Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 24/06/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Strakar

Re: Patch Notes 24/06/2021

Post#101 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:30 am

So the special team comp scenarios that are allowed before the game starts I think are exacerbating how precise competitive games need to be and how unbalanced many classes are. It's also a problem limiting ranked availability with a limited population. It would be interesting to try balancing away from 2-2-2 meta.

25% of roles in population are tanks but they are needed in 33% of group spots. Same for healers. It's simple math why there aren't enough to go around.

25% of pop or more is Rdps, but only allowed in 16% of ranked group slots, or even zero.

The same Rdps classes that aren't allowed in ranked aren't desirable in any volume in WB or city play either.

I don't play any classes in that role but I don't even see why you'd want to.

The two SM/BO ban too is easily fixed by opening up ST punt in 2h mode. Honestly I think we need to open up skills that are proprietary to 1-2 classes per realm and sprinkle them in to other less desirable classes who need utility. That and also work on builds that are underperforming. Like DPS WP, WH, most RDPS using up group slots in ranked or even city is a high loss probability right now unless they are top 1% of players. Would love to see more diversity.

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#102 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:36 am

Garamore wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:36 am
Amdus wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:13 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm - The amount of drops of Invader Shards & Royal Shards has been increased.
I stronly believe that this may be counter-productive in an already zerger enviroment.
Why? At the moment one of the reasons the huge zergs are there is so people can crush zones and get to city. By giving enough rewards in RvR you keep people wanting that content and not see it as a necessary means to get through to get to city (like trash mobs in pve before you get to the boss).
Tbh, I assumed this change was because Sov is no longer BiS - ranked items are now BiS.

Brakh

Post#103 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:12 am

Brakh wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:36 pm 3 times when tried to queue scenarios got insta ranked pop. Not interested in that kind of stuff, got 20min quitter. Please remove it from common queue.
I appreciate fast response. Truly grateful for that.

Fenris78

Post#104 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:11 pm

Strakar wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:30 am So the special team comp scenarios that are allowed before the game starts I think are exacerbating how precise competitive games need to be and how unbalanced many classes are. It's also a problem limiting ranked availability with a limited population. It would be interesting to try balancing away from 2-2-2 meta.

25% of roles in population are tanks but they are needed in 33% of group spots. Same for healers. It's simple math why there aren't enough to go around.

25% of pop or more is Rdps, but only allowed in 16% of ranked group slots, or even zero.

The same Rdps classes that aren't allowed in ranked aren't desirable in any volume in WB or city play either.

The two SM/BO ban too is easily fixed by opening up ST punt in 2h mode. Honestly I think we need to open up skills that are proprietary to 1-2 classes per realm and sprinkle them in to other less desirable classes who need utility. That and also work on builds that are underperforming. Like DPS WP, WH, most RDPS using up group slots in ranked or even city is a high loss probability right now unless they are top 1% of players. Would love to see more diversity.
Agreed.

Ranked comps should also disallow such thing as 2 Healers + 1 dps WP/DoK in only one team, since basically you got 3 healers + 3 dps + 2 tanks against 2/2/2.
Not fair and totally impossible to counter if opponents know how to play.

Keula

Post#105 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:11 pm
Strakar wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:30 am So the special team comp scenarios that are allowed before the game starts I think are exacerbating how precise competitive games need to be and how unbalanced many classes are. It's also a problem limiting ranked availability with a limited population. It would be interesting to try balancing away from 2-2-2 meta.

Agreed.

Ranked comps should also disallow such thing as 2 Healers + 1 dps WP/DoK in only one team, since basically you got 3 healers + 3 dps + 2 tanks against 2/2/2.
Not fair and totally impossible to counter if opponents know how to play.
I'm trying really hard to decipher what you mean here... So you're saying that dps DOK/WP is so unbelievably OP AF that it magically counts as a 2 dps and a healer at the same time? like whaaaaa?
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

whitekong92

Post#106 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:23 pm

please ad the Guild Mounts as reward for ranked. like 200 Triumphs for 2 Week