LoD dosent comes? :mrgreen:
LoD was in line after HV. Ranked SC project was assigned to another developer who had to halt their work because of personal reasons, Dalen had to pick that up and proceed with it. Everything will come in time, please be patient.
Your answers are appreciated and helpful.

I like to occasionally play SC and have done some ranked. With certain classes it is fine. It is a really small population that does it and they roll the competition. Ranked from my perspective is rarely a fair fight.

I have seen ranked get extremely toxic when someone plays a non-meta class, or has lower end gear. If someone doesn't have pots or talismans it gets even worse. Pushing more people into ranked is going to keep Wargrimnr busy with bans.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:41 pm Can I report tanks who does not use guard or players who stay afk in ranked matches ?
You can surely do that, make sure you record the fight in order to have sufficient proof for the GMs to take action. We've worked on a new command that could block players who purposely troll or ignore the minimal that is asked from ranked. That block does not affect their normal SC queues, or any other game mode.

Snowhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:43 pm I hate this rated scenarioshit... Sorry -_-
No problem atm... But now you force players to this grind...

Bring new open pvp rewards at same level...

If i want play arenas or Scenarios i can play WOW.

WAR is NOT WOW... Stop this please or bring new armors and weapons to the OPEN PVP part of this game.
There will be more content regarding RvR, you need to relax and wait. Ranked SCs needs to be finished in order to get this game mode rolling, even if it covers a niche player-base, it still needs to be available in an MMORPG game.

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:14 pm Please check the forming groups on ranked queue..We have more than suficient ppl to join a match but still not forming.
kanisee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 pm I understand that you want to make more balanced matches, but when 0 matches are played with a queue of 50+ players, this is not normal.
DiMakss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:17 pm 55+ in q, max 1 game in same time moment, its ok?
The current queue system could cause these issues due to the gap between players who were just interested in Ranked but have low MMR, and others who've been constantly active in Ranked and have a higher MMR. We've suspected something else causing this issue but are still unsure. Nevertheless Dalen has prepared a hotfix for tomorrow, so this possible issue should be fixed.

Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 pm This patch will end bad for people who enjoy ranked, they will now get more sc-pops because of more people joining. But the quality of players joining ranked will go down, so have fun.
Ranked SCs are for everyone, the top players do not dictate who gets to join and who doesn't. Just like any other game, there will be different player skills with different MMR ratings and everyone must accept this.

Snowhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:02 pm Is ranked the reason, that LoD dosent comes? :mrgreen:
LoD was in line after HV. Ranked SC project was assigned to another developer who had to halt their work because of personal reasons, Dalen had to pick that up and proceed with it. Everything will come in time, please be patient.
Your answers are appreciated and helpful.

I like to occasionally play SC and have done some ranked. With certain classes it is fine. It is a really small population that does it and they roll the competition. Ranked from my perspective is rarely a fair fight.

I have seen ranked get extremely toxic when someone plays a non-meta class, or has lower end gear. If someone doesn't have pots or talismans it gets even worse. Pushing more people into ranked is going to keep Wargrimnr busy with bans.
I think you can expect people to use potions, if they queue for ranked, as this is no zerg fight, where individual performance is meaningless.
Dying is no option.

ChicagoJoe

Post#60 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 pm Your answers are appreciated and helpful.

I think you can expect people to use potions, if they queue for ranked, as this is no zerg fight, where individual performance is meaningless.
I would hope so... Has ranked gotten less toxic with new queuing system? Does the SC chat go nuts with dps heal or multiple engies?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.