Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: Patch Notes 24/06/2021

Post#61 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:58 pm

Code: Select all

[quote=Sulorie post_id=486244 time=1624574557 user_id=2595]
[quote=ChicagoJoe post_id=486242 time=1624571310 user_id=90702]

Your answers are appreciated and helpful.

I like to occasionally play SC and have done some ranked. With certain classes it is fine. It is a really small population that does it and they roll the competition. Ranked from my perspective is rarely a fair fight.

I have seen ranked get extremely toxic when someone plays a non-meta class, or has lower end gear. If someone doesn't have pots or talismans it gets even worse. Pushing more people into ranked is going to keep Wargrimnr busy with bans.

I think you can expect people to use potions, if they queue for ranked, as this is no zerg fight, where individual performance is meaningless.

I would hope so... Has ranked gotten less toxic with new queuing system? Does the SC chat go nuts with dps heal or multiple engies?
Ranked will balance you into a 2/2/2 - this always has done. It accepts all classes and specs for inclusion - we can't build building systems around metas and dismissing classes from content because 'lol this sucks rn'.

If you find anyone being toxic in your scenarios the same rules apply - hit the report button and one of the greenboys will investigate it. They have a short tolerance for people being idiots so if they're toxic and/or consistently annoying people they'll probably feel differently after a GM has a word or a smack depending.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:19 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:58 pm
I would hope so... Has ranked gotten less toxic with new queuing system? Does the SC chat go nuts with dps heal or multiple engies?
People need to report bad behavior. Right click their name in chat. We take action on what gets reported.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mergrim

Post#63 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm - Have an MMR of 1000 or more and win a Ranked Solo match

I have a suggestion for you before the season 2 start.

Now we have 205 ppl with rating above 1k, i have 4 characters there myself and there is many others with multiple characters.
There are also a lot of people with 200-300 ranked games played and a rating of around 500-600 ... they will never hit 1k +.

With this system we reach new lvl of flustration and toxicity on ranked:D

So you'd better remove the 1000mmr requirement.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#64 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am

Mergrim wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm - Have an MMR of 1000 or more and win a Ranked Solo match

I have a suggestion for you before the new season starts

Now we have 205 ppl with rating above 1k, i have 4 characters there myself and there is many others with multiple characters.
There are also a lot of people with 200-300 ranked games played and a rating of around 500-600 ... they will never hit 1k +.

This reward is mainly for group ranked. If you're keen on going the easy way to get 50 insignias, you should queue as a group and you'll get 1 with every win. The season is 12 weeks-long, there's enough time.

Moreover, these are ranked rewards for the top players. The ability to purchase them while not being in the top 1-3 of your class/group ranked is already a loosened approach to the ranked rewards.

Mergrim

Post#65 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:57 am

GamesBond wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am

This reward is mainly for group ranked. If you're keen on going the easy way to get 50 insignias, you should queue as a group and you'll get 1 with every win. The season is 12 weeks-long, there's enough time.

Moreover, these are ranked rewards for the top players. The ability to purchase them while not being in the top 1-3 of your class/group ranked is already a loosened approach to the ranked rewards.
The main problem is that you are releasing a new BiS combination for every class. This system won't allow 95% of the population to get it.

Everdin

Post#66 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 am

Mergrim wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:57 am
GamesBond wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am

The main problem is that you are releasing a new BiS combination for every class. This system won't allow 95% of the population to get it.
Best possible way to force everyone in this niche for the fun of a few % of the playerbase. Just imagine this patch as something like organized manhunts you see in some movies where rich people pay to hunt down some people for fun.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ranked from time to time, it is a good way to verify the own gameplay, but only as long as I am not forced to play it to be competitive.

After all, if there will be no other option to get similar gear through pve, open pvp or at least normal sc we will again loose people.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#67 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:25 am

Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 am Best possible way to force everyone in this niche for the fun of a few % of the playerbase. Just imagine this patch as something like organized manhunts you see in some movies where rich people pay to hunt down some people for fun.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ranked from time to time, it is a good way to verify the own gameplay, but only as long as I am not forced to play it to be competitive.

After all, if there will be no other option to get similar gear through pve, open pvp or at least normal sc we will again loose people.
You can play perfectly fine without ranked. You can compete perfectly fine in RvR without ranked gear. Exaggerating the BiS scenario and acting as if ranked gear enables you to wipe a warband in RvR is really becoming silly... Whatever we will add, whichever gear will be present in ranked, you will find a scenario that makes it look as a dire need to be able to play the game.

Which is wrong; The game is still the same, if you dislike ranked you can avoid it just as much as other players never do PvE and can perfectly play RvR. It's a new game mode that we worked on, it has another gear set that is restricted to it just like other game modes have a gear restricted to them.

dalen
Developer

Post#68 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:59 am

I have a suggestion for you before the season 2 start.

There's no MMR requirement in group ranked, just win a match.

Sure, you have to form a 6-man to do that. But that's no different from getting the Sentinel Jewelry that also required a 6-man group.
Source Developer

Ads
Everdin

Post#69 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:18 am

GamesBond wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:25 am
Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 am Best possible way to force everyone in this niche for the fun of a few % of the playerbase. Just imagine this patch as something like organized manhunts you see in some movies where rich people pay to hunt down some people for fun.

You can play perfectly fine without ranked. You can compete perfectly fine in RvR without ranked gear. Exaggerating the BiS scenario and acting as if ranked gear enables you to wipe a warband in RvR is really becoming silly... Whatever we will add, whichever gear will be present in ranked, you will find a scenario that makes it look as a dire need to be able to play the game.

Which is wrong; The game is still the same, if you dislike ranked you can avoid it just as much as other players never do PvE and can perfectly play RvR. It's a new game mode that we worked on, it has another gear set that is restricted to it just like other game modes have a gear restricted to them.
I apologise that my view on the game is not the same as yours, and that I use the forum to write my opinion.

It's your project, do whatever you want, if you add Dragon-Mounts with mounted machine-guns, and give it only to players who makes the furthest jump from the Dragonwake-bridge, do it!

But don't expect that everyone like the changes, especially regarding BiS gear. This game is all about gear, making it not enjoyable to get for 95% of the server and deny that this is a problem is not a good way.

If I want the gear I will get it sooner or later and enjoy the game with or without it, but I doubt everyone will do so.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

ChicagoJoe

Post#70 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:05 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:25 am

I think people tend to min max-max but we should review the current 8 piece sov bonuses - they are so weak or have such a long cool down its never worth the work to add an eighth piece to take them. It would be better to allow another tactic slot.
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.