Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#111 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:40 pm
Dabbart wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:34 pm
Again. BW tactic did not stack. Sorc tactic did stack. Dalen claimed that ANY ability altered via tactic should NOT stack with other abilities. This is NOT how the server has functioned for over 6 years. The BW NOT stacking was the "bug" as I understand it, but believe it was altered due to Balance. If the sorc should be altered the same for the same reasons, fine I have no issue with this.

I do not know how I can be any clearer. Tactics/Abilities/Morales all stack. That is how this server has worked generally, there are exceptions for the sake of Balance. An ability altered by a Tactic stacked with other abilities. It's been this way for 6+ years. I just want confirmation that ALL abilities functioning this way are now considered Bugs.

Stop using Sorc/BW as an argument. This is about all classes and how things stack, not just them.
You sure make it sound like there's several abilities that would affected by this logic. Do you have an example in mind?
not all of them, i just skimmed through a few classes (i only play like 1 class):

Zealot armor/corp debuff and Runie armor debuff tactics for aoe ability
both stack with tanks/dps' regular armor debuffs

Knight 15% healing aura tactic stacks with runie 25% healing tactic (and AM Desperation tactic too presumably)

unsure whether SM's Isha's Protection tactic stacks with runie's 25% and knight's 15%

Don't know whether black orcs new tactic for toughness stacks with other abilities/potions because its been bugged since it was added

unsure whether WL's Baited Trap tactic stacks with armor pots

unsure how marauder's 3 tactics 1st in each tree for bonus stats stack with other abilities/potions

marauder's deeply impaled tactic stacks with blackguard's crimson death
unsure if witch elve's Septic blade tactic stacks with blackguard's crush the weak

witchelf/witch hunter's 50% armor pen tactic does not stack with their 50% armor pen ability

unsure how WP's greave of sigmar tactic stacks with other abilities/potions

unsure how chosen's repel 10% reduced armor pen tactic stacks with zealot reduced armor pen tactic (nobody really bothers using the chosen tactic afaik)

there are other examples but they don't fit precisely into the category of being an ability enhanced by a tactic, or tactics not stacking with abilities
++ dabbart mentioned a few more in his post on the last page

Ads
geraldtarrant

Post#112 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Tactic affected Chillwind res debuff shouldnt stack only with other Chillwind res debuff/ any other tactic res debuff. It still should stack with abilities like chosen auras tho, since sources of effect are different. Treating tactic affected Chillwind res debuff as ability source is just semantics used to justify this nerf and call it bug fix.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#113 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:03 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm Tactic affected Chillwind res debuff shouldnt stack only with other Chillwind res debuff/ any other tactic res debuff. It still should stack with abilities like chosen auras tho, since sources of effect are different. Treating tactic affected Chillwind res debuff as ability source is just semantics used to justify this nerf and call it bug fix.
I agree, anything that requires a valuble tactic slot (we only have 4 FYI to devs), should stack or else its just a wasted tactic slot if it doesn't.

ekalime
Developer

Post#114 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:55 pm

Glorian wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:38 pm I still couldn’t find an answer. How long is the return to Ekrund Event running?
We won't give you a concrete date it will end. Suffice to say it will be a longer-than-usual event. People should have plenty of time to complete the event and get their rewards. Many elements of this event are intentionally left vague/unanswered ... clues for you to decipher, relics to find, dates to ponder about, rewards to await their purpose...

Omegus

Post#115 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:48 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:40 pm
Dabbart wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:34 pm
Again. BW tactic did not stack. Sorc tactic did stack. Dalen claimed that ANY ability altered via tactic should NOT stack with other abilities. This is NOT how the server has functioned for over 6 years. The BW NOT stacking was the "bug" as I understand it, but believe it was altered due to Balance. If the sorc should be altered the same for the same reasons, fine I have no issue with this.

I do not know how I can be any clearer. Tactics/Abilities/Morales all stack. That is how this server has worked generally, there are exceptions for the sake of Balance. An ability altered by a Tactic stacked with other abilities. It's been this way for 6+ years. I just want confirmation that ALL abilities functioning this way are now considered Bugs.

Stop using Sorc/BW as an argument. This is about all classes and how things stack, not just them.
You sure make it sound like there's several abilities that would affected by this logic. Do you have an example in mind?
not all of them, i just skimmed through a few classes (i only play like 1 class):

Zealot armor/corp debuff and Runie armor debuff tactics for aoe ability
both stack with tanks/dps' regular armor debuffs

Knight 15% healing aura tactic stacks with runie 25% healing tactic (and AM Desperation tactic too presumably)

unsure whether SM's Isha's Protection tactic stacks with runie's 25% and knight's 15%

Don't know whether black orcs new tactic for toughness stacks with other abilities/potions because its been bugged since it was added

unsure whether WL's Baited Trap tactic stacks with armor pots

unsure how marauder's 3 tactics 1st in each tree for bonus stats stack with other abilities/potions

marauder's deeply impaled tactic stacks with blackguard's crimson death
unsure if witch elve's Septic blade tactic stacks with blackguard's crush the weak

witchelf/witch hunter's 50% armor pen tactic does not stack with their 50% armor pen ability

unsure how WP's greave of sigmar tactic stacks with other abilities/potions

unsure how chosen's repel 10% reduced armor pen tactic stacks with zealot reduced armor pen tactic (nobody really bothers using the chosen tactic afaik)

there are other examples but they don't fit precisely into the category of being an ability enhanced by a tactic, or tactics not stacking with abilities
++ dabbart mentioned a few more in his post on the last page
Ain't Done Yet (Shaman's +25% healing tactic) was stacking with Blessing of Chaos (Zealot's +25% healing tactic), both of which are linked to abilities/procs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

RaginPower

Post#116 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:02 am

Sooo when's the new server coming up again? 🤣

Strakar

Post#117 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:46 am

All the stacking inconsistencies are hard to follow, and unfortunately make a lot of skills useless. Like for SM, 2 of our 3 blade enchants are pointless due to being blocked by common buffs.

It may be interesting to lop off some stats and armor from equipment across the board and let all buffs and debuffs from skills and pots stack. Make the game less gear dependent and put more onus on which modifiers you decide to use, finding balanced teams, etc.. Is that naive?

havartii

Post#118 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:35 am

Still not addressing all the survivability nerfs to shaman and archmage. Sure the hot hitting extra players in nice. But fail to recoup armor nerf, ap drain, runaway (for shaman) . All nerfs are understandable from a overall aspect, but nothing was ever given back. Just cause the class is a hybrid that makes it popular to play does not mean it is in a good place. The balance decisions are quite bad, because over all we want (this) but give nothing back and gimp a class that was not even that great to begin with.. maybe had some annoying trait some would complain about.. sucks
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Akalukz

Post#119 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:12 am

Love the event, but it's dang near impossible to complete.
-= Agony =-

oaliaen

Post#120 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:16 am

Strakar wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:46 am All the stacking inconsistencies are hard to follow, and unfortunately make a lot of skills useless. Like for SM, 2 of our 3 blade enchants are pointless due to being blocked by common buffs.

It may be interesting to lop off some stats and armor from equipment across the board and let all buffs and debuffs from skills and pots stack. Make the game less gear dependent and put more onus on which modifiers you decide to use, finding balanced teams, etc.. Is that naive?

yes