Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#161 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:23 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:04 pm The dire shielding tactic bugfix leaded to a massive Order Drama and finally was nerfed into oblivion (making it useless again)...so the double moral of some players about "fixing bugs" is pretty obvious....
We can find many useless tactics on pretty much every class.
Hopefully Shadow of Disaster is still the most powerful spirit debuff in game, so I would not call it useless in any way...

Ads
Omegus

Post#162 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:29 pm

areandar wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 pmThis doesnt make sense 1 bit mythics cliënt is correct, that u guys cant comprehend it yet i can understand . But if ya replay the packets u can see em all work flawless also it shows dabbert or whatever his name was is correct. U dont understand it 1 bit (wich is not offensively meant) u will have some understanding in years of work. But not the cliënts sides. the whole battle system u guys are using is outdated and doesnt work as per live. Also the components and abilities are not working how they should on ror however it is fine and works for what is needed. This is not bad or anything but its more or less the way it was built from the get go. also u(team) is balancing the game anew. With new skills and new ways of playing the game and reinventing the wheel wich this server is for alpha phase. But to spit on the cliënt or place a blame is like a spit on a legacy.
Mythic's client is often a buggy piece of **** that still causes problems today (unless we want to call resource leaks and crashes "correct"), balance on live was trash, and ROR has moved well beyond trying to reimplement classes of the final 1.4.8 patch precisely and thank god for it. Bugged animation files have been fixed (client issue), various terrain holes plugged (client issue), and god-knows what else. There have been 6-7 years of further balance changes - both good and bad - applied by the ROR team. It is often hard to keep track of what was an intentional change from live and what was just a bug on ROR though, especially for things where the ability/tactic text looks the same but has a subtle implementation difference.

Remember, ROR is NOT supposed to be a repilca of the final patch of the live servers.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

areandar

Post#163 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:35 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:29 pm
areandar wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 pmThis doesnt make sense 1 bit mythics cliënt is correct, that u guys cant comprehend it yet i can understand . But if ya replay the packets u can see em all work flawless also it shows dabbert or whatever his name was is correct. U dont understand it 1 bit (wich is not offensively meant) u will have some understanding in years of work. But not the cliënts sides. the whole battle system u guys are using is outdated and doesnt work as per live. Also the components and abilities are not working how they should on ror however it is fine and works for what is needed. This is not bad or anything but its more or less the way it was built from the get go. also u(team) is balancing the game anew. With new skills and new ways of playing the game and reinventing the wheel wich this server is for alpha phase. But to spit on the cliënt or place a blame is like a spit on a legacy.
Mythic's client is often a buggy piece of **** that still causes problems today (unless we want to call resource leaks and crashes "correct"), balance on live was trash, and ROR has moved well beyond trying to reimplement classes of the final 1.4.8 patch precisely and thank god for it. Bugged animation files have been fixed (client issue), various terrain holes plugged (client issue), and god-knows what else. There have been 6-7 years of further balance changes - both good and bad - applied by the ROR team. It is often hard to keep track of what was an intentional change from live and what was just a bug on ROR though, especially for things where the ability/tactic text looks the same but has a subtle implementation difference.

Remember, ROR is NOT supposed to be a repilca of the final patch of the live servers.
I agree with u thats why i work on a different server, but he shouldnt acted it was this or that.. the work they done and achieved is nothing but an absolute gift for people to enjoy the game or to get to know the game not in its original design but still the magic that it holds.

Fey

Post#164 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:09 pm

I have nothing but props and respect for the various teams and devs. And I'll immediately turn around with a loving critique.

RoR is pretty long in the teeth at this point, and has far surpassed the typical lifespan for these kinds of projects. That speaks to the excellence of the team providing this service, as always, for free.

For myself as someone who's played the game since live beta I worry about RoR straying further from the OG game. For me the severe changes to the morale system were not great. The appeal of ability/tactic/morale made this game particularly fast paced and dynamic. Of course this critique is tired and inconsequential. RoR isn't going back at this point.

I believe that only a few fundamental changes were necessary from live aside from the innumerable bug fixes. Kotbs shatter at 5ft not 65ft, cool down on Pounce, cool down on Run Away; perhaps a meager handful of others.

I'm mostly done with RoR, but I honestly hope it stays stronk. Any WAR is better than none. There's just too many changes for my taste, and I think the original player base is the vanguard of the revolution.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

wonshot

Post#165 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 pm

Fey wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:09 pm
For myself as someone who's played the game since live beta I worry about RoR straying further from the OG game. For me the severe changes to the morale system were not great. The appeal of ability/tactic/morale made this game particularly fast paced and dynamic. Of course this critique is tired and inconsequential. RoR isn't going back at this point.
I've felt for a long time that the TimeToKill has been too high on RoR and the natural flow of recovering and ressing with low penalties have been pushed too far away from the original game design.
Bellow getting moved to M2 instead of the usual M3 was a sideeffect of tank morale bombing, but that was resolved with the limmit of how much unmitigated morale-dmg you could take per sec. Stacking these mitigation morales on top of abilities, with close to 100% uptime in cities and warband guild vs guild fights make for this really drawn out TimeToKill where normal abilities feel lackluster when drowned in mitigation, and this homemade Stealther anti-ress mechanic becomes pretty mandetory to make any progression stick to the floor when you land a kill.

Yes its a meta shake up, but it has also moved the game away from the original design of casualties, recovery/snowball effect.
To me personally, the game has shifted focus away from what it was good or the best at, and instead trying to be the "instance based" endgame arena pvp version of an unmirrored unbalanced pvp game. The selling point of RoR is still the same, the largescale battles as we see in the 2021 promotion video. But yet the game focus and balance seem to be only on the instanced fights and so far from the main game and nature of RvR with two sides having different winconditions and playstyles.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

mikfez

Post#166 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 pm
Fey wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:09 pm
I've felt for a long time that the TimeToKill has been too high on RoR and the natural flow of recovering and ressing with low penalties have been pushed too far away from the original game design.
Bellow getting moved to M2 instead of the usual M3 was a sideeffect of tank morale bombing, but that was resolved with the limmit of how much unmitigated morale-dmg you could take per sec. Stacking these mitigation morales on top of abilities, with close to 100% uptime in cities and warband guild vs guild fights make for this really drawn out TimeToKill where normal abilities feel lackluster when drowned in mitigation, and this homemade Stealther anti-ress mechanic becomes pretty mandetory to make any progression stick to the floor when you land a kill.

Yes its a meta shake up, but it has also moved the game away from the original design of casualties, recovery/snowball effect.
To me personally, the game has shifted focus away from what it was good or the best at, and instead trying to be the "instance based" endgame arena pvp version of an unmirrored unbalanced pvp game. The selling point of RoR is still the same, the largescale battles as we see in the 2021 promotion video. But yet the game focus and balance seem to be only on the instanced fights and so far from the main game and nature of RvR with two sides having different winconditions and playstyles.
Totally agree >
The heart and soul of this game is ORvR and we seem to be moving further and further away from it.
One measures a circle beginning anywhere

Illuminati

Post#167 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Yep. Moved across the World for my job and it was like logging into a different server.

mSH nerfed to hell, Choppa still sucks, rvr gone, Slayers still OP. Can we do a rollback and start from T2 again =)
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

havartii

Post#168 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:18 am

Still no survival skills given back to light armored heals.. I will pass.. good luck
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#169 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:48 am

Caduceus wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Bozzax wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:26 pm

SoD inherits ability group for stacking calculation as it is applied by ability use (chillwind)

Tactics that add buffs or debuffs directly to a spell belong in the tactics group, "whether applied directly or indirectly" as stated in the 2015 post by Azarael. Note that as an example it states Warping the Spirit which does both, and both should be treated as belonging to the tactics group.

There is no mention of inheriting groups.

While Azarael back in 2015 might have preferred different mechanics than the live server ones, the current devs prefer the live server combat formulas and buff/debuff stacking mechanics. Using the live server stacking rules creates less problems and strange exceptions where some tactics have to be excluded because it would be way too OP with stacking initiative debuffs for example.

If future devs in six years from now wants to do something different, well that's up to them I guess.
Source Developer